TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Thanks for the help! What's the difference between the gold and platinum flashpass?

Platinum gives double rides without leaving your seat on all but Goliath, Giant Drop and Vertical Velocity and allows you to reserve Goliath twice in a day. You cannot reserve Goliath with a Gold.

Thanks for the help! What's the difference between the gold and platinum flashpass?

Platinum gives double rides without leaving your seat on all but Goliath, Giant Drop and Vertical Velocity and allows you to reserve Goliath twice in a day. You cannot reserve Goliath with a Gold.

Also Gold is 50% wait time and Platinum is 90% reduced wait time.

That's not true, and not even Six Flags claims that. The claim is "up to 50%" and "up to 90%." It's not a key difference.

That's not true, and not even Six Flags claims that. The claim is "up to 50%" and "up to 90%." It's not a key difference.

All I'm going to say on a BAFF day that it was pretty much instantaneous when choosing a new ride. (So yes, do go with the platinum, it worked out amazing, plus I skipped that Goliath line for Goliath. And choose a new ride right after they scan your qbot for maximum efficiency and ride time.)

To really enjoy this park, you need a Fastpass. Even on a day sure to be less crowded (rainy Sunday afternoon) it's just slammed.

With this in mind I figured I might have to splash out on a Flash Pass on my visit in a few weeks' time.

Except...I'm going on Thursday 19th May and the online store doesn't offer Flash Pass for that date, or indeed any other date in May when the park closes at 1700.

What gives? Do they really not sell Flash Passes on a day when the park is only open for 6.5 hours?

To really enjoy this park, you need a Fastpass. Even on a day sure to be less crowded (rainy Sunday afternoon) it's just slammed.

With this in mind I figured I might have to splash out on a Flash Pass on my visit in a few weeks' time.

Except...I'm going on Thursday 19th May and the online store doesn't offer Flash Pass for that date, or indeed any other date in May when the park closes at 1700.

What gives? Do they really not sell Flash Passes on a day when the park is only open for 6.5 hours?

Not too sure :/ I'm sure you can buy one. I only bought a FP once last year since I visited a couple other times and got rides in before noon. I'd just call them, I'm sure they can give you an answer.

Good news and Bad news. Bad news is that they likely don't have enough staff on a weekday in May to actually make the Flash Pass work.

Good news is that other than school groups the park will be relatively quiet. After 3PM the place should really start to empty out. Those are the best afternoons for rerides during the entire season. Just so you stay ahead of the groups (ride all the coaster with one train op/goliath first you should be fine.

Good news is that other than school groups the park will be relatively quiet. After 3PM the place should really start to empty out. Those are the best afternoons for rerides during the entire season. Just so you stay ahead of the groups (ride all the coaster with one train op/goliath first you should be fine.

Okay, thanks for the info.

I guess I should aim to hit Goliath, Superman and Raging Bull as early as possible. Anyone know which coasters are likely to have one-train ops?

I guess I should aim to hit Goliath, Superman and Raging Bull as early as possible. Anyone know which coasters are likely to have one-train ops?

You should hit up Raging Bull in the afternoon, too. It gets a lot of crap for being kinda slow, but honestly the first drop is one of the best I've experienced and the twister section after the MCBR can be really fun once it warms up.

I'd say focus on Goliath, V2, and Whizzer first since they all are low capacity. If another local wants to trump me, go for it. I've only been in Chicago for a little over a year.

Someone posted the one train ops a few pages back, but the park will have a solid month before your visit, so hopefully they will get the second train on most coasters by then. X-Flight always seems to be late along with Eagle Red. Your plan of Goliath, Superman and V2 are all solid as they are capacity nightmares typically.

Just got back. We arrived late at 10:50 a.m. There was a HUGE line for early entry off to the right.

LIFE HACK: We took the general entrance left of the early entry line. It was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay shorter.

Line were short for the first few hours as people were still trying to get in. Around 12:00 p.m. Goliath was ( 60 ) minute wait according to sign and V2 ( 30 ) minutes. It seemed like the lines were much shorter by American Eagle as evidently a lot of people just started forming lines on rides located near the park entrance.

It was okay. We'll probably go a few hours when they open tomorrow and leave when it gets (if) too busy again.

I'm not sure why I continue to subject myself to opening day. With all the one-train ride-ops and slow dispatches it just gets frustrating.

I used the Discover Card Entry rather than the Gold Pass entry as the line was much shorter. The pass scanner was having issues with the sunlight which slowed down the process though.

I had to go to the Pass Activation Center to get the special offer (mine was for $29.99) Season Dining Pass added to my member card. Glad I went early, just a 20 minute wait. Would have been even shorter but the employee kept trying to sell me a Shopping Pass, Go-Kart Pass or an upgrade to a Gold Dining Pass. Nope, just wanted what I paid for already.

When I left the park, the line for the pass processing center was wrapped around by Grand Music Hall, past Whizzer and all the way back to the railroad overpass where you enter Hometown Square. Those people were in for some serious wait time, probably between two and three hours.

I really wish they could just automatically add things like Season Dining when you order online. They already have your Pass/Member Card number as part of the order, why can't it just automatically be added?

People were still pouring in when I left about about 2pm and the overflow lot had a fair number of cars. It's been awhile since I've seen that many peeps there on opening day.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe they had to add it separately cause it was a special offer price? I ordered the gold season and gold dining pass online for great adventure and when I arrived at the gate both were automatically added to my card when I presented the print out ticket.

Maybe they had to add it separately cause it was a special offer price? I ordered the gold season and gold dining pass online for great adventure and when I arrived at the gate both were automatically added to my card when I presented the print out ticket.

Sometimes I think they like to do things the hard way.

...And for the second year in a row, my parking said "expired" even though my Gold Membership is valid. Another trip to guest services to get that solved when I was back last Sunday. Got a voucher for free season sports bottle for the hassle. Didn't even ask for anything.

The All Season Flash Pass just went live last week. Looks like I will be enjoying the park lavishly this year. Anyone else thinking of buying one?

It's tempting, but probably not this year. Maybe if there was a shiny new 300 foot giga coaster to ride I'd think more about it.

The All Season Flash Pass just went live last week. Looks like I will be enjoying the park lavishly this year. Anyone else thinking of buying one?

Honestly, that's the best way to ensure you'll have a great time every visit! 400+tax, though? I'm not going enough to get the value out of it. I had no idea this was even an option.

I would get one if it worked at all Six Flags parks, but living 6+ hours away from Great America I think I'll pass.

I saw on SFGAm's snapchat today that the ride will open May 28th and found an announcement below:

Published on May 11, 2016

Be the first to experience the world's best new ride!

JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis is an interactive 4D thrill ride that has been voted "Best New Product" by the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions is opening to the world on May 28!