TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weird Roller Coaster Dreams

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, this one is strange, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to share this or not, but I laughed so I'm sure you guys will too. I had a dream a few days ago where I was on Jeopardy and the two other contestants playing were Robb and Big Mike. Funny thing is, I haven't met either of them yet. I only know them from being active on the forum and from Robb's YouTube videos. But anyways, it was me, Robb and Big Mike on Jeopardy and every category was some different aspect of theme parks/rides/roller coasters, etc. For example Six Flags for 400, or Hyper Coasters for 600, etc. Unfortunately the dream ended near the beginning of Double Jeopardy when I was woken up by the freaking thunder blizzard we had here that night. I couldn't get back to sleep afterwards so I don't know who would have won but at that point it was a pretty close race. I do watch Jeopardy fairly regularly, and I am very active on the forum so I guess that's where it came from. Like I said, it was weird, but there you go. Haha.

• 3 weeks later...

I once had this freaking terrifying nightmare...

I was at SFGADV, and I was waiting in line for Kingda Ka. The train went off, and was heading down the launch track, when the whole tower just...fell apart.

The whole thing collapsed, while the train then slammed into the collapsing tower.

Strange thing was, GASM was still there...

Also had a strange dream where I was riding that Cantilever designed coaster that was being planned a while ago...

Had another dream where I was riding Corkscrew at CP, only it was a longer ride, and it that it had these HUGE OTSRs....

I'm not sure how I missed this topic, being that most people who know me are well aware of the bizarre dreams I tend to have.

In honor of Superman reopening at SFMM, I'll share a couple of dreams I've had about that ride. In the first one, I was standing near the base of the tower and heard a car approaching. It went up the tower faster than usual but didn't slow down. There was a few seconds of silence, then a big crash. Apparently, the car went right off the tower and ended up in the parking long (probably about where Goliath is now). In that dream, I remember thinking, "Oh no! " about it and wondered how the people in the car were, but never went to check it out. That's when I woke up.

In the other Superman dream, the cars went up to the top of the tower and stopped. Riders could step out and go into a small snack bar up there for a drink or snack. Whenever they were ready, they could catch the next car down. I stayed up there for awhile because I was enjoying the view, but finally decided to head back down. There was a ladder between the two tracks with wide steps to stand on while boarding. Once the car was loaded, it simply dropped back to the station.

I had both of these dreams about the time Superman was announced for SFMM, early 1996 or so.

There are a few other dreams, but nothing noteworthy.

Eric

I had this one bizzare and hard to rmemeber dream where I was at a park that I guess was suppose to be cedar Point, but looked totally off from what Cedar Point actually means. It seemed to be at the valley of a mountainous range (kind of like Magic Mountain but more dramatic). Anyways. I saw that they have a two coasters there right off the bat, they had Superman The Escape and Top Thrill Dragster. They were both rihgt next to each other and Superman looked *slightly* taller. I toured the park a little bit, then woke up.

One night I had a dream about going to Europa Park with my dad and a friend. When we arrived Me and my friend went straight to Silver Star, but the coaster had a zero g-roll at the top of the 70 meters-lifthill, just like Hulk. But the car went with a very slow velocity trough the roll - . We looked headfirst for a few seconds down(it was an OMFG-moment )....it was so awesome - like a real ride. But a few minutes after riding the coaster i woke up.

Greetings Dominik

having spent most of my time playing RCT when I was younger, I used to hear phantom peep sound fx. sounds crazy, but not unlike thinking your phone rang when it didn't. I also had a very vivid dream where i was in what looked like RCT3 sandbox mode: having climbed to the top of a 300 foot coaster, I immediately feel, waking up when I hit the ground. I was a little frazzled and would soon give up on RCT3. That game was a nightmare after all.

I had a dream at SFMM where one coaster had cars from all different rides that are there. One train had cars from Gold Rusher, Revolution, Viper, Colossus, and Apocalypse all on one train. The second train had cars from Scream, Riddler's, Goliath, and X2. They were all on the same ride connected to each other. I woke up and was blown away by the "WTF" factor of my dream.

It wasn't really weird, but last night, I dreamed that I went to Waldameer park with my Grandparents, both of whom are deceased now, along with my sister, and we went on Ravine Flyer II multiple times, enjoying ourselves the whole day.

I love those kinds of dreams.

Almost every rollercoaster dream I have ends with me not being able to ride the coaster, or there is some kind of crash. I've had this one dream a couple times, where I am actually on TTD and then for some reason my family decides to leave the park and I don't get to ride it (which ironically last time I was at CP I didn't get to ride TTD do to weather and malfunctions keeping the wait time at about 5 hours).

• 2 months later...

Theme parks and coasters are quite common in my dreams. Recently i've been having the same dream over and over. I'm going to some park with a lot of cool coasters i haven't tried before, just to find out when i arrive that at least 50% of them are down due to maintenence. And we're really talking maintenence here - accelerators with the whole top hat missing for example.

One weird dream i had about 6 months ago included an Intimidator 305 clone. The color was blue and it's name was - Big Daddy. Too bad i woke up when i was heading up the lift hill...

I can remember when I first moved to Texas some 20 years ago. The summer I moved here they were in the process of draining KD's Lake Charles and installing the underwater tunnel for Anaconda. That would have been my first coaster with multiple loops, and for its time was something spectacular for KD. Since it was just being built I never did get to ride it before I moved. I had dream after dream about that thing. Weird thing is I would always be on the train and only get it would only halfway up the lift hill before I woke up.I was crazy obsessed with that coaster, and the dreams only made it worse. I finally got back to KD last year when they opened I305. I finally got to ride Anaconda. So I guess I could say it was a dream come true! : Finally!

I remember one I had awhile ago. It was Cedar Point, only like 40-50 years into the future. It was all indoors, and Dragster had an insanely different layout, traversing nearly the entire park. Ehh, strange, but thats the only one I've had.

Just last night, I had one where I went back to CP, and they had apparently redone Disaster Transport. I didn't dream long enough to go inside, but the entrance and exit had all this weird, holographic stuff around it...even skulls at one part of the exit. Very strange.

I remember one I had awhile ago. It was Cedar Point, only like 40-50 years into the future. It was all indoors, and Dragster had an insanely different layout, traversing nearly the entire park. Ehh, strange, but thats the only one I've had.

I've dreamt of an indoor Cedar Point too! It was one big mall and it's the only dream that I've actually ridden a ride without interruption. Although the coasters had completely different layouts...

• 1 year later...

Sorry about that, I put the topic in the wrong category

I had one about a month ago. I can't really remember it that well. I was in a car driving down a beach causeway, I don't know if its the Robert Moses causeway or not, but I remember coming to an area where for some reason, there were TONS of SBNO roller coasters and flat rides just standing in the grass! I didn't see anything that looked like a park entrance or a parking lot..It was just roller coasters and rides just standing there. The place was obviously abandoned, but there wasn't any vegitation creeping on the rides. If memory serves me correctly, I saw two wooden coasters, a white out-and-back and a brown twister coaster, an Arrow or Vekoma looper, a B&M or Giovanola hyper, a Miler kiddie coaster and various other flat rides like an Enterprise, and Eyerly Monster and Huss standard-issue Frisbee. I then remember coming home and looking up the joint on RCDB. Turns out, there was a Cedar Fair theme park in that location that opened in 1962 but closed in 2001 and was supposed to get the "Geauga Lake" treatment (2 of the best coasters sold to different parks, whole park then shuts down) But no one bought any the rides roller coasters...so the rides sit abandoned to this day, still being repainted and mechanically upkept by Cedar Fair, awaiting for someone to buy them.....

and that's all I really remember....How about you guys? Have any of you had coaster-related dreams?Top