TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Flamingoland Mumbo Jumbo TR

Well, its not surprising to see they have flamingolandified it already! Give them a ride that is designed to run with its trims open (such as this) you can guarantee they will bang the trims on hard. Shame, they kind of neutered this ride a bit from what it could have been.

But it works for me, since i'm not going all the way to indiana beach to ride the other one!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:airtime:

Happy Opening Day, Mumbo Jumbo!

Looks like a great little OMG kind of coaster a small park can install and run.

m0.jpg.1f02c0a3c08fb5995a2f3fc59f8be469.jpg

My my what a full car park

m01.jpg.dcdeefec0687cee9202d0830b6deecec.jpg

I really like these cute little guys

m02.jpg.105079d1288f8953e9d4d212eceae220.jpg

Looks like Kumali has a new friend

m03.jpg.2ea661773755f8f0119e18bf747da1a0.jpg

OK didn't make it to the 4th but today looks like being a very busy day as well.

m4.jpg.f461756b3d2b15892001b16d5c751791.jpg

Flamingoland have landed themselves a real winner with Mumbo Jumbo. I'd strongly recommend you give this a go if at all possible. Great fun!

m3.jpg.84e7f8a3115d341084c2aee19768eaae.jpg

Eventually lots of happy riders. This is one cool ride. Kumali is still king of Flamingoland but this makes for one great fun ride. First drop intense with two additional attention grabbing loops.

m1.jpg.412c467d2804bfc335697836b2e61af9.jpg

The queue time should have been about 30-40 minutes. Unfortunately the weather turned bad and they closed the ride for a while. 2 HOURS after joining the queue we eventually got to ride!

m04.jpg.f6a3c33551cb2fc3b8b27aa541160e8a.jpg

Cool cars

m2.jpg.6f3ecab7c57d5d851654a79ed9f486ce.jpg

Check out these cool seats. Due to the way the seats come down anyone from 4 feet and up can ride which is great fun for younger riders and for those a little larger.

Hi All,

First post, so be nice

I've been to flamingo land several times as a child and as a youth and now as a dad. Every time i visit the park it's entirely different. When i was really young I remember going on a boat down some sort of river and there were animated animals making noises and popping up from behind trees etc. The place then was really aimed at the younger generation and for me it was great. The Zoo back then seemed more extensive but then that could have been my childhood memories playing tricks. I do at that time remember it with great fondness.

I visited several times over the years but last went some 10 years ago and found it a total dissapointment. Nothing of my memories was there and it was all replaced by bog standard averageness.

Roll on to last week when i took my Daughter and was thrilled to see it was nothing like what it was back then. They've seemed to have bucked up their ideas and really got on with creating an excellent theme park.

Onto the Mumbo Jumbo as this what this thread is all about. Well, we queued for around 60 mins to get on to the ride and considering it's newness i found that reasonable considering especially as it was a nice day.

The ride itself was a bit wierd but in a good way. When you think it's all tight and compact and no bigger really than an identi-kit run of the mill coaster it offered so much variety. There's the obvious world breaking drop which is in itself quite thilling but there's the outward curve, then the upside down hang and finally the downwards corkscrew. I don't think i've ever experienced any of these things before and they were all in this tight little compact coaster.

Is it any good though? Oh, absolutely. It's not the scariest ride in the world, far from it. It does offer a lot of thills though and a lot of new experiences. Oh and the ride is super smooth too.

I am decently totally pissed right now.

I was at Flamingoland last summer on a road trip through England, and it was before this ride was even announced. If I had scheduled the trip this summer, I would have gotten to it.

To make it worse, just last weekend I was at Holiday World. A mere 3 hours or so from Indiana Beach. And we decided that we shouldn't make the drive up so we could be back Sunday afternoon.

And so, I still haven't made it to one of these things! Two botched opportunities! Oh well. I guess there are always the videos.

I really feel I must headline IMO here, before I say that as much as the ride had good potenital, the ride operations were beyond apalling. (Sunday 12th July) I watched this ride test with the crash test dummies and three cars on the track which is as it should be.

I have NO idea what Flamingoland are so afraid of, but when they added 'live people', (in the morning and just after opening) they not only would not dispatch more than one car on the track, but would not even load the first (to be next dispatched) until the passenger car had returned and said passengers off loaded.

WTF? Still scared the brake system might fail perhaps? - but given the ride was the most trimmed I think I have been on EVER, I really fail to understand their concern. At some point they need to trust that the ride they paid for is going to work.

A re-ride in the afternoon improved matters marginally in that they would load the first train to be dispatched whilst the returning car with a payload, had not actuually been released from the restraints (OMG)

Sort it F'Land, and lose 95% of the trims.

Steve- thank god for a crazy fun time anyway-C

A re-ride in the afternoon improved matters marginally in that they would load the first train to be dispatched whilst the returning car with a payload, had not actuually been released from the restraints (OMG)

Sort it F'Land, and lose 95% of the trims.

On my last visit they were running two cars at a time. I know what you mean in regards to Flamingoland. The problem seems to be who your ride ops are. Some are ultra careful, some are just simply slooow at loading and others are just fine. What they need is some consistency. A lot of the staff are friendly, fast and appreciate that they need to keep the lines moving. It's a shame that the slow operators appear to be the ones running Mumbo Jumbo at peek times. The staff do rotate between rides. On one recent visit as we worked around the park we seemed to have the same ride op on a number of rides - unfortunately he didn't seem motivated at keeping the queues down.

Putting this to one side I still think that Mumbo Jumbo is a great fun ride.

There were three cars on track and two were running at the same time when I went. Considering the ride length is quite short. 30-40 seconds? I think to get all three cars running at the same time would be nearly be impossible without impacting on safety.

I have rode the coaster on the 3th of July with a coasterclub. We were the lucky one's to ride it as one of the first, cause the coaster opened the day after. It's really a nice coaster, with special elements. The drop is very steep so I can see why there are brakes on it.

The rest of the park is very nice too, but when were in Kumali, the lightning struck the park so all the power went out. I was sitting backseat so I was evacuated. The rest of the train was already standing outside of the station so they couldn't get out and were soaked by the rain. After 52 minutes their nightmare was finally over. We all are dreaming of being stuck on a ride, but not when its raining and when it's cold...

I have rode the coaster on the 3th of July with a coasterclub. We were the lucky one's to ride it as one of the first, cause the coaster opened the day after. It's really a nice coaster, with special elements. The drop is very steep so I can see why there are brakes on it.

The rest of the park is very nice too, but when were in Kumali, the lightning struck the park so all the power went out. I was sitting backseat so I was evacuated. The rest of the train was already standing outside of the station so they couldn't get out and were soaked by the rain. After 52 minutes their nightmare was finally over. We all are dreaming of being stuck on a ride, but not when its raining and when it's cold...

Wow sounds like you had an eventful trip on the 3rd. Now Flamingoland have Mumbo Jumbo I'm starting to wonder what their next big ride will be? I know a lot of people dislike the old Corkscrew but some TLC and a new paint job could keep the ride going for a few more years.

What would you recommend or suggest Flamingoland should consider for their next big ride addition? Not sure how much room they have for future expansion - personally I'd replace the Sky Flyer but with what I'm not sure.