TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They SHOULD have kept their unique rides like Schwabinchen, Tiki Twirl, Pirate Ride, and Earthquake instead of replacing them with generic rides you see everywhere like Chaos.

And classic rides like the double Ferris wheel! Does any park still have one of those?

Darn, I really hope they don't remove Chaos... I'd be crushed if they got rid of this AND Demon Drop (two of my favorite flats).

Carnage, when I was there last Tuesday/Wednesday, the queue lines stayed full all day. Given its location, I'd say it gets decent ridership.

Is this the last Chaos out there? I was disappointing when Celebration City removed theirs. Between that one and this I've had some pretty good rides on this type of ride. The cages are a little uncomfortable, but it's definitely a unique ride experience and more out of control feeling than most.

^ I would assume nothing.

If they get rid of it, I'm sure it's just a cost cutting measure. The space it's in wouldn't give them space to do anything major with.

At most the space freed up would provide them space for another tiny flat ride.

Could this be the start of many things getting cut in that area? Could the stadium and pirate ship be next to go in order to clear for a bigger ride? I think it would be neat to see a ride skirt the lake right by the side entrance. That might be me wishing and hoping though...

^I enjoy assumptions

^ The stadium/pirate ship, and disaster transport/Troika are probably both possibles of stuff to be moved/removed to fit in a larger expansion.

But Chaos isn't really in a spot that would be included in a larger plan. Unless they would tear out the entire kids area there.

I've only been to CP twice, and both times were short trips. Given the circumstances, I only rushed to the coaster and haven't had much time to ride any of the flats. I'm *hopefully* making a trip there on Labor Day weekend, and I'm hoping to hit up more flats this time around. Provided that I can't make it, I really hope they keep Chaos, as it's one of the flats I've really wanted to ride.

Im surprised that they didn't get rid of this thing years ago. It's been nothing but a headache for them. Stateside, Valleyfair has theirs (both were purchased in 1997) and The Adventuredome has one still. Not sure where else your going to find one.

It's too bad.. the Chaos was a really neat design, shame that Chance couldn't work out the bugs.

Standing ovation to Cedar Fair though, for keeping both this and Demon Drop Running so long when other parks have pulled theirs years ago.

Its too bad they decided to sell Geauga Lake's Wipeout in the auction.. it would have made a better replacement.

Maybe a nice Top Spin will find it's way here next year.

But Chaos isn't really in a spot that would be included in a larger plan.

It could be used for a queue line, some sort of pathway, or maybe transfer track to a big new ride. The small details shouldn't be ruled out.

Chaos is on the opposite side of the midway from the stadium and DT. (two spots in the area where a large expansion could go).

So if a ride was put in either spot, the Chaos location would not be used for a queue, transfer track, or pathway. Any of that sort of stuff would be on the opposite side of the midway.

The spot Chaos sits on would really only be needed if they were going to build something on that side of the midway. Which would probably seem less likely, unless they do a complete overhaul of the kids area there. (which I guess is possible).

I just don't think removing Chaos would be for construction purposes. I think they would get rid of it just to scrap it, as the spot it sits on is so tiny.

Unless they are going to put a new dip'n'dots stand in. I guess that would fit in Chaos' footprint.

Im surprised that they didn't get rid of this thing years ago. It's been nothing but a headache for them. Stateside, Valleyfair has theirs (both were purchased in 1997) and The Adventuredome has one still. Not sure where else your going to find one.

Last time I checked, Belmont Park in San Diego still had theirs, though when I went (last year), I could not believe it was still running in the condition it was in! It added to the thrill! LOL

Elitch Gardens still has a Chaos... I haven't gotten to ride it this year as it wasn't ready either time I visited but it is still there and they seemed to be prepping it.

I would love to know if Elitch Gardens is the only park to go through 2 of the rides... The Six Flags management pulled out the old one and PARC put in a new one. Weird but I love the ride. It is one of my top flat rides.