TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Anything that can do better than 2 seconds sounds like a launch dry side coaster to me. The ride survey several of us have taken now kept mentioning the name Max or Maxx Force and what that makes us think of, strong acceleration, large inversions, and there was no mention of a water ride anywhere in it. I took it months ago, and my wife just got it over the weekend. I still think they are using HH as a red herring. I would say at WORST it is record breaking water coaster, which would be cool with me, but I am still leaning toward record breaking launch coaster, on the dry side. I am very excited for next year!

^

One of the things brought up in the ride survey over and over was a dual racing coaster concept. They had name choices (besides the ubiquitous Maxxx Force) like West Coast Racers, Turbo Traxx, Dualing Racers, Speed Demons, and Street Racers. Could connect with all the twos, and of course the drop slides are a dueling race ride themselves.

Well, at least we're getting a Loop Coaster we can actually call a Loop Coaster

It's not a giga, but should be a decent addition. I don't know the specifics on the differences between Premier's version and the S&S one... Do they differ in any significant way? They more or less seem to do the same three launches then send you through a secondary loop on top of the station before finishing....

I don't see how anyone is thinking they’re putting two and two here together and knows what is coming. That company is not a ride manufaturer. It is a construction company that simply does amusement park installs. Read down their page and you’ll see that they’ve not only installed coasters but also other types of rides, including Mardi Gras Hangover for the park this year, Wonder Woman at SFM, etc.. So to me, it looks like you’re getting something, but have to be mistaken if you think this means what.

Honestly, to me it’s still a water park addition, and you are all just overly hopeful for a coaster and not a water park addition you may never ride.

I don't see how anyone is thinking they’re putting two and two here together and knows what is coming. That company is not a ride manufaturer. It is a construction company that simply does amusement park installs. Read down their page and you’ll see that they’ve not only installed coasters but also other types of rides, including Mardi Gras Hangover for the park this year, Wonder Woman at SFM, etc.. So to me, it looks like you’re getting something, but have to be mistaken if you think this means what.

Honestly, to me it’s still a water park addition, and you are all just overly hopeful for a coaster and not a water park addition you may never ride.

Their website specifically points out that they do Steel Coasters.

Go right to their website (www.skyhigherectorsllc.com) and it says "Leaders in Quality Steel Coaster Erection".

All they talk about is a lot of steel on their site.

It's definitely looking like this will be steel! They could, of course, have submitted a bid for a water coaster/water slide project here and got awarded it. They could dabble into that, but they're all about the steel it looks like!

Yes, it'll use steel it appears. But as stated they have also done flat ride installs. The reason I don't think this is a flat is it is on a nice sized plot of land. Honestly a Sky Rocket or the S&S equivalent might be a bit disappointing though. But we do know corporate likes the concept.

Edited by Danrarbc

I always thought pro slide did their own installations which would lead me to believe this is not a water park addition. And yes they do other rides but I think we know that it would be for the dry park and not the water park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is not one water ride on this company’s page. They deal in steel. Still think coaster.

Just because they haven't done one before doesn't mean they won't do one.

Correct. They're a local company that has done work on some other stuff at SFGAm, so it doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility that Six Flags might contract thrm to build a water ride, even if they've never done it before.