TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Actually the name does make sense since this will be our last chance ride all the rides. Not every ride is going to be open for HITP but for Last Call every ride will pretty much be open say Whizzer(apparently closed for season already for Maxx Force construction) and the water rides.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m so ready for these totally arbitrary and nonsensical covid rules to be over.  So a waterpark with no masks was fine all summer but they can’t run a coaster Or a Scrambler with a bunch of empt

I'm divided when it comes to COVID.  If a state is going to have restrictions, at least do it right. Illinois is allowing water parks because the chemicals in the water have been found to kill CO

Just like at Over Texas, I think that Great America may have leaked its plans for 2021! 🤯🤯🤯

Posted Images

The thing about the last call fall festival that puzzled me the most was that they sold a sheet of something like 20 tickets for $20. You could pay with tickets or cash, but the tickets were the same value as the cash... $3 per sample - 3 tickets per sample. The only thing you gained was a small map of where to buy the food and beer, which wasn't hard to figure out at all.

The crowds were small for Last Call and most seemed to be there for rides. Hopefully the crowds are small this year too. I imagine they will be since the event seemed to be thrown together and didn't leave the best impression with guests. A lot of people will probably wait for HitP for their next visit.

The crowds were small for Last Call and most seemed to be there for rides. Hopefully the crowds are small this year too. I imagine they will be since the event seemed to be thrown together and didn't leave the best impression with guests. A lot of people will probably wait for HitP for their next visit.

Are tickets to get in cheaper? Asking for a friend. I have a sfog membership, but he don't.

Just in-case you thought Six Flags might come to their senses one of these days... nope.

That explains why they still have their Fright Fest Sale going on.

The weather looks great for Last Call Fall Festival this Saturday. I checked the guide and it seems like there are more offerings than last season. The event has potential, so I hope they stepped it up this year.

I wonder if Cedar Fair has better profit margin during their Christmas events by opening less rides. Wouldn't it also add more time to perform maintenance? God know CP is better at maintaining their attractions than SF.

I was only expecting a few rides to be operating so Raging Bull and Giant Drop are a surprise. I'm curious to see if the park actually makes the effort to put on a good event or half ass it like usual. I learned a long time ago to keep my expectations low. In the end I'll be riding coasters later in the year, which is great.

I told you guys it would probably be open. Without the trim enabled Raging Bull will probably run in temperatures well below that of what Nitro can at Great Adventure. They are pretty different layouts with Nitro having more airtime hills.

This is Six Flags. And they seem to have a chain-wide policy in place for winter. 'Run every ride we can until they just won't run anymore.'

They’re finally starting to add the ride list to the website.

It looks like Joker, X Flight, Superman, Raging Bull, Sprocket Rockets, V2, Batman and Dark Knight will run.

The website is still a work in progress, but they went out of their way to add those specific rides in the last few hours and it sounds like the most sensible lineup anyway so it’s most likely what we’re going to end up with.

Link

Note: Ignore the “Entertainment” section that’s clearly just pulling everything from the CMS and has been for awhile now. They actively added the ride lineup under “Holiday Thrills” at the bottom today which they wouldn’t have done without a reason. I don’t expect it to be a full list but my gut tells me that it might be a full coaster list because I mean... what else would they really run?

They’re clearly building this on the framework of the Six Flags America and Six Flags New England sites by the way, and the fact that they’re building it while it’s live and actually linking to it from the main website is insane but that particular section is noteworthy since they literally just put it there today.

Edit: They’ve added this also.

9E59FD1D-A586-484A-80BF-D2FE1F7DA5A5.thumb.png.271b187953c50f941d932b734d3749d7.png

Edited by coasterbill
They’re finally starting to add the ride list to the website.

It looks like Joker, X Flight, Superman, Raging Bull, Sprocket Rockets, V2, Batman and Dark Knight will run.

The website is still a work in progress, but they went out of their way to add those specific rides in the last few hours and it sounds like the most sensible lineup anyway so it’s most likely what we’re going to end up with.

Link

Note: Ignore the “Entertainment” section that’s clearly just pulling everything from the CMS and has been for awhile now. They actively added the ride lineup under “Holiday Thrills” at the bottom today which they wouldn’t have done without a reason. I don’t expect it to be a full list but my gut tells me that it might be a full coaster list because I mean... what else would they really run?

They’re clearly building this on the framework of the Six Flags America and Six Flags New England sites by the way, and the fact that they’re building it while it’s live and actually linking to it from the main website is insane but that particular section is noteworthy since they literally just put it there today.

Edit: They’ve added this also.

can you make a map with the open areas of the park?

The drop tower will probably be added as well. I cant remember where I read it, but it was mentioned that you could check out the lights from the top of giant drop.

I'm really impressed with this list, but kinda surprised that a wooden coaster is not on the list. Typically, wooden coasters seem to run better in cooler weather. Not complaining, just surprised.

From what I've heard, Giant Drop will not be running

This description makes it sound like it will serve as a giant christmas tree:

https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/attractions/kalightoscope

Join us for a light show like you have never seen before!

Beginning November 23, Kalightoscope is a can't miss attraction at Holiday in the Park. Join us for an inspiring and colorful holiday display. The Kalightoscope is all around you with 360-degree views of lights this is something that you won't find anywhere else! Gaze up at the Giant tree created by the Giant Drop ride and take it all in from ground to sky in this magnificent show.