TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

...how do I rotate the ride entrance?

I have been trying several times with SOB trainer but just can't get it...

I can't help you, I have never tried to do that, however there was a park released a few days ago that had it done on one of the coasters. Topic was [RCT2] The San Francisco Boardwalk. If you don't get an answer here in a few days try asking it there or PM the author of the post.

link: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52396

... trying to make a coaster similar to Everest, I can make the first connection for the reverse section, but I am struggling with the track bit to get it to go forward...

Not sure what problem your having getting it to just move forward or getting it to take the forward track. I have never been on that ride but from what I have seen on video the train uses only gravity and brakes to get around the course once it is off the lift(s).

Moving Forward - Make the track go up hill in reverse, once it stops it should start moving forward. If you want it to stop and stay there like Everest does you might be able to make that happen with the use of some well placed block brakes.

Taking the Forward Track - If you were able to get it to stop moving forward and then reverse down the alternate track it should be the exact same process to get from the reverse track to the forward track again. If that is not working I can't really help you here, need to have the park to work on it myself to see the problem and try to figure out whats going wrong.

email: deltzroth@woh.rr.com

^ Do you mean rotate it in the editor?, if so there is no way to do that. You have to make 2 or 4 (depending on the type of object) separate bmp's. One for each angle. Your paint program should have a rotate button, do it there and save each angle then export them to the editor.

Once you have each angle in the editor you can move the object around using the arrow buttons to get each one lined up on the grid. This takes patience and sometimes many tests of your object against "IN GAME" objects to make sure everything lines up.

Just make sure when you get it right you make a couple of backups so if by chance you accidentally remove them from your computer you still have them somewhere else. Always sucks to have to start over.

...how do I rotate the ride entrance?

I have been trying several times with SOB trainer but just can't get it...

I can't help you, I have never tried to do that, however there was a park released a few days ago that had it done on one of the coasters. Topic was [RCT2] The San Francisco Boardwalk. If you don't get an answer here in a few days try asking it there or PM the author of the post.

link: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52396

That was done by using a program called WinHack. (from what i believe, i was not the one who did the entrance. WinHack enables you to rotate, move, and turn invisible entrances and bases, and do a lot of other stuff not possible in rct. a tutorial on it can be found here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm new here so be gentle. I Re discovered rct2 about a week ago, have been dabbling with custom scenery, new rides, trainers and the like, but didn't want to start a project untill i'd refamiliarised myself with the game. I belive i'm now ready for a project, but i need some build advice. Where do i find this? as i am aware this is a help thread not a buid thread I haveseen something i'd like to do but cant figure out how to do it. please direct me to the correct forum. Thanks in advance. Embarkation

...i'm now ready for a project, but i need some build advice. Where do i find this?

There is no "build" thread here at TPR. If your having a problem just trying to build and your not wanting a personal thread about it you can post it here. Someone will help you get past the stuck point your at.

If you have a "project" your working on and want to share it's construction and get advise as your going along start a thread about the project. Post some pictures, ask for some opinions. Remember to put RCT2 in the title so users of that game can find your post and those with no interest in RCT2 can ignore it.

...everytime I try to load a saved game, it comes up with an error.

Need to know what "error" your getting. Error Trapper, or Missing DAT?

So I am in the scenario editor making a park, and when I go from the "own the land" section to the "invention selection" section it freaks out. It makes half the land I own go back to being unowned (but in the map, it still says it is owned. What is going on, and should I just use 8cars to own all the land? Am I even making sense?

Edit: What is the order sequence of opening up a park with 8cars? Is it start rct, load park, go to desktop, load 8cars, open park, viola? Or how does it go?

...from the "own the land" section to the "invention selection" section it freaks out.

If there are paths on the map the problem sounds like you have a owned path touching an unowned path. This can cause the map to alter what's owned and or unowned when you leave the landscaping page of the editor.

If there are no paths touching on the map I have no clue why it would mess up like that. I have nothing but BAD LUCK using the "Own All Land" function on 8cars so I would say DON'T HIT IT!, but then again save your game under a different name and hit it anyway. What could it hurt as long as you have a back up.

...the order sequence of opening up a park with 8cars?

The way you wrote it is the "correct" way, however I have never had any problems loading it before RCT either.

I'm running RCT2 on Vista, and have never had any problems with it before...

However, with my newest park, the game has started to lag terribly in the more crowded areas (almost as bad as RCT3!). Also, when using 8cars, it won't let me edit any of the rides (when I select the drop-down list, all it says is: Not Used, Not Used, Not Used, ect.) or zero clearances. In fact, when I even TRY to use one of these features, the trainer program just stops working, period, for at least 24 hours.

Does anyone know a solution to any of these problems?

^I'm not sure. It's just that recently a tonne of people have been asking about merging stuff, and no-one seems to be able to find the old 8 cars. As for your problem, I have no idea, I haven't come across it before. Have you tried restarting your computer?

Does anyone have a download of SHOP1? I think it's the skeeball ride/shop.

^ the trainer needs the DLL on your desktop to work and the download is missing it. Stosky you need to put up an new zip with both files in it. If your missing it also let me know an I'll put it up.

Sorry, I deleted the program for it, assuming that I wouldn't need it again. If you could post it, it would be greatly appreciated!

Ok I've got have questions.

I'm trying to make a park that has two entrances both hidden and below ground. This is because I want to make a pre-entrance area and have the guests enter this area in two ways.

The first way i want to have the guests enter is via a monorail (or make it seem as though this is the case by having an underground path from my entrance to the monorail buildings exit)

The second way is the usual walking in from the car park. So with this in mind I have built the 2 hidden entrances but cant for the life of me remember how to make guest enter through both of these entrances. I have 8 cars and know i need the co-ordinates of the entry points but can't figure them out. Can anyone help?

SCR10.BMP

the entry point that wil become the monorail station

SCR7.BMP

The 'main' entrance

^ you don't need a trainer for what your doing. In the editor go to the "Landscape" page (pg2) Click on the MAP icon (left side). With the window up you should see 3 tabs. 1-land, 2-entrance and 3-guest entry.

Click on the little guy and a blue square with an arrow should show up in at least one of the entries on the edge of the map. If it is not already pointing into the map move it so it is. Now go to the 2ND entry and click on it. A second blue box should appear. After you do this go back and check the first one to see if by chance it happened to be the one that moved. If so click again and it should come back.

IMPORTANT: with an underground path starting at the edge the box MUST be on the path (underground) and not on the surface. If it is on the surface the guests with will be stuck at the maps edge seemingly floating in the air.

IMPORTAINT: never have more than 2 paths touching the edge of the map. The blue entry point squares have a bad habit of moving themselves to some random path that is also touching the edge. If you feel you must have a paths that touch the edge that are not guest entry points put that final path piece on by inverting land ownership after you are DONE with park. Of course invert the ownership back when finished.

Using monorails as transports instead of just a ride; Keep in mind that to the guests all so called transport rides are just that RIDES (the elevator is no exception). They will not use them to get anywhere like you or I would. Always make sure you have a hidden path for the guests to take if they decide they do not want to ride the monorail. The only other way around this is to FORCE them onto the rides with use of well placed NO ENTRY signs. By using the signs you can funnel them into an area and then force them into the line for monorail.

553125364_NotEntryPoints.JPG.a4d107a4110298b83b6684d9b7fe8eaf.JPG

One of the 2 road exits for the park. The paths have been removed (for now). When I was first done in the editor with this map I forgot to remove these paths and sure enough the first time I tried to test the park with guests only one blue entry point square was where it was suppose to be the other had moved to one of these roads. Had to go back to the editor and fix it. Don't let this happen to you. Leave the extra paths till you are done with map.

1272384704_EntryPoints.JPG.496b5e558e40cf3ea4ed34cbb3d6dd0a.JPG

The entry points for a park I am working on. The blue squares on under ground where the paths are.

Thanks dmaxsba2408:

I had completely forgotten about the little peeps icon, silly me, Sorted it now thanks.

My monorail will serve two purposes:

1) It will look like it is dropping guest off at the park gates, when in fact it is not (they will be entering through the hidden entrance and leaving the monorail building as if they have just got off). Hopefully hiding the underground entrance.

2) It will act as an actual ride. The plan is to construct a hidden underground pathway, with the entrance to said path being tucked away in a building. This will be access to the ride for the guest already in the park so you dont get that irritating "Guest can't reach the entrance to monorail" message. Hopefully this will add to the effect of guests just arriving at the gates via the Monorail. Obviously there will be a mix of those already IN the park and those who have just arrived via the hidden entrance.

Anyway, thanks for all your help and advice it is much appreciated.

I am custom supporting an Impulse coaster but when I get to the spikes, I can't get the supports close to the track. I opened up my old versions of 8cars, but they wouldn't acknowledge the rides existence, so I downloaded DMX's on the top of the page and that had the rides. I clicked the Impulse, clicked zero clearances, clicked apply then ok but when I go back to RCT, I still cant get the supports any closer. What should I do?

Edit: I painted the spikes in color scheme 1, then changed it to zero clearance. And that works, but then the track flickers (it sometimes disappears and sometimes it is visible). How is that fixable or is that the wrong way to do it?