TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weird Roller Coaster Dreams

-Went to Adventure Island, with one of the park's halves filled with rides - but they're defunct. Left the park riding nothing - even though half the rides were open.

Are you sure that was a dream?

Read the title of this thread...

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^i was impressed when I went in Feb. I thought everything would he even been closed but only about three things were closed and rage was running really well.

Was Scorpion closed? That's the ONE ride I have never been on, and I'm curious of what's happening to it (if anything is happening to it).

I have a lot of theme park dreams, and sometimes I have different dreams on different nights which are connected like a story line. One time as a part of a series of dreams I had when I was on a tour around the country of different parks visiting only kiddie coasters. One of them was at a family entertainment center, and there was a kiddie coaster which had a tiny loop and winged seats. You would get into these plastic seats, similar to alpine coaster seats, but it was sitting on the track like a winged coaster. And there was only one seat, with only one wing. So the hill/drop was literally 10 feet, and the loop was about 3 feet. In real life you would crash into the loop and you would die due to its size, but for some reason it just worked in this dream. That was one of the weirdest dreams.

Sadly I don't recall a lot of detail or just don't know how to convey it properly. But here it goes.

I got to California's Great America and there's this dark ride from like the early 80's. It has a Disney World people mover vibe, like it's from the same era or at least one or two of the designers had a hand in it. One of the more weird features of this attraction is that guests can actually cause their ride vehicle to totally flip upside down for most if not all of the ride. I don't remember any theme or animatronics but the draw was 1. it's simply something to do and 2. the ride is user controlled but still on rail with a set speed. It was a really interesting dream though.

Not sure why my theme park/roller coaster dreams are taking place at that park. Haven't been back there in I think a decade now. I guess I just think there's so much wasted space there and I think the park is boring for how much history it has. My last dream about CGA before this was CGA having a actual Startours ride in partnership with Disney. it having only one movie but it being exclusive to the park.

A weird one I had after my first visit to Michigan's Adventure with thunderhawk (why I rember this I don't know): I had a dream where I was getting chased by something through a Verona slc station and then once I reached the end saw a second station, and then another, and another. The head banging must've done it to me. Talk about a nightmare!

I am planning to go to Cedar Point this summer with my friend. I had a team a couple nights ago that we went, it seemed very realistic, and when we got there literally everything was closed. Last time I went, maverick was closed for 3/3 of the days I was there and the morning we were leaving everything except for gatekeeper was closed.

One time I had a dream that I was in a roller rink (what a coincidence...) and there was a wooden roller coaster in the roller rink for some reason. Although there were people skating, the coaster went all the way around the rink, so people were getting hit constantly. I had decided to go on the roller coaster for some odd reason, and while I was on it, it derailed and crashed into a trash bin.

The end.

I've also had many dreams about Cedar Point and Kings Island but they're usually relatively normal...

• 2 weeks later...

WTF LAST NIGHT I HAD ONE OF THE MOST INSANELY WEIRD COASTER DREAMS EVER!!!!!

So in the dream, my cousin broke her toe so we had to go there for a few days for some reason. When we stayed there, I had to live in a tiny house and when we got there, we had to go into a giant theater and watch a random presentation about food safety. The next day in the dream, we went to a nearby amusement park. It was apparently supposed to be Six Flags America, but it was highly themed on the same level as a Disney park. The coaster collection consisted of The Voyage, Raven, and Legend from Holiday World, An out-and-back kiddie wooden coaster they called Roar, Lisebergbanan from Liseberg, and Turbulence from Adventureland, except it was three times larger. They also had some kiddie coasters and a flat ride that was a cross between a Disk-O and a Round-Up. Over the course of two days at the park, I was able to ride everything except for the Legend, since it valleyed in the middle of the course with people still in it. The people were stuck there for days until they eventually died of starvation. I went to the park for a third day, but this time all of the food stands were closed. Everyone gathered around a giant restaurant, and I went there and there was a private party going on. I walked in anyway, and I just kept walking until I entered a city and I got lost. So I turned back around and got back to the park. My family was there at the restaurant, and there was a table with some guy laying on it, and he was getting a surgery done. Apparently everyone was gathered there because he had food poisoning. The doctor was grabbing maggots out of his throat and said the man wasn't going to make it. Then a giant spider ripped out of the guy's throat, and out of the same wound, a snake came flying out and killed the doctor. Then the dream ended. Yep, seems like an average day at Six Flags America!

Last night, I had a dream that I finally got to go to Cedar Point. Idk why, but for some reason we could only spend a couple of hours there. The first ride I rode was a Premier Rides Sky Rocket II. Immediately after the third launch, I feel out of my seat and I had to hold on for the rest of the ride. After that, I rode an Intamin drop tower. Then I rode this one ride where everyone has a jet pack and they are trying to shoot each other with water guns in a giant pool 400 feet in the air. After that, we had time for one more ride. I really wanted to ride Millennium Force, but everyone else in my party wanted to ride the Cedar Creek Mine Ride.

Sometimes in my dreams, I get visions of really amazing rides that I should totally make in NL2 someday.

1) Boat ride with a cool pre-ride section that goes near a town looking scene and right next to the station before the rest of the ride. From then on, it was just trippy goodness

2) An old-style wood coaster plopped down in the middle of a neighborhood, with it being slightly sunk in a concrete pit and small roads going around the site with all of the houses facing it. The outside had the normal chain link fence, and just looked so retro but beautiful at the same time (because for whatever reason, retro neighborhoods seem to be a happy place for me)! I think that would be such an awesome thing IRL, if the neighbors where okay with the noise

Not a coaster dream but still park-related....not long ago I dreamed about Kennywood's re-building of the Noah's Ark ride. I was there for the opening day (media day, I suppose...) and for some odd reason the ride was actually at Hershey instead of Kennywood. (either that, or HP and KW somehow switched places magically) Skyrush wasn't far from the Ark at this weird park mash-up. Being that it was a media day, I was allowed to go thru the ride before the public, and so there was no line to speak of. But as I entered, I was terribly disappointed - for some strange reason Kennywood had decided to re-make the Ark into a haunted house! They put in all new animatronic animals and they were all scary with huge fangs and mouths dripping with blood, and some of them jumped out at me as I walked thru. The whole interior was dark and spooky, with strobe lights and fog. So in effect, Noah's Ark became Noah's Haunted Ark!

Then, after I had gone thru the ride, the public was allowed in and the line grew to well over an hour long, winding around almost all the way over to Skyrush. I'm guessing that the Ark would have been about where SDL is at HP, or maybe where the Comet's station is.....in the dream it was on an incline like that.

About a week ago I had a dream where I was at a really nice public park. It had lots of nice pathways, lakes, and nice landscaping. But it wasn't an amusement park. For some reason, there were some old castles. They were really cool, and they looked nice. I walked into another castle, but it turned out on the inside it was a roller coaster station. It was a mine, and it was pretty much a clone of Runaway Mine Train at Six Flags Great Adventure. It went over some lakes, around the landscaping, and it was a lot of fun. I rode it a bunch of times. Except the station was really slippery, like there was no friction at all. If you went sliding slightly in one direction, there was no way to stop you. So people kept sliding around randomly and a bunch of people kept falling onto the track, and plummeting to the ground. They were okay though, since they kept getting back onto the ride.

I went to Blackpool and there was a log flume next to Infusion. Behind the log flume was a white wall with graffiti on it, which was... content....

People wanted to see this graffiti of... it... so the knocked off some of the supports so the ride went lower and people could see it (really?).

After that, I walked to the exit of the park and teleported onto a staircase in space. I got onto a rocket (????) and an old woman gave me two square pieces of chicken. For some reason, I asked for a fork several times and they kept thinking I was asking for another plate. After a long time of asking, they gave me a fork and a spoon.

• 4 weeks later...

So last night I had a dream where I was getting on a small Woodstock Express-type junior wooden coasters, and it was painted red and looked nice. The entrance of the ride had a small wooden canopy-type thing as shade for when you wait in line. But there was no line, so I decided to ride it. I walked through the entrance, but it actually turned out to lead to a bathroom. So I went to the bathroom and when I went to wash my hands, all the sinks were missing. There was a worker with a cart full of sinks, but he said he wouldn't let me have a sink because I was an "emo" kid. Then the dream just ended.

The night after being trained in Ferris Wheel controls, I had a frantic dream where I couldn't find the stop button (not the E-Stop, but the one to stop the motion of the wheel so we can load people on/off). Apparently I was conscious enough for my sister to ask me what I was doing (while I was hitting my bed frantically thinking it was the control panel) and I responded saying I couldn't find the button