TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

sorry for double posting! (for some reason I couldn't edit my other post)

Is there any way to delete the object groups? I have the expansions and it ruins the game when I try choosing from the advanced scenario editor, but I don't want to delete the other RCT2 items. Is there any Objdata editor I can use to get rid of grouped items?

The answer is simple - select your scenery in reverse order -

Step 1 - go into the "Theming" tab and select the scenery groups with objects you're going to use.

Step 2 - deselect the objects you don't want in the small scenery, large scenery, walls, etc tabs.

All of the Wacky Worlds scenery groups have one space before the first letter, and the Time Twister groups have two spaces.

Don't bother removing the expansion pack scenery. Some of it is actually useful, and the expansion pack scenarios are fun to play.

Edited by A.J.

You can't.

The only thing you can build in the scenario editor is scenery. You have to create your landscape first, save it as a scenario, then open your park in the regular build mode.

Edited by A.J.

I am trying to delete some of my custom scenarios, but I cant.

I have RCT2 triple thrill pack (not sure on the specific version)

I have gone into my RCT2 folder, checked the scenarios folder and found all of the pre made scenarios, but have not found my custom ones.

I know that is the correct folder because I moved ALL of the scenarios (in that folder) into a different folder

on my desktop and checked RCT2. All of the scenarios were gone except my custom ones. ALL of the files were gone from the original scenarios folder.

I dragged and dropped the pre made scenarios back into the original scenarios folder, checked RCT2 and all of the scenarios were back in the new game window.

(including my custom ones) I want to access my custom scenarios (in windows, outside of RCT2) and be able to delete some of them!

I dont know what to do! I have looked online for a solution, but nothing has worked! (I searched this thread and found nothing) Someone please help me!

Thanks much appreciated!

All of your custom scenarios are most likely 'hidden' as a safety precaution that was setup on your Windows Vista/Win 7 machine. To see all of the files, you must 'show all files' in that folder/directory before you will see them.

To 'show all files' please consult you Microsoft Help screen on your computer.

R.D.

Games Forum Moderating Team

All of your custom scenarios are most likely 'hidden' as a safety precaution that was setup on your Windows Vista/Win 7 machine. To see all of the files, you must 'show all files' in that folder/directory before you will see them.

To 'show all files' please consult you Microsoft Help screen on your computer.

R.D.

it worked thanks so much!

I was talking about RCT1. Not 2. Whoever merged this, unmerge it.

1.) There wasn't a specific topic listed for RCT I/II/III- and unless it's speficied as such, we will merge it into the appropriate thread.

2.) More importantly- Be more polite with us. End of story.

R.D.

That makes no sense. Whatsoever. This is a RCT2 thread, not a RCT1/RCT2 thread.

If there is a problem, PM myself or one of the other MODs here- that's what we're here for. If there's something we've forgot, we will change it.

It might not make sense, but in the five plus years I've been around TPR, I've yet to see many problems/posts over RCT I- it's just not something we have direct contact with to a degree.

I will ask the other MODS if we need to change the name for it- but in most cases, people who play RCT II have already played RCT I- and therefore (as one of our other members has stated) will be able to help you with your issue.

R.D.

I have the gold edition. The original installs fine, but when I install the 2-in-1 disk, it gives me an error trapper. Help? I cant seem to find the patch that I read about on the Atari forums.

OS is Vista.

Here is the official Loopy Landscapes patch.

It should work. If not, I suggest re-installing.

EDIT - the Gold Edition is considerably older than the Deluxe pack, so it might not work period. But, I'm not sure.

Edited by A.J.

I have the gold edition. The original installs fine, but when I install the 2-in-1 disk, it gives me an error trapper. Help? I cant seem to find the patch that I read about on the Atari forums.

OS is Vista.

Here is the official Loopy Landscapes patch.

It should work. If not, I suggest re-installing.

EDIT - the Gold Edition is considerably older than the Deluxe pack, so it might not work period. But, I'm not sure.

Nope, that didn't work. It said I had an incompatable game or a different version. Thank you for trying to help, though!

Hey guys. In the scenario editor for RCT2, I would finish making the park then I would save it to play the scenario. But when I do play it I don't have trees in my scenery folder. I can put trees into the map on the editor but during play mode I cannot. And there isn't even an icon in the scenery folder for trees. Anyone else encounter this glich or whatever.

I had the glitch on a park before, oddly, it still won't work if you go back into the scenario editor and re-save the park. The only thing you can do is go back into the scenario editor, and put in the CS foliage set.

It's an odd glitch as I didn't even use any hacks on the park, and the problem still happened. So I have no idea how to prevent it.

I've never seen it before- are you using a hacked/trained system?

No, all I have are the expansion packs and custom scenery that I got from downloading other people's parks.

^And yeah it is weird glitch. It seems like I would go back into the editor and reorganized some scenery, then it would be okay. But I would say about 1 out 5 times there won't be trees. And the trees that I put into the map on the editor will still be there when I play the map. I just can't put any in when I'm playing the scenario.

Maybe you should try re-installing your game. There's an option when you uninstall that you can select to keep all of your saved games, etc (not sure about custom content though).

I was playing RCT1 yesterday, doing my best on Dynamite Dunes. I was on year 2 and I had £13,000 and loads of people. I just finished my newest ride which was go-kart track and then i was bugged by this error message. Does anyone else gets that?

I sadly lost my game and had to start over. If i saved it would of been ok; but sadly when it loads up my saved games don't come up.