TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weird Roller Coaster Dreams

I have Cedar Point dreams sporadically, but they're always kind of avant garde and the park never looks the same as it does in real life. Last time, Millennium Force was where Magnum was, and aside from the lift hill, the rest of the ride looked strange and cartoony. The sky was all apocalyptic and you had to take the outer road around to it, because apparently it was a separate attraction. And then, of course, the Erie winds blew it right out into the lake and my friends got all pissed at ME because they really wanted to ride it. The end.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night I dreamt that a rider was ejected from Lost Gravity, on the turn after the zero-G roll. I remember I was so happy that I actually got to ride it since it vallied the day before I visited (this actually did happen), and a rider was thrown from the ride a couple of days after I rode it.

I went to Thorpe Park. There were two Colossuses and one was in a kid's area. There was an Airwolf in Saw Alive's space and Samurai was in Saw's space. There was an Enterprise next to the Airwolf and Tidal Wave was much closer to the entrance. There was also a dive coaster as tall as Stealth in the park. I wandered off into a field and my parents constantly said the park was behind us.

I then teleported to Adventure Island where there were Cheddar & Onion McCoy's crisps everywhere and every single ride was replaced by a new one. Rage was replaced by a new show.

On another night, I went to Paultons Park and it was just a large field with the rides VERY spaced apart. There was a log flume with two drops and the end bit intersects with other parts of the ride. There was a Waveswinger themed to a mushroom and a shop called "Funland Farm". There were about a thousand "circle kiddie rides".

• 1 month later...

I had the strangest dream about a bizarre B&M coaster that I rode at SFMM. This was a coaster that does not exist, not at SFMM or anywhere, but in the dream it was their newest coaster. I am not sure where in the park it was, but it seemed it was not far from Ninja (I don't know where in that area they'd have room to build a big B&M, though). For some odd reason, all of my coaster dreams have lately taken place at my old home park, where I have not had the opportunity to set foot since 2001.

Anyway, I was at the park with my boyfriend, who doesn't care for coasters, and he was waiting on a bench nearby for me to get a ride on the new B&M. The coaster was painted black and bright yellow (which wouldn't be possible in the hot sun of SoCal, which is why Batman is grey) and was themed to some kind of wasp or bee-like insect. I don't remember the name of the coaster. It also had a facade that looked like an old Greek temple - you went up these steps and past huge columns to enter the station. The coaster had two separate tracks/sides, like Dragon Challenge, and they were very similar in layout save for one major difference - on the left side you got soaking wet during part of the ride! There were two loading areas (so it could load both trains at once, like TTD) on each side, and the coaster was a flyer like S:UF. It was really hot and I wanted to go on the wet side first, and so once I got up to the station and ready to board, I saw that the seats always came back soaked, like a water ride. But as soon as I got ready to climb into the seat after the gates had opened, I noticed I was the only one on the platform (I must have been waiting for the front) and then a ride op came and told me I had to leave and go to the other side because the wet side was now closed. I was quite unhappy, having waited in line all that time (and I knew my bf would get tired of waiting), but I grudgingly went on over to the dry side and got in that line.

Unlike some coaster dreams, in this one I was actually able to ride the dry side of the odd B&M. Once the seats were in the flying position, the train started out of the station and up the lift, which was in a dark tunnel, not unlike the Hulk (but without a launch, just a plain old chain lift). Once out of the tunnel, the train immediately entered a severe drop (steeper than 90 deg, kind of like Maverick) and not far from the bottom it pulled a very Intamin-like maneuver - the track twised around and did a half turn and the train ended up on the top side of the track at the very bottom of the drop. Then we ascended up into a huge loop (very typical of B&M) and the rest of the ride was also a very B&M like series of loops, cork screws and sharp turns. The airtime on the drop and twist was killer , but not so much on the rest of the ride.

Once I got off I went to look at the wet side, and I could see where at the bottom of the identical flipped drop there was a water element with fountains that sprayed riders from below as they flew over it. I never did get to ride the wet side, though.

I've had a lot of rollercoaster dreams in the past few months. Many involve me going to different parks and riding rides. The parks I go to in my dreams are completely made up (such as Six Flags Over Vermont and "Worlds of Fun" - which was in Chicago and was full of average B&M hypers) or have complete whack layouts (like Kings Dominion that was compressed into a small area and had 3 rides or SFGAdv, which was completely flat and only had Skyrush, Kingda Ka, Fury 325, and one side of Lightning Racer). One interesting thing is that in my dreams, I never see coaster POVs. Either something happens and I can't ride the ride, or in the case of Kings Dominion, I either black out immediately (Dominator) or wake up (I305).

I've had a couple other weird dreams:

- There was this new coaster at some park (that was not mentioned) that had a launch, went 300 feet into the air (like TTD, but there was no twisting, the hill was aligned with the launch) and back down. There was no brake on the ride, it was just a long straightaway where the train had to slow down. After each run, the train had to be pushed back up the 300ft tower and into the station. A nearby park (also unnamed) wanted to compete with this, so they built something similar to an S&S Thrust coaster that was 400ft tall. The launch section was all in the station and was instant. Upon testing it for the first time (fully loaded with guests), it derailed at the top and everyone died.

- At Dorney, Possessed fell on its side. The park called in RMC to put it back where it was, and instead they converted Stinger into an RMC boomerang (with the normal trains, so once the ride started they flipped the train over and raised it up to the normal track). Didn't get to ride this one, it was broken down.

I went to a small amusement park (I forgot the name). It had a small B&M floorless coaster called KiKi, and Robb was screaming random stuff, and the person next to Robb started doing the seizure emote during the ride. The ride was actually pretty intense, and had a really long pre lift section, dubstep on the lift hill, a vertical loop, a dive loop, and then a bunch of helixes. I also some how got a girlfriend, there were a bunch of hippies on the top of the school bus we arrived on, and you could walk on the catwalks of KiKi.

It was a fun time.

I just had a really weird dream where I was at a park, but it didn't have a name. It was kind of like an old-school park with a lot of trees, and not many rides. It kind of reminds me of some of the smaller European parks. They had an indoor Maurer spinning coaster with a custom layout and it was themed to a castle. It was pitch black a lot of the time, and it was extremely well-themed. The coaster itself was pretty much a bunch of turns with a few helices. The other ride I did was a GIANT carousel. It was probably about 100 feet in diameter, it had no roof or pavilion, and it only had one horse that was kind of like the Derby Racer horses. The other ride was a 10-minute long Schwarzkopf inverted giga coaster. It had a layout kind of like a Jet Star coaster, but it had a straight, fast lift hill and the twisted part with the drops and helices were on both sides. It had 3 inversions, but they were all near the end of the ride. They were all barrel rolls and they caused a lot of headbanging. But for the most part it was fun.

• 1 month later...

Last one I had was about me getting to ride a pair of RMC I-Box dueling coasters. I forget the name of the ride itself but the theme was a duel between a White Knight and a Black Knight, so each Knight had a coaster - basically Twisted Colossus meets Dragon Challenge. The I-Box tracks were painted to correspond with their knight, the trains were decked out in their respectively-colored armor, and the stations were painted their respective colors as well, with suits of armor and other weapons hanging from the walls to add to the theming.

I remember both coasters were 175 feet tall and climbed the lifts side-by-side, but "White Knight" dropped only 145 feet while "Black Knight" dropped 165 feet, and passed under White's track in a headchopper as the two tracks crossed each other. I also remember that White's top speed was 65 mph and Black's was 70 mph. Black Knight also had a couple of inversions, while White Knight had none, instead focusing more on airtime.

The two near-miss moments I remembered were: 1) Black Knight's Zero-G-Stall passing directly above one of White's airtime hills, and 2) an "opposing" High-Five, where each color went through its respective "90 DEGREES!!!" turn in opposite directions (I remember this was one of the highlights of the ride).

I can't remember the exact layout of each track beyond that so I don't know which one enthusiasts would've considered "better" as such but I remember thinking that both were really awesome coasters...and needless to say I was disappointed that they didn't exist when I woke up. Maybe I'll just have to recreate them to the best of my memory in NL2 sometime...

I had a dream where there was a coaster called Evolution-X. It was like Gale Force, except it was a different layout and it was dueling and it had a white version of Space Mountain Mission 2's building. You boarded it outside and it would launch forwards, backwards, and gang full speed (like Gale Force) and launched at a 45 degree angle into a roll that goes inside the building. It had a lot of inversions and halfway through the ride, the car stops upside down and the track drops. It launches outside and then goes up the 2nd launch hill (in sync with the other car) and goes through a different course with lots of airtime instead of inversions and then the ride ends.

I wonder if a hang time drop track would work in reality

• 4 weeks later...

- I had a dream last year where I was riding El Toro at SFGADv, and it was just as great as everyone makes it out to be. (I've never ridden it in real life) It was just so much better than any coaster I'd been on, and the airtime was phenomenally good. I was shocked at how amazing the ride was, and I requested a re-ride. Then I woke up.

- I had a dream that SFGAm had another B&M Hyper next to Raging Bull called Nitro. (Same color scheme, different layout than SFGADv's) For whatever reason, it had no line whereas Raging Bull's line was well over an hour. I rode Nitro, and I immediately thought it was the best ride in the park. I was going to question why nobody was riding it, but I decided to just keep riding it for myself.

- I had a dream last night in which I was riding Viper @ SFGAm and when we came back into the station Iron Wolf's old safety spiel started playing.

- I've had multiple unusual dreams of me riding Iron Wolf after its removal, including the colors being changed to blue, the station being altered, and a bunch of other random changes.

- I had a dream that Georgia Scorcher @ SFOG was removed and replaced with a B&M Floorless coaster with similar colors to Rougarou and a similar layout to Batman: The Dark Knight at Six Flags New England. It was actually a very forceful and fun ride.

There's this recurring theme in my dreams where I go to parks I've never been to (often it's one I'm planning to go to in the near future) but I never get to go on the rides I want to go on. Something always gets in the way; either the ride breaks down, or a person stops me and distracts me with some random crap, or I get lost and can't find the entrance for some reason. And it always ends when I finally find the ride and I'm about to go on it. My subconscious never lets me have any fun.

^Me too! It's very annoying. With me there are actually three possible scenarios: I don't get to ride the coaster for whatever reason; I ride it but as soon as it begins I become lucid and all the fun is gone as it no longer feels real; I ride it and the restraints don't work and I have to hold on for dear life. This last case is quite weird as I never have that fear in real life.

On my last dream it was the case where I didn't ride it. Me and some friends bought the tickets but I don't believe we even entered the park.

There's this recurring theme in my dreams where I go to parks I've never been to (often it's one I'm planning to go to in the near future) but I never get to go on the rides I want to go on. Something always gets in the way; either the ride breaks down, or a person stops me and distracts me with some random crap, or I get lost and can't find the entrance for some reason. And it always ends when I finally find the ride and I'm about to go on it. My subconscious never lets me have any fun.

This describes about 90% of my amusement park dreams. I get to a park (with a name but nowhere near the same layout) and either don't ride any rides, wake up when the ride begins, or something else. I know I got on Dominator at KD but blacked out for the entire ride. The only ride that I can remember riding in a dream is a mostly exact copy of Mako. (Neither coasters are ones I have ridden). Everything up to the MCBR was the same, but the MCBR kicked on like Titan at SFOT. After that it went into an odd overbanked turn where it almost stalled, then right into the break run. The airtime was there, but the overbanked turn felt weird.

• 1 month later...

In 2012, when I was still a borderline GP/Coaster Enthusiast, for some dumb reason when I went to Mirabilandia that year, I skipped iSpeed.

A couple months later, there I was dreaming about it. And when I actually rode it in 2014, it felt exactly like it did in my dream!!!

It's so strange how it feels like you are actually on the ride when you're really fast asleep! Oh, the wonders of the human brain.

In 2012, when I was still a borderline GP/Coaster Enthusiast, for some dumb reason when I went to Mirabilandia that year, I skipped iSpeed.

A couple months later, there I was dreaming about it. And when I actually rode it in 2014, it felt exactly like it did in my dream!!!

It's so strange how it feels like you are actually on the ride when you're really fast asleep! Oh, the wonders of the human brain.

When I went to the US for the first time I was still GPish and we visited great adventure. It was awfully packed and we only got one ride on each coaster except el toro because we left it for last. It was only when I came back that I realized what I had done (as I started looking more into this subject and even joined TPR). I was so traumatized that I had loads of dreams with it and when I returned to the US two years later I went to great adventure almost only because of el toro. This time we didn't make the same mistake and bought the top flash pass. I kept thinking about how I was going to ride it until I became sick of it but when we arrived it was closed-----

After that I still had a lot of dreams of me riding it and I still wonder when I'll have the chance to finally try it.

Most amusement park dreams i have are those "im there but end up not riding the rides for some weird reason" dreams or where i do finally got on a ride but it feel unreal or not even a coaster anymore. I also had dreams about passing up really awesome carnivals and amusement parks and not being able to go for some odd reason even though i wanted to go so bad! With a lot of these dreams the parks are most likely not real or i just dont remember what park it was.

However this past September i went to Cedar Point for the first time,so i had coasters freshly on my mind. Sadly for some reason i came down with one of those weird week long stomach bugs. During this flu i had dreams that were even weirder then my usual dreams. One of the dream for some reason there was this lady and she was my time traveler guide. Think travel agent but for time traveling! She would show me different portals and would tell me about each one and where(and when) it leads to. Coasters being fresh on my mind still i picked the portal that lead to the 1950s amusement park. The portals where in weird settings too. The portal that i choice i had to go through a old school CRT computer monitor in some office for some reason. I go though the portal and the time travel agent physically disappears however i can still hear her as if she is talking to me through hidden blue tooth ear buds.

When i appear in the 1950s timeline i automatically have 1950s attire. I seen these teens walking down the street and my guide tells me to go up to them and pretend i am new to the town,and ask them how i can get to the amusement park. I dont remember what the town was either. Anyways they were eager to help and they happen to be going there too,so that just let me follow them to the park. The whole time they were explain all the fun rides and games there was at the park. To me being from 2016 of course a lot of the rides seemed tame compare to todays thrill rides but to them it was like this amazing magical fairly tale land...

I never told them i was a time traveler though and just asked like a normal everyday person who happen to be new to the area. Compare to todays teens and/or young adults they seemed so much more down to earth and laid back. They also seemed more impressed with the little things compare to people today. It was interesting to see.

Anyways i dont want to go on for to long but i remember we took some detours and did some stops. They met up with other friends too etc. I remember walking up hills and over bridges to get to the park. We got there when it was dark.I also remember the park was on this inclined street hilly area. It also resembled an old school boardwalk park but dont remember if i see a beach or not. Sadly i think the dream ended before i got to go on my first ride though. Still the dream was pretty neat.

• 2 months later...

Weird dream I had last night

Went to SFGAm, but for some reason it was inside of a warehouse. I boarded Raging Bull but instead of the normal circuit, it kept making right hand turns out of the station and into another station and another on loop for about 5 minutes until I just got off. Then I went to ride Batman and woke up