TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point, June 15th.

It was definetly a great day at the park! The weather was perfect. It was 76 and sunny.

So we get to the park around 10:15 and there was a big crowd at the front entrance which I was not expecting. We went straight to the season pass center to get my pass processed. It took about 5 minutes with a few others in line. We enter the park and are ready to ride. First we hit up Sky Ride and that is a 10 minute wait, so we take that over to ID and WC. We ride ID and didn't feel like waiting for WC so we take the train to Frontier Town. We noticed Maverick was down, so went over to MS. As we are in line we notice a lot of people leaving the line so we ask what was wrong and I guess a train got stuck on the lift. We get out of line and notice Maverick is running so we run straight there. Everyone else did the same thing. We waited for maybe 45 minutes because the line was totally empty since the ride was down and we beat the crowd because we ran over. It sure did get long later. The ride was awesome as usual.

After Maverick we decide to go eat lunch, so we ate at The Roundup next to Maverick. I got a chicken finger basket and a pop and that total came to around $12. It was expensive but it was at least good and we got a good amount of food. Lots of fries and like 4 big chicken strips.

Next up was Thunder Canyon. It was pretty much a walk on. Maybe waited a couple minutes. I of course got totally soaked unlike the others in my boat. After the ride I made a very stupid decision. I bought a towel to dry off for $8 when I should have used the Haystack Dryer for $5 and could have gotten more dry. After we decide to ride CCMR. It was a fun ride. We waited for about 15 minutes. We then head over to Gemini and they were running both sides and we waited about 15 minutes. Then we decided to ride Paddlewheel. It was the same old ride and took a look at the construction. There was pretty much nothing going on.

After that we walk over to DT and waited about a half hour. As we enter the train they make us exit because of some problem. So yes, we waited. Can you believe it? Everyone else left while a few others and us waited like a half hour (don't ask why). We finally got on and it was good. I saw people bought the 3D glasses and I was like those poor people! After DT we rode the Cadillac Cars and then the Bumper Cars. Then we decided to ride ID one more time before we met everyone else at Famous Dave's. Dinner was very good. I love those ribs! Then after dinner we saw the Soopy Ice Show at 6 and then headed over to MF for an excellent ride on that. We waited about an hour. After that all I wanted left to ride was Magnum and TTD, but everyone else was tired and wanted to leave so we skipped those two rides.

I'll be back though to ride those another time, but I did really want to ride both of those great coasters.

Oh and the bugs are SO bad. They just swarm all over you. When we went under the bridge on the Cadillac cars they SWARMED us. It was terrible. They were a huge pain.

Great day other than the bugs and the minor breakdowns!:)

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice TR, and I know what you mean about the bugs. I have never seen anything like that---they were EVERYWHERE on Tuesday and Wednesday.

On Tuesday night, the bugs were so bad in Mantis' station that you couldn't see from one side to the other. I felt sorry for those people in the front row... Frontiertown was covered with them, as well. Maverick broke down around dusk, and the people sitting on the final brake-run were screaming because they were being swarmed with bugs. And we had to cover our faces while riding Mean Streak to avoid eating them or getting hit in the eyes. The whole situation was TERRIBLE.

Are they normally this bad? I don't remember seeing any of them on my trip in June, 2007.

As a local I can say yes the Muffel Heads ARE normally this bad, just not normally this late in the year. Since June has been relatively cooler they have been sticking around longer than normal. I personally hate it cause they get all in your car and on it.

*edit: On a side note the Muffleheads don't have mouths and they are only alive for about 24 hours. They're only purpose is just food for animals and to annoy humans lol.

^That explains why they were all dead...covering my hotel room door in the morning! I can't wait til I go to CP. I still love Gadv though!

^That explains why they were all dead...covering my hotel room door in the morning! I can't wait til I go to CP. I still love Gadv though!

Both parks are pretty great. For me the atmosphere at Cedar Point is what wins it for me. The fact that I can drive my boat to the park is a +.

On a side note the Muffleheads don't have mouths and they are only alive for about 24 hours.

That must be why the midways are completely covered with dead bugs... When they die out, does management give the park a good spray-down? (DT's building sure needs it, as well.)

That must be why the midways are completely covered with dead bugs... When they die out, does management give the park a good spray-down? (DT's building sure needs it, as well.)

Nope, nature takes care of it.

I hope you like spiders....

LOL the bugs, when we stayed at breakers for a week we had no idea why there were screens on the balconies, boy did we find out. Those bugs swarm, you try to breathe you get swarms in your mouth. Quick fix to it though, take a jump in the pool, claurean repels them like bug spray, you don't even feel them anymore.

They had a massive hatching of mayflies (I'm assuming those are the bugs you're talking about) on my second day there about this time last year. The entire park and surrounding area was covered with these. The pool at Sandcastle Suites where we were staying had a layer of these dead mayflies on top. The paths were littered with these - dead and alive. It was sure a mess, but the birds love them.

LOL the bugs, when we stayed at breakers for a week we had no idea why there were screens on the balconies, boy did we find out. Those bugs swarm, you try to breathe you get swarms in your mouth

TTD, front row, dusk. Came back to the station with bugs splattered all over my sweatshirt and face. It was terrible.

Great ride though

I remember a couple years back at CP, when the bugs were everywhere. We went to the water park, and the only thing I remember was trying to stay away from the outline of bugs where the water didn't touch in the slide.

Definitely not cool.

You would think that the management would try to find a way to get rid of them; they are really all over the place.

They had a massive hatching of mayflies (I'm assuming those are the bugs you're talking about) on my second day there about this time last year. The entire park and surrounding area was covered with these. The pool at Sandcastle Suites where we were staying had a layer of these dead mayflies on top. The paths were littered with these - dead and alive. It was sure a mess, but the birds love them.

Mayflies and muffleheads are two different bugs.