TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

• 5 weeks later...

I'm having an issue I've never had before.

I have a park, I haven't made any real changes lately with trainers / new rides or anything and a few seconds in I ALWAYS get an error trapper. I'm running RCT2 on Windows 7 the same way I have been for years. Lately I'm getting more and more error trappers in all of my parks but in this particular situation it's happening at exactly the same time every time I load the file.

In this case I don't really care, it's just a saved game in my Sunset Valley park... I'm just playing around, not adding anything. But I want to figure out why it's happening so that it doesn't happen when I'm building a park that I'll end up having to delete because it gets to a certain point and always shows an error trapper.

Any help would be much appreciated.

This may sound like a dumb question, but...

How in the world do I install custom scenery for RCT2?

You can download it through many areas of the Internet and you save it under the ObjData folder in your RCT2 program file.

(An easy way to get custom scenery is to download a good amount of parks on New Element.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someone please explain how I install parks for RCT2 that I've downloaded from the game exchange? When I download them they're either in a .zip file, which when I expand becomes a .cpgz file or it says it's an .SV6 file in the download but when I download it the file type is missing and it doesn't do a thing. Please Help?

EDIT:I figured out that the ones that download with just the .SV6 missing if I add it then the park will open.

• 2 weeks later...

My mechanics don´t fix a roller coaster, they fix everything else except for that roller coaster. I set a patrol area to a mechanic for that ride but it just won´t fix it. It´s not something to do with the patrol area as it has been fixed by the mechanic several times before. I have also tried to put other mechanics around the area to see if they could fix it. I have fired all the mechanics and hired new ones, I ve also seen that 8 cars per trainer has an option to fix all rides but I think is not yet implemented. I can´t even demolish the rollercoaster and build it again so that is why I am asking for your help.

This has probably been asked before, but when creating a scenario and trying to advance past the building on the park land, I always get the message saying "the path to the map edge is too complex/incomplete" as a result of trying to create entrance plazas. I basically have to scale everything down to bare bones (single wide, single path) and a lot of work goes to waste. Is there a guideline as to how to get around this/play by the rules and still create a satisfactory entrance plaza (at least paths that are 2+ blocks wide)? (I know "owning all land" once you have started building the park royally screws up pre-built paths outside the park, so it's not a viable option after starting building. Or is it...)

Just use walls or fences on either side of the main path leading to/from your entrance (make sure the wall pieces are NOT on the property piece that has the path that will be unownable once you save the scenario) to separate it from the rest of your entrance plaza in the scenario editor, and then once you play the scenario delete those wall pieces. Or if you're using grey tarmac (I use someones full tile Disney grey path), use the grey roof piece as the rest of the plaza paving.

If you notice in the scenarios that come with the game, though the entrance areas to some parks look very complex, the path that the peeps actually take into the park is usually only one tile wide and follows a distinct path to the entrance. I guess it goes back to the RCT1 AI with the peeps being unable to handle the sheer amount of path choices they are given.

• 2 weeks later...

The name of the wingrider custom train is Parkitect => Sky Rider. It includes 3 types of track - 1) LIM launch Premier track like Flight Of Fear, 2)B&M track to build their coasters with inversions, and 3)Intamin triangular track to build rides like Skyrush. I would imagine it's pretty easy to find online.

• 2 months later...

I'm looking at doing an SFA recreation in RCT2, but after I made the scenario and began the entrance plaza, my park was shut down due to a rating below 700. After looking back in the scenario editor I couldn't find anything to remove that restriction. Am I missing something, or is there a better way to do this? Once I get a good start on it, I may start a new thread to show updates and ask for suggestions. Thanks!

If you're creating your own park in the scenario editor, all you have to do is set a ridiculously low goal in the final step before saving your landscape to a scenario - something like 1000 guests by year 10 or achieve a park value of $1000 by October year 25.

I'll try that, because its a recreation I'm obviously not looking to reach the goal as you said. I had set it pretty easy, but it still shut down my park after about 20 minutes of gameplay. I don't want to open it to peeps until a good chunk is complete to "peep test," so I 'll see how it goes.

Edit: It worked! Thanks guys. Once I get a good chunk of the entrance plaza and Main Street done, I may start a new thread to get some feedback.

So I've dug on the RCT2 again, and am having some resolution issues with my new computer/monitor.

I've got a new 27" monitor... when I play RCT2, everything is squished down a bit. It's like it has stretched everything horizontally. It's not drastic, just kind of annoying. I've tried every resolution setting in the "Options" menu of RCT2, and they all seem like that. Can I fix this? (This is probably going to be elementary to some folks, so thanks in advance.)

In your monitor's image controls, try changing the horizontal position and clock (the horizontal stretch.) You might have to mess with it for a bit, and you might have black borders on the left and right of the screen. Having the display resolution at the 1152 by 720 option is the one I feel looks the most natural on my monitor.