TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

Just started using the 8 cars per trainer last week, and trying to increase lift speed on a side-friction coaster. How do I do it? I've tried different combinations of checking stuff in the trainer... little lost. Any help would be great, I've tried to look in previous posts but not getting far.

If you are just increasing the lift hill speed and not toggle chaining then just go to the "rides" tab in 8cars. Find your ride and at the bottom there should be a place that has chain, launch, etc down there. Just redo the number in the box next to chain and hit "apply". That should change the lift speed. I do this for all my launched coasters. Hope this helps, Joel.

If you are just increasing the lift hill speed and not toggle chaining

I'm not sure what this means ('not toggle chaining')

then just go to the "rides" tab in 8cars. Find your ride and at the bottom there should be a place that has chain, launch, etc down there. Just redo the number in the box next to chain and hit "apply". That should change the lift speed. I do this for all my launched coasters. Hope this helps, Joel.

Sounds easy enough... But it's unfortunately not working for me. I was reading in another thread that you have to give the track and alternative paint scheme, etc., so I was trying that as well.

I also read you have to open the trainer before you start RCT. Is that true?

Does the ride window have to be open?

Can the game be paused?

I have a side friction coaster I want to make into an Auto-Ride (like the one at Kennywood) and want the cars to go about 8 or 12 mph instead of just 4. 4mph out the station that goes down slowly... or if I put chain lifts all over (level) I can keep the speed to 4mph. No one wants to go that slow on an auto ride.

I'm now getting messages that "restroom 4 is still not fixed," etc.... that won't go away.. and then the game wants to shut down with an error message...

I'm not sure what this means ('not toggle chaining')

Using the Toggle Chain command, you can make any segment think it has a chain lift.

I also read you have to open the trainer before you start RCT. Is that true?

It's worked either way for me, usually I start the game first.

I'm now getting messages that "restroom 4 is still not fixed," etc.... that won't go away.. and then the game wants to shut down with an error message...

The RCT2 Reliable patch should keep hacked saved games stable.

I'm still getting restrooms and kiosks that have not been fixed yet, followed by an error shutdown.

Do I run the patch once or one time for each game?

I'm really lost here... can't get the speed/lift speed right for this thing.

Now my main priority is to get my new *big park* scenario un-bugged. Any other fixes anyone knows of? I gotta learn to back stuff up year by year if it's important...

I've put a lot of work into this park... must learn another difficult lesson

Edited by A.J.

Click the Compatibility Files button and your screens should pop up. This can also be used to find CS objects or saved games in their respective folders. You'll have to do this every time you go into that folder to find pics, but there is a way around it (albeit a very complicated way and I have no idea how it works, but there's a tutorial on NE).

Remember that Zero Clearances only removes collision detection from stuff that's already built.

For example, if you use Zero Clearances and try building a track through a tree that's already on the map, it will work. However, if you're still in zero clearance mode and you try to place a tree on a square occupied by the track you just built, it won't work. You have to restore the clearances and then zero them again, thereby removing the collision detection from the track you just built.

I have 8cars 1.32, 1.31 and 1.21 and for some reason now whenever I try to use them it just says no process and won't let me down anything. They were working fine a few days ago, so I must've changed something in the game settings that made them stop working. Any ideas?

Remember that Zero Clearances only removes collision detection from stuff that's already built.

For example, if you use Zero Clearances and try building a track through a tree that's already on the map, it will work. However, if you're still in zero clearance mode and you try to place a tree on a square occupied by the track you just built, it won't work. You have to restore the clearances and then zero them again, thereby removing the collision detection from the track you just built.

Ahh... I did not even think about that. You saved me a lot of trouble with my project. I'm sorry for asking all these n00b questions, I've never used 8cars before and never played the game on this computer. But then again, the only stupid question is the one never asked. I think most of my questions are answered, thanks guys.

It's not a noob question. Zero clearance-ing is dangerous business, so you need to make sure you know how to do it properly.

White glitches are really nasty things. You have to re-place the object (in the same oreintation) on the white glitch, hold shift to hover above it and then right-click the white glitch to delete it. You will have to right-click multiple times until it goes away.

Just a little info, white glitches almost always happen with large scenery objects so be careful when using them with zero-clearance on. Also, the method described above to get rid of them might not always work.

You don't have to do the method that Xtreme97 described. You can also just restore clearances, place the same object there in the same orientation, and right click until it leaves. Easiest and most fail-proof way in my opinion.

AJ, 8-Cars isn't dangerous if you know what you are doing.

8-Cars isn't dangerous if you know what you are doing.

The thing is this is my first time EVER using 8cars, so I really don't know what I'm doing. I'm being extra careful, saving before I do anything with 8cars and saving after I finish, so hopefully I can avoid this kind of stuff.