TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Sure is a shame innovative dark rides like Curse of DarKastle, Spider Man, and the likes only stayed around for 2 seasons...

He did say Interactive Dark Rides so Men in Black, Lost Kingdom Adventure, Voyage to the Iron Reef, Every Boo Blaster, Scooby Doo at SFFT, Wonder Mountain Guardian, Toy Story Midway Mania, Buzz Lightyear have all been removed apparently.

Just curious, what is a realistic capacity number for this ride?

Actually, the lines for JLBFM here at SFOT move fairly quickly. I was pleasantly surprised by how

fast the lines move.

Ok... Capacity is the one downside I can find for this... It's a minor concern with an overall good addition though...

Just curious, what is a realistic capacity number for this ride?

Actually, the lines for JLBFM here at SFOT move fairly quickly. I was pleasantly surprised by how

fast the lines move.

The line here at SFSTL moves pretty quick too!

Not really... Probably less than 400 pph.

I'd say the lines for JL will probably be horrendous at SFGAm, especially its first season. 2-3 hours most of the time.

While im glad we're getting a new ride better then what most other parks are getting, I just think an unreliable, low capacity dark ride that will only last for 2 seasons is the last thing our park needs, but oh well. Better then another ignite.

Only last for 2 seasons? What the hell are you talking about? I'm beyond excited to see an innovative dark ride come to the park. The location might not fit, but it's a step in the right direction creative wise for Six Flags.

What I mean is, after a couple seasons I won't be surprised if half the effects stop working especially at a park like SFGAM.

I think a dark ride is a great addition to SFGAm. Many people have been calling for one of these for years now, especially once Space Shuttle America met its demise. I get the worries about capacity, and with Flash Pass/EAP lines in the summer will probably get pretty rough. I do hope they add a dedicated single rider line ala Men In Black at USF, because with 6 person cars there will be plenty of empty seats to fill.

Awesome. My little sister loved the Justice Leauge ride in Texas. Kinda upset it's not a coaster, but it really doesn't matter. I'm sure this is going to be a hit for Great America. And look on the bright side everyone, at least it's not a Larson Looper! (p.s. Dear Six Flags, Larson Looper's are not coasters. Please learn this and stop calling them coasters)

^^ That could be your 2017 addition. I don't think its a far stretch to speculate that SF will put one in all of their parks. SFGAm, SFMM, and SFOT will be the only ones left without a Super Loop. They could be the three for 2017.

^^ That could be your 2017 addition. I don't think its a far stretch to speculate that SF will put one in all of their parks. SFGAm, SFMM, and SFOT will be the only ones left without a Super Loop. They could be the three for 2017.

I don't see SFMM getting a Larson loop. They will receive a new coaster before a Larson loop. Even Six Flags should know that a Larson loop is not fitting for their 20th coaster.

I don't see SFMM getting a Larson loop. They will receive a new coaster before a Larson loop. Even Six Flags should know that a Larson loop is not fitting for their 20th coaster.

Well they could get a Super Loop and it not be marketed as a Coaster, like SFStL. I was so glad to see that!

Man, do I miss Tidalwave and Sky Whirl! Batman was a great replacement for TW of course. Just sad the Sky Whirl spot is such a waste (Buccaneer Battle after Deja Vu). Even caught a glimpse of Davey Jones' Dinghies, the old flying boats. I remember riding those as a little kid. Thanks for that trip down memory lane!

• 2 weeks later...

"Nox is searching for more souls to take down into the depths of hell. If you think you are brave enough you can enter his realm in the Gates of Hell! The Gates of Hell is an experience like no other. This complex will not just be composed of one haunted attraction, no, but six. All these experiences bring you to the House of Torment, Nox’s home.

As you enter the Gates of Hell beware, all vile creatures long to impress their ruler Nox and will stop at nothing to capture the most souls to deliver to him.

You will be lucky to escape with your soul so enter only if you dare."

New fright fest haunted house called the gates of hell. 6 haunted houses in 1???!! I don't know about you guys but i love fright fest and im extremely excited!!