TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

Hi, I wonder it theres cheat for unlimited money? I don't know how to use 8cars

There are no "IN GAME" money cheats.

However, you can easily generate LOTS of money in an open park simply by raising prices on food and drink sales. I set all food with at 2.00 profit per item, all drinks 1.50 profit per item, all junk food 1.00 profit per item. Not just limited to food either, make all souvenirs have a 2.00 profit per item including "on ride photos". The only exception being balloons, keep that one low or nobody will buy any. This simple act will generate more money than you can spend in an average size park and your guests will remain happy. Not thrilled, but happy.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, i created a scenario on the scenario editor, but forgot to set the initial happiness to 99%, and the park is alredy half build, i cant change it with RCT2 Save Game Modifier, is it possible to change it?

i really need this guys, please help me!

thanks in advance

To answer your question - no, you can't change it as you need to be in the Landscape Editor to do so.

You'll just have to work for it.

Edited by A.J.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a few questions for the NCSO'ers here. I've recently gotten back into rct2 and want to develop as a park designer. I used to be all about rides and nothing visually pleasing. I'm beyond jealous of some of the work I've seen roll through here, and can only dream to achieve some of those levels of detail. I've seen Mastersax's tutorial on how to foliage (which helped tremendously), and a few on the basics of structure building, and with a few hours of gameplay I'm starting to get the hang of those. I've done all the searches I can think of and still have a few questions.

- First, How important/useful is using a trainer(s)? I see 8cars and SOB are used a lot and I like what they're able to do, but not having easy internet access makes it hard to get those.

- Second, Landscaping is a rough one for me still. Is it easier to shape the land in the scenerio editor or to go through the tedious process of shaping it cell by cell? Obviously something specific to a ride like a rapids is cell by cell, but the overall shape of the map is what I'm after.

- Lastly, is it a crazy thought to do a portion in the scenerio editor then go through add some rides, convert the saved game to a scenerio, and back into the scenerio editor to shape and build some more, etc?

Thanks in advance for any pointers

Harper, the biggest thing 8cars is used for is to get around the clearance limitations in the game when constructing more realistic looking parks and scenery. By landscaping, are you talking about teraforming? Planning a hillside, lakeside, riverside, forest etc scenario can and should be done in the scenario editor, but once gameplay begins the tedium of landscaping during actual time is essential. That's another thing the 8cars trainer is used for frequently I'm sure. Published parks take hour upon hours to complete, and resetting the date from year 500 something to March 1st year 1 is done often prior to public display. If you ever notice a published park's announcement history, some designers forget to erase this before release, and you can see the last few trainer moves. It is impossible to construct an actual park including shops and rides, save, and then edit in the scenario editor. Only scenery is saved from a saved game in the scenario editor. If you are okay with that, I guess you can do what your third question is asking, but if trainers were used to hack scenery objects where the game's peramaters don't allow, you will have to do these things again once you are back in gameplay. And the excitement, intensity, and nausea factor of rides rebuilt around existing scenery once redesigned in the resumed gameplay for some reason are WAY off what they were originally often. Usually the excitement level goes down and intensity and nausea go up. Sometimes you get lucky and the values are similar to the original ride, but it's REALLY annoying when the excitement drops substantially and the intensity skyrockets, because you know fewer peeps will ride that particular ride now.

I hope that answers a little. I'm sure veteran designers can give you specific tips.

I'm having the same problem deathbydinn is having. Can someons please help me with that, too? I'm running a Windows 7 computer on RCT2 and its not connected to Sob or 8cars correctly.

Aww come on! On Windows 7, RCT2 tried to function but the loading screen kept doing short loads repeatedly and never loaded. When I took the disk out, it stopped with a large area of grass and a message saying "File Contains Invalid Data". And when I open up either SOB or 8cars it just says "RCT2 is not running or cannot be detected". I'm stuck . Can someone PLEASE help me with how to get RCT2 successfully configured with a Windows 7 computer so that the trainers can detect the game and actually work?

P.S. I am going to need this immediately so I can get my real-world parks snapped together.

Im on W7 and the game works fine. Should atleast. I dont have any problem from gameplay, its 8cars that is the issue. I have found that only about half of 8cars actually works and I cant get the rest to work even though I was using it on an older platform. I would suggest you uninstall and then reinstall the game. It that doesnt work you either have a bad disc or something is wrong with the program. Sorry, I cant help anymore than that.

Im on W7 and the game works fine. Should atleast. I dont have any problem from gameplay, its 8cars that is the issue. I have found that only about half of 8cars actually works and I cant get the rest to work even though I was using it on an older platform. I would suggest you uninstall and then reinstall the game. It that doesnt work you either have a bad disc or something is wrong with the program. Sorry, I cant help anymore than that.

Well, what's the configuration of ^ Rct2 game?

I don't understand.

If you have a bad disc, you have a bad disc. There's nothing you can do about it, go buy another one.

Also, don't expect "immediate" responses just so you can throw a park together and show us. The game takes precious time to learn how to play properly. It's not as simple as RCT3 where you can just adjust all the parameters of your park on the fly. You have to actually plan what you're doing, and once you're done in the landscape editor you're stuck with whatever you have given yourself.

When I try to load or save scenarios, tracks, landscapes, etc., the game ignores the action and proceeds to what it was doing, Is there something wrong that's keeping me from loading or saving? I need help ASAP!

EDIT-- the configuration I am using is Windows 95 and the game is installed on a Windows 7 PC.

• 2 months later...

Question for y'all ParkDat-er's, I cant seem to get mine to work.

I chose the correct .sv6, chose the correct data file (space rings) and chose the correct slot (an empty "R" for ride slot), hit add, then saved. And it doesnt add the ride to my park. Any clue as to what I'm doing wrong?

And, does RCT need to be running for it to work? I dont believe I was running the game when I tried to use ParkDat.

Question for y'all ParkDat-er's, I cant seem to get mine to work.

I chose the correct .sv6, chose the correct data file (space ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings) and chose the correct slot (an empty "R" for ride slot), hit add, then saved. And it doesnt add the ride to my park. Any clue as to what I'm doing wrong?

And, does RCT need to be running for it to work? I dont believe I was running the game when I tried to use ParkDat.

If anything, RCT2 should NOT be running when you use ParkDat.

I would guess that you would have to go in and research the ride for it to be available. Did you check the Research/Development window?

Edited by A.J.

• 1 month later...

Anthonest, those are either custom made tables that the person who created that scene downloaded completely assembled as a custom scenery piece, or else she/he had the small scenery pieces of the post, the umbrella looking thing, and the two sizes of blocks and saw how they could be assembled to look like a table with an umbrella. I know the fake bench is a custom scenery piece also. Do you have that scenario/saved game on your computer, or is that a screenshot you saw somewhere? All the things needed to create your own scenery are available for download online through rct2 fan share sites like new element designs. You just have to be careful not to download too much or your scenery tabs, especially the small scenery one, will lock up in the scenario creator mode.

I made those by combining different objects. I separated the path using fences and placed benches on each one so they all faced inwards. Then I used zero clearance to add the objects. I used corner crown moulding pieces for the table, corner balcony pieces for the pole and round awning for the umbrella top. You can find all of these pieces in my workbench which I will place in the game exchange now.