TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Is Goliath extremely low capacity or something? Or is it just that much more popular than everything else in the park? I understand why they don't let all flash pass users reserve the ride (most parks only have their newest attraction on platinum) but it seems crazy that even when paying for the highest upgrade, you still are limited to one or two reservations total.

Is Goliath extremely low capacity or something? Or is it just that much more popular than everything else in the park? I understand why they don't let all flash pass users reserve the ride (most parks only have their newest attraction on platinum) but it seems crazy that even when paying for the highest upgrade, you still are limited to one or two reservations total.

From what I understand its numbers are embarrassingly low. But the flash pass policy is done for all new rides because people would just reserve it over and over and clog up the line.

I think it's a bit of both. Goliath being the park's new hotness + max. capacity of 1,000 people/hour + Six Flags' "amazing" dispatch times = 3 hour lines.

From what I've seen it's the pathetic 5 minute dispatch times combined with the likelihood that it will be running one train for whatever reason.

From what I've seen it's the pathetic 5 minute dispatch times combined with the likelihood that it will be running one train for whatever reason.

This, and a couple other reasons. The trains only hold 24 so it's already a lower capacity ride in that regard. Also, the restraints on the RMC trains are not conducive to quick dispatches once they added seat belts. Even Silver Dollar City has slow-ish dispatches on Outlaw Run and they are known for good ride operations. Once they added the seat belts, the load procedure got a bit more complicated and requires the GP to listen, which causes it's own issues as well. On top of that, the restraints are somewhat unfriendly to larger guests that want to try to fit and hold up the train while the ops try to smash the lap bar down, it's not uncommon for a 3-5 minute dispatch.

Oh six flags... Yeah I was there opening day. First mistake, second it was gorgeous out so everyone came to the park that day. Lastly dispatch is awful for Goliath! I'll give six flags that it was opening day but still! They did get two trains to run when I waited at around closing but I still waited two hours. It was two hours well spent! Love the ride but seriously six flags, get your act together! As for Platinum, it's your best bet if you want to spend the money. Goliath is a must when you go!

What would lines for Goliath be like on a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday in June? (best guess)

Beware June 3-5 and June 8-12 as those are the season passholder bring a friend free days and you should be prepared to wait an hour for a burger those days.

Sorry with all the questions, but one more. Should I buy a flash pass ahead of time to be safe or are they usually not sold out, cause in that case I would judge the lines before I buy. (again, I will go on a Mon,Tue, or Wed)

I wouldn't buy one more than a couple days ahead of time. If the weather forecast is beautiful and it's a bring a friend free day, the flash passes could sell out, but they usually don't.

I got a question to ask. I'm going tomorrow for the fist time this year and was wondering if I can use any of the season pass discounts after I get my pass processed? I would like to use the bring a friend for $19.76 discount tomorrow.

I got a question to ask. I'm going tomorrow for the fist time this year and was wondering if I can use any of the season pass discounts after I get my pass processed? I would like to use the bring a friend for $19.76 discount tomorrow.

I would call the park. You get your pass processed as you enter the gates. Just like you're normally going into the park, they scan your fingerprint and print your card in less than 30 seconds. Also, you have the buy the 19.76 discount online and only online. So I'd call the park so you don't get screwed out of 50 bucks.

Bless you, good luck at the park.

If you haven't noticed, Great America has a Gold Pass entrance. Today, they let us in the park at 9:30. Everyone else is still waiting to get in.

They hold back the crowd near the carousel. They are going to walk us back to Goliath at 10:00. This will be the standard process from now on.

If you haven't noticed, Great America has a Gold Pass entrance. Today, they let us in the park at 9:30. Everyone else is still waiting to get in.

They hold back the crowd near the carousel. They are going to walk us back to Goliath at 10:00. This will be the standard process from now on.

Is it the same entrance as the discovery card entrance?

Is it the same entrance as the discovery card entrance?

At least when I was there a few weeks ago, it was on the other side of the entrance plaza from the Discover Card entrance.

^ You just made my day. Hearing the horror stories of Goliath's load times I was worried but if I get free early access and a walkback I'm all set for my visit in two weeks.

On Monday, they did not let the Gold Pass line in early. They did not walk us back to Goliath. From what I heard, this is because SFGAm was closing early.

When SFGAm is open until 9:00 PM or later, I think they will walk everyone back to Goliath. When the park closes early, they will just let everyone run to Goliath.

Hey guys, I know that I've asked these types of questions before, but our trip is coming really close so I want to make sure we've got a good plan.

We're most going on a Tuesday in early June, how are crowds on Tuesday, and when do the local schools get off?

I know to get on Goliath ASAP, after that should we go to American Eagle, X-Flight, Raging Bull, Whizzer? Or should we go Goliath, Batman, Superman, then go to the back of the park again? What's the best way to go about the park, avoiding as many lines as possible.

Also, how does SFGAm do in inclement weather?

^Normally the crowds on weekdays are not to bad, so you should be fine. Most of the local schools (CPS) get off on June 19. The best plan should be to arrive at the park early - around 9:30 so you can get in early and secure an early ride on Goliath with little wait. After that, I would go to Raging Bull as that usually gets a long line later. Next, hit up the attractions in the surrounding area, because lines for X-flight and Batman never get too long.

Oh, and the park's coasters stay open in gentle rain. Hope for some rain because we went to the park this weekend and the rain cleared out the crowds and we had an AWESOME time - we got six rides on Goliath.

Well, have a good visit!!

The best plan should be to arrive at the park early - around 9:30 so you can get in early and secure an early ride on Goliath with little wait.

Can we still get in early, even though we don't have season passes?

Thanks for the info!