TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

i'm not that upset about Orbit leaving. I can't remember the last time I rode it even. I want to say 2014. That being said I don't think East River Crawler should relocate to its spot. East River Crawler should stay where its at and Orbit should be replaced by the new HUSS Enterprise G2 that HUSS announced a while back ago.

I will be taking my 9 year old daughter for the first time this Wednesday ( I haven't been in about 15 years). She is right at 54" with shoes. She is looking forward to Goliath and Justice League as the first rides as we get there at park open. Couple questions?

1) Which she would head to first? (Goliath or Justice)

2) In general thoughts on how best to attack everything?

I will be taking my 9 year old daughter for the first time this Wednesday ( I haven't been in about 15 years). She is right at 54" with shoes. She is looking forward to Goliath and Justice League as the first rides as we get there at park open. Couple questions?

1) Which she would head to first? (Goliath or Justice)

2) In general thoughts on how best to attack everything?

I would hit Justice League at park open, then Goliath. We did that in June and not only did we get on JL before 10:30, but Goliath was only about a 15 minute wait after it. JL gets very long lines later in the day (over 2 hours), so hitting it first is a great idea.

You will be at the back of the park after Goliath. Rides that get long lines quickly include Superman (but that is at the front of the park) and Raging Bull, though Bull's line generally moves quickly (Superman's doesn't). Some of the other lower capacity rides include Batman: the Dark Knight and Vertical Velocity. So, you will have to decide if you want to just circle the park after Goliath and take your chances on lines, or jump around a bit, if riding everything makes a difference. Going one way, you could hit Eagle, Raging Bull, and Viper after Goliath, or going the other way, you could hit Batman and Vertical Velocity.

Are you getting Flash passes? That would help with lines on some of the lower capacity, busy coasters.

So, did Orbit open today?

The Orbit is closed for the season. So no it did not open today. Also East River Crawler, Jesters Wild Ride and Scenic Railroad all closed for the season. Rumor is Jesters is also being removed and East River Crawler is being relocated to Orbits spot. I don't know why Scenic Railroad is closed for the season though.

Well, I guess ride ops aren't always wrong lol

Obviously, ride ops are not always right (you could probably justifiably say they're not often right), but I think their inability to know anything of value about park operations, is often overblown on enthusiast sites. We had a strong clue about Mean Streak closing in-season this year a couple months ago, due to ride-ops being informed they'd be removed early, and the word spreading. Again, not saying they're always right, but they are certainly not always wrong!

I got some news on some changes that have been made to Viper and Raging Bull. Viper has received some retracting, but I'm not sure sure where though .As for Raging Bull it looks like the park is trying to speed up the operations by limiting the time to storing any loose articles to 30 seconds.

Edited by 9Armgeddon4

I never though of it like that but yeah that's basically whats happening. Goliath is also doing the 30 second rule now too. I hope all the coasters start to do this now because the operations here really need to be improved badly. When I was SFStL on Saturday I could't believe how great the operations were.

I just noticed a few things on the Six Flags website. Rage of the Gargoyles VR starts on the Demon on Saturday, August 13th. If you buy a Rage of the Gargoyles t-shirt, you can ride on Thursday from 3 - 5. Season pass holders and Samsung phone owners can ride Rage of the Gargoyles all day on Friday, August 12.

If you were planning on riding Demon, keep this in mind. Demon will now have a long wait time, just like most of the other coasters. I might try out Rage of the Gargoyles on Friday. It will be my first experience with VR on a coaster.

Well this week is bring a friend half price week for pass holders so I would expect t to be a little busier than normal. That being said I hope you have a good time and I'll be interested in hearing how you like the park compared to your home park.