TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

^His site is back up. It probably was just a server error or something like that.

Yeah..I did a search & got most of the old stuff back.

I'm curious about the converted WW rides I saw on the one link....can you use them if you're only running RCT2/TT or do you need the WW EP?

• 4 weeks later...

^

Well basically, i sink the entrances with SoB (Which sometimes don't always work) and then i cant seem to get the paths to actually work as queue lines? they don't actually go on the ride and i don't know how to fix this? I've looked at parks on NE and seen sometimes there is No Entrance at all, but peeps still get on and off? I'm just confused as there haven't been many up to date tutorials on how to do this sort of stuff and and the one I follow doesn't always work :/

If you want to sink huts with SoB, you need the path to connect to the hut. If that's the problem, easy fix, but if you want the path to go to the ride station to make it look more realistic you can make huts invisible using a different method with 8cars. I've sent you a PM about it.

• 2 weeks later...

10ryansmith: You don't need to merge. Just build the upward track, then delete the flat to sloped transition piece (and the one before it), build backwards from the sloped track, zero clearance and re-build the flat to sloped piece. If this doesn't work, PM me and i'll give it a try

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just switched from RCT3 to Rct2 and I have a few questions. I'm sure the answers are somewhere in this thread but I already spent long enough looking, haha.

When you download a RCT2 park, can you somehow get the custom scenery that came with the park always in the tabs? When I go to the park I downloaded, it's there but not in any other parks I make.

Also, when you first start a park should you make your own scenario? And when you do, is there a way to get all the rides and such or do you just have to choose?

Thanks, I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future. This game is actually much different than the RCT3 version.

Since there is no "Sandbox" mode in RCT2, all parks you make are restricted to what can be made available in a scenario. Subsequently, you have to make a custom scenario.

In order to make the park you exactly want, you have to go into the scenario editor and select exactly the stuff you want as well as create a landscape for your park.

There's a set number of each type of object that can be made available in a scenario. Each category has its own maximum total - rides/shops, small scenery, large scenery, path objects, banners, scenery tabs, park entrances, and water colors. You can see all the individual categories by clicking the "Advanced" button.

When you select a scenery tab, all objects in that group are automatically selected, until you reach the maximum in a category. In that case, you have the tab but not all the objects within it. Unfortunately, the reverse is not true - selecting scenery objects individually will put them in a "?" tab.

As long as you select the scenery tab FIRST, it will always appear in the scenery window when you place scenery.

After you're done, setting an objective such as "build ten roller coasters" will ensure that you will never fail your objective.

Edited by A.J.

OK, thanks!

And when you download a park with custom scenery, how do you get that custom scenery into another park you are making? Or can you not add anymore custom scenery since you already selected too many for that category? Sorry if it sounds confusing, just trying to figure this all out. I would really like to put custom supports on my coasters.

If a park already exists as a saved game, it's stuck with the objects it has. Fortunately, you can do one of two things to get the objects you want.

You can open a saved game in the scenario editor and adjust what objects are in it. However, doing this will erase all rides and shops in your park; but since the scenario editor only saves landscapes and scenario files, you will still have the saved game in its original state. You can then save the scenario and continue working on your park.

The second thing you can do is to use the external utility known as ParkDAT and replace DAT files. However, that's kind of advanced and requires you knowing exactly what in-game names match to which file names.