TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

Since you don't have any rides in the park you can do this two ways, if you are totally happy with all your selections simply hit the tool box icon on the RCT home screen and select "Convert Saved Game to Scenario". Change the setting in the scenario to whatever you want and save it as a new scenario.

or

Go the the toolbox and enter the "Scenario Editor" and put your saved game back into the editor. Hit the disc icon and select "Load Landscape". In the pull down tab at top it should say "Landscapes", click on pull down arrow and select "RCT2" and then "Saved Games" and pick the one you want. Make any changes you want to make in rides, scenery or whatever and the save it as a new scenario.

I can't really say why without seeing it in person, check and make sure the paths are REALLY connected. They may look like they are but (depending on the path type) they may not be. If this is the case the guests will be able to get in but not out. Kind of like when you have a path that gets disconnected from a ride entrance but the entrance sign stays up at the end of the path like nothing is wrong or when a path gets disconnected from a ride exit the guests can get off the ride but the mechanic can not get in to fix it.

If you can't get it working be happy to try and figure it out. deltzroth@woh.rr.com

Hello.

I'm completely new to talking to anyone on a forum on the internet. I have a really stupid question( in my mind at least). How do you take a picture on RCT2? Do you use the screenshot option under the tab where you save the game? I'm asking because this computer isn't completely mine, and I don't want to mess anything up. Thanks!!

^Press crtl+s, the go into "name" folder with documents, pictures etc. then AppData, Local, Virtual Store, Program Files, Infogrames Interactive or Atari.

Is there any way to reset the park objective? I really want to let peeps into my park, but I can't because early on I failed the 'park-rating-above-700' objective (I didn't have rides yet). I tried resetting the time, but that didn't work. So does anyone know any way to do it?

You can use 8 cars and go into "park" then "open/close" park.

I have a dilemna. I'm experimenting with the trams for a park I am working on with my 8 car trainer (I have 1.32). Anyways, the tram goes over its pathwhere it's supposed to go straight and turn left into the station (it's a loop), but it keeps returning to the turn where it came from. What can i do to fix the issue?

Hi,

I posted this on a separate thread a while back but I thought I would try again on the official help thread. Its for the expert park - Oasis - Africa. No matter what I try guests do not come into the park. Has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it.

I have a dilemna. I'm experimenting with the trams for a park I am working on with my 8 car trainer (I have 1.32). Anyways, the tram goes over its pathwhere it's supposed to go straight and turn left into the station (it's a loop), but it keeps returning to the turn where it came from. What can i do to fix the issue?

Not really sure what the problem is, but the first thing you want to do is use an older version of 8Cars (I recommend 1.302) instead. Can you explain in more detail what exactly you're trying to do and what is going on?

Hi,

I posted this on a separate thread a while back but I thought I would try again on the official help thread. Its for the expert park - Oasis - Africa. No matter what I try guests do not come into the park. Has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it.

Use 8Cars and send a tram into the park. You can do this by Guests > Trams > Large tram. That worked for me on that park.

I'm having trouble trying to extract some CTRs into my ObjDat folder. On Winrar, whenever I click on the ride and try to extract the ride file into the ObjDat folder, it says the name of the file and something to do with 'Access is denied.' Somebody sent me a folder with all of the rides to make it a little easier and I tried to do the same thing. This time, it gave the file name for each file and said 'The system cannot find the path specified'. Does anyone know how this can be fixed, or an easier way to get the CTRs to the ObjDat folder? Thank's in advance for any help, this is really bugging me.

How the heck do you upload screenshots to this website?? '

Because I've tried to upload them, and can't figure it out.

The screens are in your RCT2 program files folder. If you're running Vista, read the last few pages because I know I've stated multiple times how to get the screens if you can't find them at first.

At the moment I am trying to do a dual station. The only problem is, I get the trapper error when I dispatch the train that goes onto the first track. Any suggestions?

Read this. http://forums.nedesigns.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=15954&view=findpost&p=351197

It has everything you need to know about making a working dual station.

How do you do those "1x1" curves on RCT2 and RCTLL coasters?

Huh? Do you mean the small 1x1 tile turns like on the wild mouse coasters or what? Please explain.

GigaG, they're only available on the wild mouse coasters and the helicopter rides. You could always merge wild mouse track into whatever you're working on if you need those sharp corners.

Can someone explain to me how to sink supports and footers and such? I want to be able to continue my footers underwater, but I don't want to mess around with the trainers until I screw something up. Thanks!

I'm having quite some trouble with my RCT2 after I got Windows 7, it keeps saying Error and my 8cars does not work either. Does anyone know what the problem might be? It's really frustrating not being able to play THE greatest game ever...

Thanks =0)

Can someone explain to me how to sink supports and footers and such? I want to be able to continue my footers underwater, but I don't want to mess around with the trainers until I screw something up. Thanks!

Build the supports first, then zero clearances (absolute), raise the water level, and you're done. Restore clearances.

Alternatively, you could build the supports and footers above the water and sink them with map object manipulation if you understand how to use that feature, but the first method is much easier.

When I use the 8 Cars Per Trainer to merge track, it never works. When I try to test the track, it says the circuit is incomplete. I know I'm doing it right. How can I fix this?

Remember to set the operating mode of the coaster to "powered launch mode" or "boat hire mode" after merging.

Windows 7 people: I'm not sure how to fix those trainer problems.

BTW, does anyone else on this site have knowledge to answer questions, or did I somehow get the unofficial position since I'm on NE?

For future reference, most questions can be answered by reading this forum.

http://forums.nedesigns.com/index.php?showforum=7