TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

Noob Warning!!!!

I was wondering how to find screenshots I have taken in game. The screenshot button up the top says it's saved as something like SCR1.bmp but I can't locate anything. I tried searching through application data but nothing came up for rollercoaster tycoon 2 Please help! Couldn't find a folder for RCT or RCT3 either :/

If you have a newer pc, open your infogrames RCT2 gamefile folder. Look in the window near the top for the category columns. Your screenshots will be under "compatibility files."

My PC is around 5 years old and I couldn't find a folder called that. :/

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I probably already know the answer to this but I might as well ask anyway. I had my RCT2 disk for the longest time until it broke a couple years ago, so I purchased and downloaded it off of GameStop.com, if I remember correctly, and it worked fine. I haven't used it in at least a year now but decided to play it again today, but I got this message:

sadness.jpg.17f1ae6c1060e20fb368fdf37dd62e6d.jpg

I clicked the "Already paid" option and it said I didn't have an internet connection when I clearly do. Apparently the service that GameStop used when I bought the game is completely out of business which I guess means that I lost my copy of the game without any refund. Is anyone familiar with "ActiveMark" or have a solution in any way? Again I already assume the answer is no but I figured I'd ask anyway. Thanks in advance.

It appears to me that you got scammed by someone selling a demo copy of the game to GameStop. I don't think there's anything you can do about the time limit unless you're a hacker besides uninstall and reinstall the game. But that means you lose all your progress on scenarios.

So I'm trying to play this game on my new Windows 8 gaming PC. The issue is when I set the resolution to 1280x720 to fit the 16:9 aspect ratio of my 1080p monitor, it gets black bars on the top and bottom. Only 4:3 resolutions fill the screen completely. Any ideas?

Is there a trainer that allows you change land ownership of a saved game? I was fooling around with some trainers and it screwed up the path to the entrance (some owned/not owned) and inverting the ownership won't do it either. So now, guests can't leave nor can they enter the park. I already put many hours into it so I'd rather not start from scratch..

Thank you

Similar to above, I was playing the default SFMM scenario, and wanted to update it by building the missing rides (it was easier to just start with the default scenario).

Using 8 car, I used "own all land" so as to make enough room for me to build rides. Eventually, I restored the border fence, but it did not appear in the normal spot, and is now blocking the entrance to the park. If I remove the border fence again, it disappears, but the guests trying to enter the park will not walk past where the fence was (right in front of the entrance gate), so nobody can enter the park. Guests already in the park can leave, however.

Inverting the land ownership created all sorts of glitches. I tried moving the guest entry point to inside the land that I owned, but instead of walking into the park, the guests stack up on the square that I selected as the entry point and cannot move.

Not sure what else to do other than start over, which would be unfortunate. Thanks for any help.

So I actually figured mine out from the post above, I turned money off and then opened the park via 8 cars. For some reason, this prevented the guests from being able to enter the park. Once I turned money back on, then closed and opened the park via the in game menu, the guests were once again able to enter.

My new question - is there a way to get different coaster types into saved game scenarios that otherwise aren't available? Looking to get flying/floorless coasters into the SFMM. Thanks for any help.

^^eltoro28, have you heard of the ParkDat and DatChecker utilities? You should be able to find them for download on quite a few rct2 fan sites, maybe even here. The DatChecker engine shows you all your rides, shops, and scenery pieces in your rct2 folder and where they came from (original rct2, one of the 2 expansions, or custom) and images of the .dat file so you can match the item with the name when using the ParkDat utility to insert files into the blank spaces of a saved game. You must have space available in the category you want to add to, or else you must replace an item you won't use with the new item. Once you've done this a couple times it's pretty easy to add and delete rides and scenery items from saved games.

Ok, im trying to use 8 cars per trainer to increase the speed if the hill lift to make a launch coaster but everytime I click apply and go back into the game and i dosent work also the train tab is gone on the ride window, when i click on it the game closes with the error "Integer overflow" Any solutions?

That sucks. Sorry, I forgot to include in my reply yesterday that when you click the de-own border land in 8-cars it de-owns the entry path also, so that should have fixed it for you. I recall I have had similar problems, and I just messed with the own all land, de-own border land, and invert land ownership buttons a few times on one saved game I screwed up and eventually I got it to go back to normal. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

^They are on the RCT2 folder on your computer's hard drive. If you have Windows, click "Compatibility Files" when you enter the folder. Also, you probably would need to resize the photos before uploading them onto TPR.