TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

Is it possible for me to insert a new a ride type into a custom game scenario after it has already been made?

I have the same question, so can someone answer for the sake of 2 people.

Park DAT will let you replace dat files. It's nice because it shows you what items you are already using in game and all the free slots you have.

I went into my program files and tried to find my park save data, but its not there even though it shows up in game, are the DAT files somewhere else, where are they?

Is it possible for me to insert a new a ride type into a custom game scenario after it has already been made?

Park DAT will let you replace dat files. It's nice because it shows you what items you are already using in game and all the free slots you have.

I went into my program files and tried to find my park save data, but its not there even though it shows up in game, are the DAT files somewhere else, where are they?

Are you running Vista? If so, click the "compatibility files" button, and all your files should be there.

^The game can only hold so many files, or at least veiwable items. They are still there, however. The obvious advice would be to delete let go of some small scenery pieces you will never use.

You would need DAT checker in order to see that the files you delete are not vanilla based dat files.

Hope this helps, and explains the issue.

I am restarting a park I've been trying to get done for a while, and one of the things I've been trying so hard to do is make the layout 100% peep friendly - meaning that at no time when someone is playing the park that a cluster of peeps will get stuck on the paths. Unfortunately, that means I am severely limited in how I lay out the paths. It has to be done in such a way that as peeps want to either get to the park exit, or anywhere else in the park, that there has to be a direct way of getting there or they will get stuck. I tried to illustrate what I mean below: (the // means pathing)

.........../////////////////////////////////////......../////////Location of peeps

...........///......................................///........///.......................

Park exit///.......Peeps get stuck>>////////////....................

I've downloaded many parks in my time. None of the ones I've seen are 100% peep friendly. So what I wanted to know is: as someone who would download my park to play it, how important is it to you that the layout be completely peep friendly so you'd rarely (or never) encounter a part of the park where peeps get stuck, and thus be forced to fix it? Or do you not really care at all (which allows the park maker use pretty much any layout as they see fit)?

Edited by mcjaco

I've had this issue before as well. I usually fix this issue by building a network of paths underground, covering up the where the path goes under the ground and pops out of the ground with buildings and such. This usually helps me with the peep issue.

As for the other question, I find it somewhat annoying when I get a park that has a peep issue but I don't fix them at all. It's not really that important to me. I would be more concerned about a funky or horrid layout than I would a peep issue. I would tell the park maker that there is a peep issue and give them the same advice as above.

Hope this help a little.

I always build huge Peep Friendly parks (Like Sunset Valley which I'm building right now ) and 10ryansmith nailed it. Without underground paths I don't know what I'd do...

When you see a bottleneck click on the guests and see where they're going, then build an underground path (usually from within a building so you can't see it) to that location. Every park I make has a ton of these paths, it's unavoidable.

After I'm done with this post, I'll be moving it into the RCT II help thread...

1.) Plan plan and plan. If you throw your rides up willy-nilly and end up with dead ends, you're going to have trapped peeps.

2.) There is no need to build underground paths. If you think your park correctly, and use the Funnel method, you won't ever have to worry about lost peeps- ever. THe funnel method is this: Build out your park however you want, then look at the pathways. If your peeps from the most distant part of your park cannot 'funnel' to the front without a dead end area, you need to redesign it. It's that simple. No tricks are needed, no hidden anything, no special gimmicks. You can build a very realistic park (should you choose to!) with plenty of plazas, alleyways, etc- so long as you don't make dead ends.

3.) Your peeps always (ALWAYS!) will want to find the exit: Let's say your park is doing fine, eventually your peeps will want to leave. Remember to make sure they can find the exit anyplace in the park. If you have this:

XX

XX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

E XX

X XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

T XX

XX

XX

XX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

You'll be fine: The spur lines off your main pathways all lead to the front- and you're not burying your guests in tubes underground.

Peeps may not be smart- but they are logical- if you think like they do, you will never again have an issue with lost peeps. Remember: Funnel them towards your exits, and you will never need to do a trick to keep them from being lost.

R.D.

GFMT

8car trainer lets me move the guest entry point to a place in the middle of the map. But when it comes time to leave the peeps exit the park but then are constantly walking back and forth on the path outside the park. It seems that the exit point isn't moved.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

8car trainer lets me move the guest entry point to a place in the middle of the map. But when it comes time to leave the peeps exit the park but then are constantly walking back and forth on the path outside the park. It seems that the exit point isn't moved.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Could you describe it a little more? I've had at least 10 entry problems but I don't understand this one. I could really help you out, I've had so many problems with this...

I just got a new computer for Christmas and it has Windows 7. I installed RCT2 and it works great but when I do screenshots I can't find them to view them. I know they used to be saved under the RCT2 game folder under programs but they aren't there. Can anyone help me in finding my pics? I want to start uploading my games but can't put up my screens with them.

Even if there were custom supports made out of scenery to make those kinds of supports like you have mentioned, you would still have to use the zero clearance function of 8 cars for the overall effect to look nice.

Really, all you have to do is initiate the zero clearance function (absolute) and build impulse track just above the corkscrew elements. Start at the top of the element, so you don't have to build from underground. Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

So I want to download RCT2 onto my new laptop. I have the game disc but do not want to bring it in the laptop with me where I'm going. Can I download the game with the disc and play it later? Or is there a way I can just play without any disc? Yes, I'm pretty bad with computers to be asking this.

EDIT: I really need info on this, guys. I leave in less than 2 days.