TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

I remember being at the park last and while I was waiting in the station on X- Flight (It was down) I noticed that one of the Raging Bull trains was stuck on the MCBR with riders on it, but I don't think it was down because a few minutes after the train started to move again I noticed the blue train was now running. So they must of stopped the train so they could add the blue train. I had no idea the train could be stopped (or get stuck) on the MCBR. Does anyone else remember seeing this?

From what I heard Goliath did open yesterday but with the orange train only.

Was out at the park this afternoon... Very light crowds.... Everything was a walk-on except for Goliath... Goliath was 45 min, even during the Season Pass ERT.... Got to ride in fog for the 1st time... Pretty cool experience on Giant Drop....

Was out at the park this afternoon... Very light crowds.... Everything was a walk-on except for Goliath... Goliath was 45 min, even during the Season Pass ERT.... Got to ride in fog for the 1st time... Pretty cool experience on Giant Drop....

Little Dipper also had a line as well.

Apparently, Goliath is closed today as the red train valleyed in the turnaround before the break run. It looks like this was during testing as no one was on the train. That's...not great.

Maybe it's a good thing that they never got around to building the second half of the ride.

*ducks*

I will make my first trip to this park this summer and I have a few questions.

On goliath you can get one reservation for the day, is that for one person or everyone in your group using the flashpass?

Can you have two or more reservations going at once?

Do any other rides have limited reservations?

If you are in a group do you get one flash pass or does everyone get individual flash passes.

I heard you have to leave your "state drivers license" behind to get your flash pass. This might sound dumb, but does "state drivers license" mean an Illinois drivers license, or just any U.S. drivers license? (I am from Minnesota).

On goliath you can get one reservation for the day, is that for one person or everyone in your group using the flashpass?

If you are in a group do you get one flash pass or does everyone get individual flash passes.

I heard you have to leave your "state drivers license" behind to get your flash pass. This might sound dumb, but does "state drivers license" mean an Illinois drivers license, or just any U.S. drivers license? (I am from Minnesota).

Your group will be considered as a whole... You all will have the same reservation times... That means you only get one reservation at a time... Your group will get one reservation on Goliath... No other rides are limited on the amount of times you can use the Flash Pass... YOU'll be fine with an out of state license... It's just a clunky way to word things...

Your group will be considered as a whole... You all will have the same reservation times... That means you only get one reservation at a time... Your group will get one reservation on Goliath... No other rides are limited on the amount of times you can use the Flash Pass... YOU'll be fine with an out of state license... It's just a clunky way to word things...

Thank you for the help

^ FYI, mid way through last season, Great America added another reservation for Goliath for Platinum Flash Passers allowing a group to reserve up to 2 rides throughout the day. Not sure if that is the case last year, but they added it at the park without changing the website last year, so I'd say that there's a good chance.

Is Goliath extremely low capacity or something? Or is it just that much more popular than everything else in the park? I understand why they don't let all flash pass users reserve the ride (most parks only have their newest attraction on platinum) but it seems crazy that even when paying for the highest upgrade, you still are limited to one or two reservations total.

Is Goliath extremely low capacity or something? Or is it just that much more popular than everything else in the park? I understand why they don't let all flash pass users reserve the ride (most parks only have their newest attraction on platinum) but it seems crazy that even when paying for the highest upgrade, you still are limited to one or two reservations total.

From what I understand its numbers are embarrassingly low. But the flash pass policy is done for all new rides because people would just reserve it over and over and clog up the line.

I think it's a bit of both. Goliath being the park's new hotness + max. capacity of 1,000 people/hour + Six Flags' "amazing" dispatch times = 3 hour lines.

From what I've seen it's the pathetic 5 minute dispatch times combined with the likelihood that it will be running one train for whatever reason.

From what I've seen it's the pathetic 5 minute dispatch times combined with the likelihood that it will be running one train for whatever reason.

This, and a couple other reasons. The trains only hold 24 so it's already a lower capacity ride in that regard. Also, the restraints on the RMC trains are not conducive to quick dispatches once they added seat belts. Even Silver Dollar City has slow-ish dispatches on Outlaw Run and they are known for good ride operations. Once they added the seat belts, the load procedure got a bit more complicated and requires the GP to listen, which causes it's own issues as well. On top of that, the restraints are somewhat unfriendly to larger guests that want to try to fit and hold up the train while the ops try to smash the lap bar down, it's not uncommon for a 3-5 minute dispatch.

Oh six flags... Yeah I was there opening day. First mistake, second it was gorgeous out so everyone came to the park that day. Lastly dispatch is awful for Goliath! I'll give six flags that it was opening day but still! They did get two trains to run when I waited at around closing but I still waited two hours. It was two hours well spent! Love the ride but seriously six flags, get your act together! As for Platinum, it's your best bet if you want to spend the money. Goliath is a must when you go!

What would lines for Goliath be like on a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday in June? (best guess)

Beware June 3-5 and June 8-12 as those are the season passholder bring a friend free days and you should be prepared to wait an hour for a burger those days.

Sorry with all the questions, but one more. Should I buy a flash pass ahead of time to be safe or are they usually not sold out, cause in that case I would judge the lines before I buy. (again, I will go on a Mon,Tue, or Wed)

I wouldn't buy one more than a couple days ahead of time. If the weather forecast is beautiful and it's a bring a friend free day, the flash passes could sell out, but they usually don't.