TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m so ready for these totally arbitrary and nonsensical covid rules to be over.  So a waterpark with no masks was fine all summer but they can’t run a coaster Or a Scrambler with a bunch of empt

This is life in Illinois. We're everything that's wrong with California, without the view.

Posted Images

Seriously??? Why, Why is that everyday I plan on going, Six Flags has some kind of event. (Last day of Read to Succeed, BAFF multiple times, now this, etc.)

Except alot of those mean nothing to Passholders. An Oktoberfest or 2am to 2am event would be awesome. I also have an idea where they just Rickroll the park for an entire day.

Anyone have any suggestions for a local place to eat near the park for dinner? Preferably in the southern direction, but I'd go out of my way for something really good 8)

Do you want to chain restaurants? If you want a "Chicago Food Experience" like Chicago Style Hot Dogs, Chicago Italian Beef, Deep Dish Pizza, or even local adult beverages, I'd be more than happy to make suggestions. Just need to know what you have a taste for.

I'm just looking for ideas mainly. no chains. I would like to go to one "Chicago" food place that locals go to... whether it be a pizza place or whatever you guys eat We will be in Downtown Chicago so anywhere within walking distance of Millennium Park that is a good local food spot. And then we will be hitting dinner after six flags on Saturday night, so any recommendations near the park would be good. I'm open to ideas just don't really know what's out there and don't have much planning time. Thank you in advance, sorry if I am getting too much off topic.

I'm just looking for ideas mainly. no chains. I would like to go to one "Chicago" food place that locals go to... whether it be a pizza place or whatever you guys eat We will be in Downtown Chicago so anywhere within walking distance of Millennium Park that is a good local food spot. And then we will be hitting dinner after six flags on Saturday night, so any recommendations near the park would be good. I'm open to ideas just don't really know what's out there and don't have much planning time. Thank you in advance, sorry if I am getting too much off topic.

The easy answers for being in the burbs are Lou Malnatis and Portillos since both have multiple locations. Downtown Chicago is one of the most competitive restaurant markets on earth and there's tons of really, really great food. Without knowing a budget, tough to make a suggestion.

We planned on going to 'novelty golf and games' after Six Flags in LincolnWood, looks like Malnati's has a full service dine-in location right next to it (the original! Ooo!). I'll definitely put it on my list if you recommend them for pizza, I'm down for that! Lots of good reviews, too! Thanks! Funny that we planned on being literally 1 minute away (we need to get our cheesy mini golf fix!) -- I think when it comes to downtown we will just walk around and see what catches our eye.

So it has leaked that SFSTL is getting a Zamperla Disk'O ride as their 2017 addition, so no new coaster for them. I wonder if this makes it more likely that SFGAm is getting one of the S&S 4D coasters? If SF really did buy 3 of them, and we know one is going to SFNE, then there are still two that are going somewhere. I think that SFA might be a candidate, but it seems like there's a good chance that one of them ends up at SFGAm. If not, then I could see a flat ride package that includes a Disk'O, a Superloop, and something else. Either way, we'll find out for sure tomorrow morning!

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned here, but 1 (There might be 2) of the 2017 additions will be named "Joker"

Link: https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/attractions/joker

I guess they took it down , says "access denied". Last year JL leaked on their own website as well

Edited by Superbatboy

Not exactly right downtown, but Kuma's Corner has some of the most unique and awesome burgers in Chicago. Interesting themeing as well (it's a Heavy Metal theme). If you want something a bit fancier, I'm a fan of The Berghoff restaurant. They deal in German food with some twists. This is right downtown, so easy access from Millennium Park.

Dirk was right on the money about The Loop being one of the most competitive food markets on the planet. Browse Zagat and see what peaks your interest. Pretty much anything goes, so you can find something in your budget and tastes.

I'm absolutely thrilled about receiving one of these. Also were finally getting that long waited DC villain themed ride we always needed. I never liked the fact that we were the only major Six Flags park that didn't have a DC villain themed ride. Right now I plan on gong the day Joker opens for sure like I did with Goliath. Now I'm going to sit back and wait for the first complaint about capacity. I find it funny that their calling it a Free Fly though when it's really a Free Spin.

This is a very fun coaster, but I'll probably check out the one in SFOT instead and if it isn't ready when I go, then I'll just ride Batman again at SFFT. So, really no reason to travel to upper Chicago land next year. But still a great addition for this park.