TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Chaos sits on a piece of land just big enough for a kiddie coaster which is conveniently located next to Planet Snoopy. New for 2010, a kiddie coaster

Are you really excited about the potential for a kiddie coaster? No offense, just wandering.

They already have two, do they really need another? Unless they add a kiddie coaster along with a major coaster in the same year to boost their coaster count.

But Chaos isn't really in a spot that would be included in a larger plan.

It could be used for a queue line, some sort of pathway, or maybe transfer track to a big new ride. The small details shouldn't be ruled out.

Chaos is on the opposite side of the midway from the stadium and DT. (two spots in the area where a large expansion could go).

So if a ride was put in either spot, the Chaos location would not be used for a queue, transfer track, or pathway. Any of that sort of stuff would be on the opposite side of the midway.

The spot Chaos sits on would really only be needed if they were going to build something on that side of the midway. Which would probably seem less likely, unless they do a complete overhaul of the kids area there. (which I guess is possible).

I just don't think removing Chaos would be for construction purposes. I think they would get rid of it just to scrap it, as the spot it sits on is so tiny.

Unless they are going to put a new dip'n'dots stand in. I guess that would fit in Chaos' footprint.

I've been to Cedar Point many times, I'm well aware where Chaos is and how much room is there. Cedar Point has gotten creative in the past. They fit a 300 foot tall coaster by only moving a ferris wheel, and fit a 400 foot coaster where nobody thought they could. I'm just saying it's a possibility and shouldn't instantly be ruled out.

untitled.bmp

Looking at this picture, there's actually a lot more room next to it than one would think.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chaos sits on a piece of land just big enough for a kiddie coaster which is conveniently located next to Planet Snoopy. New for 2010, a kiddie coaster

Are you really excited about the potential for a kiddie coaster? No offense, just wandering.

Sarcasm. If I want kiddie coasters, I'll just go to Kings Island.

So Kemah Boardwalk, Valley Fair, Elitch Gardens, Belmont Park, and Cedar Point still have they're Chaos's. Kemah will keep they're Chaos probably til a Hurricane comes and wipes it away, Valley Fair I'm surprised it still has they're, I think it will be removed in the next few seasons. Elitch Gardens, I think that whole park will be gone in 10 or so Years. Belmont I think will keep they're Chaos. And Cedar Point will probably have it for 5 or so More Seasons I think.

So Kemah Boardwalk, Valley Fair, Elitch Gardens, Belmont Park, and Cedar Point still have they're Chaos's. Kemah will keep they're Chaos probably til a Hurricane comes and wipes it away.

Chaos at Kemah Boardwalk was destroyed by Hurricane Ike. From what I have heard it was a good riddance as it was a maintenance nightmare from the day it was installed. Ironically, it was wiped out by the storm and replaced with a Chance Wipe Out.

-GG

Frankly, I don't know if anybody would actually buy it except for spare parts.

But if so, this is the one to buy.. Cedar Point have taken good care of it.

I'll say it again: That space looks perfect for a Top Spin.

When I was looking around, I found some rides that are going to be sold from Fun Forest in Seattle. Man, that'll suck once that little place is gone....

This is very interesting stuff. I'd like to buy a ride off that website. Probably just an ejection seat, charge $10 per ride (plus $5 for a video, since some have those options) and let it pay for itself.

^I'm almost positive that was sarcasm.

Does anyone else find it strange that HUSS is still promoting it's Giant Top Spin to hold 77 passengers/ride (as well as the insane-running top spin animation) even though The Crypt at KI obviously proved that it couldn't be done...?

Chaos' have a whole slew of problems.. Chance released like 20 bulletins on it already.

• Bolts coming undone on the hub

• Electronic seat mechanisms failing due to flipping

• hydraulic issues

• restraints not locking

• And so many more.

Its too bad, it was such a neat design, 32 riders per wheel, easy open loading, one-click restraint release, and only one trailer... it was meant to be a carnival operators dream.

Wish they could have gone back and reworked it somehow. There are other rides that flip and twirl on several axis' and seem quite reliable... (Power Surge, Top Scan, Spinout)