TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

Hi!

I'm having a huge problem with Rct2. Yes, it's about the clearances. There are many things:

1: The clearances have gone MAD, meaning if I, for instance, would like to build a roof over a ride entrance the game won't allow me to build it right over the entrance - only what seems like 10 or 12 metres above it.

2: The Zero Clearance-function doesn't seem to solve this problem.

3: In fact, the Zero-Clearance-function and the Un-Zero-Clearance-Function don't work at all - except for the fact that they're are still messing my park up, and ruining the graphics!

I run this game on a Windows Vista, but runs it in XP-compitability, I have changed my laptop theme to Windows Classic and checked the "Disable Virtual Themes" box. I've restarted the game and my computer several times, but nothing help. Anyone got a solution?

If you want to see the park to fix the problems just write it, and I'll send it to you.

Please help me!

1. Anything built after you zero clearence once does not have the zero clearences until you restore and again zero the clearences after building.

2. See above.

3. Not sure about this. What version of Vista are you using. 32 and 64 bit home editions should work fine.

For all three: Use 8Cars version 1.302

I really need help with this. I downloaded the SoB trainer a long time ago, and I have never been able to get the entrance and exit sinking right. I get to the part where both huts are all the way underground, but guests cannot enter the ride! I build a queue going to where the entrance should be, yet guests just walk into the line then walk away like nothings there. Please help me and tell me what im doing wrong, or tell me what im forgetting to do. I will inspired to finish more parks once i learn how to do this, so please please help me.

Try attaching the queue to the entrance and the path to the exit before sinking. Be sure the little entrance banner at the queue shows up and that the paths connect.

How can I make a rapids ride track invisible in water? You know, when you see the track underwater.

Please, I'd like to do this thing in my next park.

Thank you.

Build the track at the same elevation number/level as the rapids track, merge the rapids onto this new track so you get the boats and don't have to worry about "instant breakdowns" that changing the vehicle type causes. After the merge, change the track type of what you want to become invisible to "circus show" and this will make it invisible. I did this on one of my parks and worked for me. Be sure not to have any of the diagonal (45 degree) turns on this track as it will cause an error trapper when you make the track invisible.

How can I add a splashdown section on a classic roller coaster, like a kiddie or a bobsleigh coaster?

Please, explain me very quickly because I need a very special roller coaster in one of my parks. Thank you very much!

How can I add a splashdown section on a classic roller coaster, like a kiddie or a bobsleigh coaster?

Please, explain me very quickly because I need a very special roller coaster in one of my parks. Thank you very much!

well, you could make a new custom track section.

I just recently got back into RCT2.

In one of my parks there is a guest named "STRUCTURE" and he just sits in one spot and looks rather wierd.

If i try to move him or delete the path he's on my game gets an error.

anyone know how to fix this?

and also if there is anyway to add what rides you can put in your park after building all the rides in the list already please let me know.

i have a bunch of downloaded rides i would like to add.

^^, Send it to me and let me have a whack at removing MR. STRUCTURE from the park. eMail: deltzroth@woh.rr.com

^ & ^^, Yes, use the ParkDat utility.

Zip is below.

EDIT:there has been a problem reported with the ParkDat download. Please re-download to fix the errors if your copy is causing an error when you try to use it.

To help you find what you want to use in the ParkDat use the DatPreveiw utility.

Zip is below.

Finally, in a forum somewhere (I can't find the site or I would give a link to it) I found this VERY IMPORTANT picture. It shows what all the numbers mean for the ParkDat utility. I suggest you copy and SAVE IT! If you don't you may destroy any park you are working on.

EDIT:found the forum topic on using the PARKDAT & DAT Previewer

link: http://forums.rctspace.com/index.php?showtopic=25813

Anyone know if a wall set has ever been made that matches the walls on the traditional park entrance and ride entrance/exit?

A few weeks ago I ask anyone the question above, well I answered it myself tonight. The answer is YES. The walls were made by a RCT SPACE member who goes by the name of mintliqueur. I contacted him about the walls and he didn't know what happened to them. Well to make a long story short.

I HAD THEM ALL ALONG!

They were being stored in my "RCT trial" folder along with about 13,000 other dat files that I haven't gotten around to checking out yet. They are DATs MWALL1 through MWALL6 and they have a senery tab. Pitures of them are below. Thanks to anyone who might have been trying to find them for me. Be happy to share them with anyone who wants them, just PM me about it.

...have never been able to get the entrance and exit sinking right.

Found this information for you about sinking entrance and exits. There are two links at the bottom of the page that talk about getting peeps on the rides that have the entrance and exit hidden.

http://rcttutorials.bizhat.com/hack6.htm

Now to the question I have for everyone. I am wondering if anyone has ever found a Scenery Tab for AE's Pirates of the Caribbean items. I have been trying to make one for over a week now using the DatMaker utility and am having NO LUCK figuring it out. If someone know of one already done please link me to it or if you know how to use the DatMaker could you please make the Tab for me.

Thanks in advance, DMAXSBA

MWALL1-6.JPG.7ea2e90b1526f98427e4d1a15d9f0240.JPG

MWALL1-6

131003751_PRKDATAG(DONOTDELETE).jpg.de105f1cacf6f2295a27e86cd589bac3.jpg

ParkDat Numbers to play by.

RCT2DatPreview.zip

DATPreveiw

parkdat16_135.zip

ParkDat...This is an updated file, some people have be getting errors tying to use ParkDAT. These "new" dll's and settings file should take care of the problem.

I hope it is ok to post this here since I didn't see a RCT 1 thread.

For the Urban Park scenario in Corkscrew Follies, you have the ability to buy land, but how do you get visitors to that land? When I try to build a path away from the small area you start the scenario with, it tells me the land isn't owned by the park including the town area with no way to connect the areas.

^ In that scenario you must first purchase the rights to build over and under the streets that go between the houses to reach the land that is available to buy. To build on ''Construction Rights" land you must be at least 2 clicks below or above the ground.

Remember if you chose to go above the ground that trees or other objects may be in your way and since you DO NOT own the land you can not remove them. I suggest you keep the paths under ground and use transport rides like Chair-Lifts above the ground.

Also remember that if you do use transport rides to connect the areas you still need paths. The peeps are dumb in RCT2 and even dumber in RCT. They do not know how to use a transport ride for what it is suppose to be. To them it is just a "ride" and will get stuck in area if there is no path to walk out of it on.

There is no way to hack the number or length of trains in RCT2, no one has ever came out with a patch to allow the that function to work on either 8cars or SOB trainers. Wish someone with knowledge of that kind of thing would though.

There is also no way to change the number or size of trains on any ride without closing it and the game must remain unpaused when the change is made. So let the mosh pit begin, the little fellas will get over it soon enough.

You could also just let it go with one train, once the ride become older the line will drop and the problem will fix it's self.

^ In that scenario you must first purchase the rights to build over and under the streets that go between the houses to reach the land that is available to buy. To build on ''Construction Rights" land you must be at least 2 clicks below or above the ground.

Remember if you chose to go above the ground that trees or other objects may be in your way and since you DO NOT own the land you can not remove them. I suggest you keep the paths under ground and use transport rides like Chair-Lifts above the ground.

Also remember that if you do use transport rides to connect the areas you still need paths. The peeps are dumb in RCT2 and even dumber in RCT. They do not know how to use a transport ride for what it is suppose to be. To them it is just a "ride" and will get stuck in area if there is no path to walk out of it on.

Thanks, I didn't know about Construction Rights and it works now.

I am wondering how to make the train for my ride, appear on the transfer track.

I have seen the train appear on a transfer track before but it was in the station track piece.

I want the train to appear on the brakes.

THANKS!

Start with a station underground and build backwards up and above ground until you get the strip of track you want the train to be on. You can put the brakes on here. Use 8Cars and change the operating mode to "freefall drop mode", test the ride, and close it once the train comes to the end of the track where you want it to be. Color any track in front of the train you don't want to see connected to the transfer and sink that with 8Cars.

You can put anything in the game you want. You need Doctor J's object editor (if you don't already have it). Copy any BMP image on to it (depending on the object you many need to copy it 2/4 times one for each view), name your object and hit save.

However, I wouldn't recommend being so simple about it. If you want it to look good you need to really spend some time getting all the angles right and getting it lined up. It can be very frustrating.

It may be simpler to take an object that already exists (like a plain wall) copy it to your paint program and add the graphics you want. Export it back to the editor change it's name and description and save it.

RCT2objectEditor123.zip

Object Editor