TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

I am custom supporting an Impulse coaster but when I get to the spikes, I can't get the supports close to the track. I opened up my old versions of 8cars, but they wouldn't acknowledge the rides existence, so I downloaded DMX's on the top of the page and that had the rides. I clicked the Impulse, clicked zero clearances, clicked apply then ok but when I go back to RCT, I still cant get the supports any closer. What should I do?

Edit: I painted the spikes in color scheme 1, then changed it to zero clearance. And that works, but then the track flickers (it sometimes disappears and sometimes it is visible). How is that fixable or is that the wrong way to do it?

Use 8Cars 1.302, as that is the most stable/reliable version out there. Just absolute-zero-clearance the entire park - that's what I always do when I custom support.

If you want to do it your way by zero clearanceing the one ride, 8Cars is known to be unresponsive if you computer isn't running on ideal settings. Are you using Vista? If so, be sure to disable UAC on your computer, disable visual themes in the properties menu by right-clicking on the game icon, set the game to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP service pack 2, and set the display theme of your computer to "Windows Classic." This will eliminate any unresponsive problems caused by 8Cars and Vista.

The track will always flicker when zero-clearanced. The game will fix itself when you restore the clearances. Hit me up on facebook with any other questions you have about the game man.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I got a new computer and downloaded this game and after I install it ask me before playing the game to "Please insert your Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 Cd in the following drive" Then it has a space provided. Can someone help what am I suppose to put there?

Thanks.

Jp

...it ask me before playing the game to "Please insert your Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 Cd in the following drive" Then it has a space provided. Can someone help what am I suppose to put there?

Thanks.

Jp

That's a new one. When it leaves the space for the drive designation are you able to type in a response to fill the blank? If so I suggest you remove RCT2 from your computer and install it again. This time pay attention to what drive it installs onto. When it asks, put in the proper response. If that doesn't work I have no idea what to do next.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay guys. New one. Will be getting a new computer in the new year. One that will hopefully have a video card at least twice as good as that in my current laptop ("stupid video card, runs No Limits at only 4fps!"). Anyway, it's almost a dead cert that the new desktop is gonna come with Windows 7.

Has anybody tried RCT2 and the add-ons with Windows 7 and if so, how well does it run? Does Windows 7 have the same issues with 8Cars as Vista or does it work better?

Haven't seen these questions asked yet and thought they were obvious questions to be asked

Thanks

Eric

Hey everyone! It's been such a long time since I've been on here, I've had to get a new user name!

Anyway, does anyone know where I can find a copy of the 4 cars per trainer?

Extensive google-ing has me thinking that the only mirror was the creator's geo-city website, which is now offline.

Does anyone have a copy, of any version, on their hard drive?

Thanks!

-TD

MOD Edit: Moved to RCT2 Help

I would like to post the best trainer(s) for RCT2 here.

The program I'm going to post here in this thread is a menu box of diffrent things related to RCT2.

-This is a program thats installed onto your computer, not just something that pops up.

-Save before using any cheat

-Keep two save game files

-.dats are your object files (coasters, scenery, walls, plants, and tiles)

You have.

8cars v1.32

Dat Checker

Dat Checker 1.5

Dat Maker 1.1

Dat Previewer

Object Editor 1.22

Object Editor 1.23d (test)

Object Extractor v1.0

Object Extractor

Park Dat 1.4

Path Maker -easy

RCT2 reliABLE Trainer

RCT2 reliABLE Patch

RCT 2 Palette Maker

Ride Maker - advance

Saved Game Modifier v1.00

Text read me help files

Rct Revalutions.com (broken link)

I'm also going to put the older version of 8cars in the .zip file. (merging)

-Matt

Rct_2u_tv3setup.zip

Menu box made by HavingFun, Parkdat made by Parkitect, other trainers made by other RCT2 Users.

...does anyone know where I can find a copy of the 4 cars per trainer?

...any version...

Your looking for the RCT1 4cars trainer? Are you sure you wouldn't rather have The Beast or TRG? Anyway, make sure you have the Drexler patch installed or your game will crash.

Attached is the only version of the RCT1 4cars trainer that I am aware of.

4cars.zip

RCT1 - 4cars trainer

Yes it is an "Error Trapper" message. Yes I can still open it in the editor. I don't believe so but I very well could have, I'll go check and fix whatever needs fixing.

EDIT: Nope, that's not it. All The original scenery tabs have stuff in them, is it because I'm not using all the flowers and all the roofs?

Nope that shouldn't hurt anything, you only need 1 item in each. Since that in not the problem I'm going to have ask you to send me the park so I can look around and see if I can find the problem.

I'll need the scenario that will not open and the last version you used in the editor before the Error Tapper happened when it was converted to the scenario. Be sure to check mark export plugins in the options menu before saving and sending.

deltzroth@woh.rr.com

Sent the park back to you this evening, so give your email a look. I fixed 1 of the 3 problems. The other 2 you will have to fix yourself, they involve too many attractions and senery items selected. I almost asked if you some how managed to go over the limits, but since I have only been able to do it once I figured that wouldn't be one of the problems but ironically it ended up being 2 of them.

If you can't it getting working after you fix those other 2 issues send it back and I will try again.