TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weird Roller Coaster Dreams

Funny that we just talked about this because I had one last night. I had a dream that I rode Dare Devil Dive (even though it isnt built yet) and of course it was in POV mode. But the whole coaster was inside a building and there were a bunch of ACE'rs there and my friend and I were the only ones that got to ride it because it was media day. LOL

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to have more of them but they all seemed non-sensical to me. They were something like I wait in line for something unrealistic/unsafe or something very real. Most of them I remember were either Sheikra or Rock'n Roller Coaster where the restraint would come un done and then the best ejector air ever would occur and I would fall out and wake up. Sometimes I jumped out after the restraint came unlocked. These used to occur often but, are rare now.

Most of my coaster dreams are weird, it's like I can't ride them properly. Going up the lift hill I become transparent and slide back a few sets, then usually have to walk the train up the lift hill. I can't go around loops, I'll reach the loop and the train travels around the loop while I stay stationary and continue with the ride once it pulls out of the loop. There are times I can ride them without any issues and even get excited when I make it around the loop

This morning I had a dream in which Xcelerator was...not itself. The only restraints were shoulder belts with a tiny plastic attachment. It had a couple inversions before the launch section and another at the crest of the top hat. When I rode in the front, the coaster went forward, but when I rode in the back, it went backwards and upside down!

I dream about coasters frequently and some common themes are:

--Being dispatched with open restraints, or other oddities with the cars and/or restraints (no one dies, though)

--Worrying about whether I'll get to ride something (especially at DLR)

--Coasters or parks located indoors, in my backyard, or in my neighborhood

When I ride a coaster in a dream, I usually experience a lifelike sense of airtime and speed.

The coasters and parks I encounter are generally nowhere near true-to-life, yet I always seem to know their identities.

I just had a dream where I was in a hotel and my family was about to leave, but then my dad told me to get into his car because he had a "surprise", (which was very odd) and it ended up we were just 10 minutes down the road from SFMagic Mountain (which I've never been to), and we got off the exit and waited in this huge line that went as far as my eye could see. I tried to point out X2 to my dad, but it was extremely foggy and for some reason I could only see the outline of the park. So the line, that had 100+ cars in it, was over in like 30 seconds and I had to get out and apparently they had a valet that drove our car to a parking spot. Haha! Valet at Six Flags! Anyways, i had to walk down this long pathway with wooden fences on the edge through some forest and I approached the entrance gate, and right when I was about to step in...I woke up!

Those dreams really suck, I thought it was real and that I'd actually get to ride X2 and Tatsu and all the other rides...so when I woke up I was very very angry that I was stuck across the country in off season. But then, I went back to sleep and guess what? Had a dream about my homepark, Kings Dominion! Again I thought this was real life, but my pass looked like it was chewed up and was missing he entire top half. This dream I don't remember as much, but it had to do with me getting kicked out and then sneaking in through some pathway behind the waterpark. When I had finally gotten in though, I woke up. The roller coaster gods are upset with me. Damn you, off season!

I had an awful one the other night:

(Preface: I've never been to Cedar Point and it's a dream of mine to go.)

In my dream, I was at CP. It was the last day of the season. I started at Maverick. It was down. I went to Raptor. It was down. I went to Millennium Force it was down. I couldn't find TTD. I saw Millennium Force testing and got back in line. I made it to the front of the line. It broke again. Then it started raining. Then they announced the park was closing and everyone had to leave. Then I woke up.

I can still taste the disappointment.

--Worrying about whether I'll get to ride something (especially at DLR)

The coasters and parks I encounter are generally nowhere near true-to-life, yet I always seem to know their identities.

I feel the exact same way. A while back, I had a dream where I was at Dorney Park for some reason (it probably doesn't resemble Dorney Park at all), and I immediately go on a couple kiddie rides first. I have no clue why I chose those first, but up next for me was Steel Force. Right before I went in line, my parents told me we had to leave to go see the horse race. We left the park and my family took a nap at the hotel. I was so disappointed that I wasn't able to stay. I was at the park for about ten minutes. My theme park dreams are always so sad...

Except I did like the dream where my friend got a giant yellow B&M Hyper in his backyard that I got to ride.

I have never been on a roller coaster before. Expect a power dragon coaster. But I have become more and more obsessed to ride one. I keep having coaster dreams or a coaster suddenly pops up in a dream.

I had a dream I was riding ghostrider. But I never had. I only watched the video. But Everything was themed to a halloween theme. zombies and graves were all around. fog all over the coaster.

I had a dream last night I dreamed were there was a flying B&M coaster on the grand canyon. It was strange. I have never been on a coaster. But something related to a roller coaster has always popped up in my dreams.

In my dream, I was at CP. It was the last day of the season. I started at Maverick. It was down. I went to Raptor. It was down. I went to Millennium Force it was down. I couldn't find TTD. I saw Millennium Force testing and got back in line. I made it to the front of the line. It broke again. Then it started raining. Then they announced the park was closing and everyone had to leave. Then I woke up.

I've had those dreams far too many times! I had one where I meant to get in line for Magnum, but ended up in the line for Wildcat!

I had this dream one time... hehe... We were at Kings Dominion and a storm was coming, like huge, typhoon, monsoon, type storm, and we were hiding under Intimidator 305, and it had like magical powers that could protect anyone near it from the storm. So we were saved by the awesome powers of I305, I AM NOT MAKING THAT UP! I am not saying it to be a fanboy, this happened and I remember it vividly.

I think this is the weirdest dream I've seen mentioned here. What do I win?

^Why would you want to be rollercoaster, you may get ridden by ACErs - the horror.

I dream of SROS at SFNE but it has an enclosed first drop like Ghostrider. I also dream of a completely enclosed coaster like going through rooms in a big house. I'd love if they turned Poseiden's Fury into a coaster, have it zipping around through all the chambers, just put Potter on it and corporate will sign off as quickly as they can get their pen out.

I always feel really bad for the guests when it starts raining, because all the coasters do shut down. I can say though that in the 5 years I worked there, We only ever closed the park early twice, A power outage and when Tropical Storm Ike hit us.

I had dream a roller coaster cake ice cream was made. It was the roller coaster from COD MW 2

Haha the woodie with OTSR's that was in pieces, looks like a load of fun to ride.

I had a dream a while ago after Chiller at SFGAdv got removed that I was able to ride it again, for whatever reason only the Robin side was there and the ride was in Big Wheel's spot.

Another dream I had more recently was of operating Green Latern, also at SFGAdv. Hopefully this season I'll get the chance

I had one where I dreamed I was on a wierd version of Rock'n'rollercoaster, and as it launched I woke up. I went back to sleep and the dream continued. I got a onride photo, cause for some reason I had missed the whole ride while I was awake, and since it was a dream, when I looked at this photo I would experience the whole ride again. But I picked it up and It said "ha ha, you missed it". I was very

I recently had a dream about SFOT. The first thing that happened was the New Texas Giant opened earlier than the scheduled date (imagine that ). I was going to be on the second train. I was watching the first riders on the coaster and, all, of a sudden, the train derailed! The park was much smaller, Mini Mine Train was a dark ride that took you through a... nursing home? Yes, you read that right - a nursing home. Probably one of the weirdest dreams I've ever had.

I had many dreams about me riding roller coasters, but two of them stand out in my mind:

1)"I was riding a wooden coaster that was colored green, the tracks and rails were colored red, and the coaster cars resemble apple carts. Thus this coaster was called the "Apple Coaster". As the coaster lefted the station, it turned right and headed up the lift to a hundred feet, then it turned left 240 degrees and had its first drop that went under the lift hill, Besides this unique feature, the rest of the ride was like your basic up and down, out and back coaster.

2)"In another dream, I was inside a potato sack riding a metal slide that had a hundred foot steep drop (I actually felt my stomach fill light), and after that drop it went around a curve and into a bed of sand. And I rode that ride at night.

"You see, even with me, you can still ride those coasters."