TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

What action are you trying to complete? Try using version 1.302:

[attachment=0]8Cars Trainer 1.302.zip[/attachment]

Still getting the same thing. Right now I'm just trying to add money to start a park, but I tried to do a few other things and nothing would work.

I opened up my new bench and I was going to try to remove some path, but when I did I got a message: "Can't remove this, land not owned by park" It was the same thing anywhere on the path or the boardwalk, I can't remove or build anything because it says I don't own that land. It's ONLY on the boardwalk, everywhere else on the map is fine. What do I do?

(I'm sure this has been asked too many times, so sorry in advance if it bugs anyone) Can you raise the speed of a block brake with the 8 cars per trainer or any other hack?

While the above poster is correct, the speed a block slows the train to is dependent on the speed at which the train hits the block. If it happens to be going...28 or above if I remember correctly, the block only trims the speed down to 16 mph, as opposed to the agonizingly slow 4 mph you'll usually get.

(I'm sure this has been asked too many times, so sorry in advance if it bugs anyone) Can you raise the speed of a block brake with the 8 cars per trainer or any other hack?

While the above poster is correct, the speed a block slows the train to is dependent on the speed at which the train hits the block. If it happens to be going...28 or above if I remember correctly, the block only trims the speed down to 16 mph, as opposed to the agonizingly slow 4 mph you'll usually get.

But will it stop the train in the event of 2 trains entering the same block? I guess that's not too hard to find out for myself...

But will it stop the train in the event of 2 trains entering the same block? I guess that's not too hard to find out for myself...

Usually should. I've had a Giga running continuously for 60 in-game years with a 16mph midcourse block and it's never crashed.

8cars is great... If W7 isn't involved. If so. Good luck. Lol.

Also, anyone know how to fix this glitch? Its where someone (I have a terrible memory) made huts invisible on a scrambler but I deleted it for a tilt n hurl. Now I can't build anything where the huts are? Even with zero clearance on. It says "Object in way". Any know fix for that?

Also Also, looking for someone to unsink and sink some huts for me.

One last thing, is there a way to have the clear queue path over a regular path? When i zero clearne the clear path replaces the other... Any hints or tricks? That's, Joel.

Also, anyone know how to fix this glitch? Its where someone (I have a terrible memory) made huts invisible on a scrambler but I deleted it for a tilt n hurl. Now I can't build anything where the huts are? Even with zero clearance on. It says "Object in way". Any know fix for that?

Color that tile's land with something you haven't used anywhere else in the park, go to 8cars >> Map Object Manipulation and select "Remove" and "[that land type]" and whatever things you want to remove. That'll get rid of the object you made invisible with the original hack, and you'll be set.

One last thing, is there a way to have the clear queue path over a regular path? When i zero clearne the clear path replaces the other... Any hints or tricks?

You'll need to put down the path objects, then place the invisible path over it. There's no way to have two paths occupying the same tile at the same height, only a way to make the appearance that you're using one type of path when you're actually using the invisible one.

8cars is great... If W7 isn't involved. If so. Good luck. Lol.

1.32 works fine on my Windows 7 Professional. I don't know what you're on about.

^^ Thanks. Ill try that.

^ I can't get merging to work and MOM only works half the time. The own all land doesnzt always work and the open and close park works intermittenly and I can't make anything invisible (huts and all). And I've done all that before I moved to W7. Everything else works fine. Ask Coupon, I've had all kinds of issues. Lol. I ask him to do a lot. Lol.

• 2 weeks later...

^I'm not really sure how, but all my games scenarios were reset as if I never did them yet I still have the saved games. I don't think I did anything special to reset them. They just reset automatically. Sorry if that doesn't help.

Is there an option in 8-cars to increase/decrease land height just like the -1 unit shovel tool in the scenario editor?

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of help needed here. I have a park I'm making, started landscaping and adding a carpark ect in the scenario editor outside of the boundary. I got impatient, started building all the rides before I had completed the exterior. Now, I want to add tree's and so forth outside of the boundary...

Using the Son of Beast trainer I managed to "own all land" which works fine, except that the guests can no longer get into the park.. they walk towards the entrance and at some random point cant go any further... I'm assuming this is a glitch with the trainer and theres no way around this... ?

Does anyone know of any other way I can own all land? I seem to remember reading in this thread something about reversing the boundaries...

EDIT: got it sorted - i used 8cars to invert the land ownership. ...only reason i didnt do this initially was because i couldnt get it to work!

Edited by A.J.

There really isn't a Star Flyer custom ride for RCT2, because of the game's limitations. Theoretically, you could do it with the Observation Tower by making a custom car for it, but I'm pretty sure it's realistically impossible.

There have been some parks that make great fake Star Flyers using scenery and track. The park Six Flags Washington, made from one of our members in RCT2, has a pretty good one.

Edited by A.J.