TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Every time I go to SFGam American Eagle has been holding a line. It's a classic and it still delivers a fun ride. Why touch it? Seems like a efforts could be made elsewhere.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m so ready for these totally arbitrary and nonsensical covid rules to be over.  So a waterpark with no masks was fine all summer but they can’t run a coaster Or a Scrambler with a bunch of empt

This is life in Illinois. We're everything that's wrong with California, without the view.

Posted Images

Based on the new teaser I just now noticed, it looks like Magic Waters is also getting something new.

Having visited the waterpark quite a few times this summer while visiting a relative in the area, Magic Waters a good small waterpark. It’s just lacking a big waterslide since Splashblaster closed. A slide like Thunder Rapids can easily fix that.

^ If a ride is popular enough, it's not a problem to have two of them. Doesn't this park still have two log flumes next to each other?

As for RMC Eagle, they could always shorten the track length. Iron Rattler and Twisted Colossus didn't use the whole layout. I know this one is an out-and-back, but there's nothing saying they have to go all the way out.

The log flumes are very old, from a time when log flumes were much more popular, and rarely run at the same time anymore.

My stance is this: I think an RMC Eagle would be great, even with Goliath right down the midway. And I'm sure they could make it different enough that it would be great to have both. BUT, I feel like if Six Flags is going to invest in another RMC they'd get a lot more bang for their buck in a park where there wasn't a similar ride 500 feet away. (And even if you don't think it's a similar ride, the general public would...)

So I haven’t popped in this thread in a while. Are there actually rumors or any indication this park is actually going to convert one side of this coaster? Or are y’all just passing around the crack pipe?

So I haven’t popped in this thread in a while. Are there actually rumors or any indication this park is actually going to convert one side of this coaster? Or are y’all just passing around the crack pipe?

Enthusiasts gonna enthusiast....

Another RMC isn't happening at this park... Eagle is starting to really show it's age however, so that is where all this is coming from. The fact that it appears we're just getting a water park addition for next week is also throwing fuel on the fire because enthusiasts are entitled morons. God forbid a park doesn't install a coaster that rips your face off every season

Or are y’all just passing around the crack pipe?

It started as someone's harmless "I doubt it would happen, but wouldn't it be cool if..." into more serious consideration and speculation.

Hi all. I know nobody has a crystal ball but hoping some locals can help me out here... My friend and I will be at the park on the last weekend of September for a couple hours on friday, all day Saturday, and a couple hours on Sunday. I'm hoping that since it's still September, the crowds shouldn't be horrid... is there any reason to have faith in that or should I expect 2 hour waits everywhere? Flash Pass isnt really in the budget, at best we could get like the lowest level. (does that include Maxxforce?)

I've been to the park many times but my friend has never been so the goal is to get at least one ride on all coasters plus a couple rerides on Goliath, Maxxforce, and Raging Bull.

Also, is there single rider lines on anything? I seem to remember one on Goliath?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

The park should right in the middle of Fright Fest which would make it one of the busiest weekends of the year.

If you want to get on all the rides you can you have to be early (or if the weather is cold or rainy you can go).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't American Eagle missing in the rendering last year for Maxx Force? I believe that helped add fuel to the fire.

I've also heard a rumor American Eagle was possibly going to be RMCed, but they instead got Goliath since RMC was able to do something with the old plot where Iron Wolf resided.

Wasn't American Eagle missing in the rendering last year for Maxx Force? I believe that helped add fuel to the fire.

I've also heard a rumor American Eagle was possibly going to be RMCed, but they instead got Goliath since RMC was able to do something with the old plot where Iron Wolf resided.

Not a rumor. RMC was there to survey AE but when they brought them into the park they walked by the open plot of land where IW was. So Alan Schilke suggested they do a ground up coaster instead in that plot of land and wala...Goliath. AE then put on back burner.

Alan has talked about this when talking about Goliath.

A water coaster is an awesome addition to any park, honestly something I personally would appreciate as much as a coaster.

I really like how’s there’s been a “resurgence” of these in the United States.

Also, get off the high horse: you guys already have an RMC, American Eagle isn’t getting the treatment. Meanwhile, other parks have NOTHING. Goliath might be the weakest RMC but it’s still one of the best coasters in the entire chain.

So, when I went into Mooseburger Lodge to cool down, I noticed a darkened space that looks like it's a saloon... Have they ever had a saloon show there? Is there a reason that area is open (there weren't any chains or signs or whatever to keep people from wandering down into that area) but unused?

So, when I went into Mooseburger Lodge to cool down, I noticed a darkened space that looks like it's a saloon... Have they ever had a saloon show there? Is there a reason that area is open (there weren't any chains or signs or whatever to keep people from wandering down into that area) but unused?

They have shows there every year.

It’s called the Snowshoe Taphouse

World's Tallest Water Coaster!

Six Flags Great America, the Thrill Capital of the Midwest, continues its record-breaking streak in 2020 with the world-record water coaster, Tsunami Surge. Towering an incredible 86 feet in height, this innovative water coaster will be the tallest-of-its-kind in the world. Riders will reach a top speed of 28 mph over 950 feet of enclosed tunnels and open-air slides with three gravity-defying blasts and five breathtaking drops. Tsunami Surge will also feature AquaLucent technology, giving riders the sensation of traveling at the speed of light as brilliant colors and dreamlike imagery heighten the ride experience.

sfgahh_ts-1_1920x1080.thumb.jpg.915c235806487bbe93a06be5e7166f38.jpg

sfgahh_ts-2_1920x1280.thumb.jpg.7a95997dbf2d984915e0d450bf18a458.jpg

sfgahh_ts-3_1920x1080.thumb.jpg.4c158ec31bd924f688b8b65946f5e77b.jpg

*breathes fresh air*

Oh good, nothing hinting at an RMC Eagle.

In all seriousness, this looks pretty awesome. I'm glad to see my home park is finally getting something new at Hurricane Harbor, since we haven't gotten anything new there since Riptide Bay in 2011!

I'm not a Water Park guy, but I AM a Water Coaster guy, so this will actually get me to go into Hurricane Harbor for the first time ever next year! GAm is my "home" SF park, and I've never been in there. I also haven't been since 2016, so I'm planning to take advantage if their steal of a Flash Sale, and get myself and my kids Memberships. It's shaping up to be a Six Flags year, next year!

Also, does anybody have any idea where in Hurricane Harbor this will go? It seems like it'd have to be a decently sized area.

Also, does anybody have any idea where in Hurricane Harbor this will go? It seems like it'd have to be a decently sized area.

Press release says Riptide Bay. There's still some land right in-between Riptide Bay and Maxx Force that's likely where it will go, they didn't even bother doing any landscaping on it this year which was a pretty good hint it was just temporary...

^Thanks for that! I haven't seen the official press release yet. It looks like it'll be one of the first things you come to in the water park, which is nice for me, since I'm not likely to spend much time in the park, and I won't have to go far into it!

Guess I'll be going to Great America's water park the next time I visit! I do hope this one has more standard drops than the one Fiesta Texas added a few years ago since that one really only had the saucer turns for the downhill bits.

Out of curiosity, what was the previous record holder for the tallest water coaster?