TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

^Lord, how similar the California and Illinois Great Americas used to be. I do miss "ZEE TIDAL WAVE!"

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm divided when it comes to COVID.  If a state is going to have restrictions, at least do it right. Illinois is allowing water parks because the chemicals in the water have been found to kill CO

I’m so ready for these totally arbitrary and nonsensical covid rules to be over.  So a waterpark with no masks was fine all summer but they can’t run a coaster Or a Scrambler with a bunch of empt

Just like at Over Texas, I think that Great America may have leaked its plans for 2021! 🤯🤯🤯

Posted Images

I got question to ask about the buy 4+ regular season passes and get a season parking pass. Where do I have to buy the passes? SFGAm website, at the park or at any Jewel (where I normally buy my pass)?

I got question to ask about the buy 4+ regular season passes and get a season parking pass. Where do I have to buy the passes? SFGAm website, at the park or at any Jewel (where I normally buy my pass)?

Online any time or at the park during normal park operating hours, if they are still offering the deal when the park opens. I would just buy them online. I am not sure if you can buy them at Jewel.

Did anyone else buy the Xtreme Pass in 2012? I did and it was horribly implemented, but since they moved to a more paperless system, they could try selling it again but use a paperless system for the "skip the line" pass instead of making passholders wait a half hour in line at the guest relations booth to receive their paper skip the line pass. I would give it another shot if they fixed that issue. Any thoughts?

^Lord, how similar the California and Illinois Great Americas used to be. I do miss "ZEE TIDAL WAVE!"
Truth! The parks really were pretty identical back in the day. Gurnee is still way closer to it's original roots than Santa Clara. The California park is a shadow of it's former, original self. I hope Six Flags leaves Gurnee in tact.

Those were some great pics the Tribune posted. I was just as Magic Mountain this past week and spent a lot of time on Viper reliving my younger days riding Shockwave when it was new. I really wish they could have tamed Shockwave somehow. That's still my favorite lost ride from Great America. The Edge too. Loud, noisy and pretty scary for its day. There are much taller and better drop towers of course, but I will always have a soft spot for those original Intamin Free Falls.

I know I haven't been on TPR for a while (don't judge me I am a busy man...) but with the ZEE TIDAL WAVE posts, is this a new rumour now that Tidal Wave may come back one day?

I know I haven't been on TPR for a while (don't judge me I am a busy man...) but with the ZEE TIDAL WAVE posts, is this a new rumour now that Tidal Wave may come back one day?

Nope--sorry.

Truth! The parks really were pretty identical back in the day. Gurnee is still way closer to it's original roots than Santa Clara. The California park is a shadow of it's former, original self. I hope Six Flags leaves Gurnee in tact.

Those were some great pics the Tribune posted. I was just as Magic Mountain this past week and spent a lot of time on Viper reliving my younger days riding Shockwave when it was new. I really wish they could have tamed Shockwave somehow. That's still my favorite lost ride from Great America. The Edge too. Loud, noisy and pretty scary for its day. There are much taller and better drop towers of course, but I will always have a soft spot for those original Intamin Free Falls.

Sky Whirl is the ride I miss the most.

Is anyone interested in carpooling from Chicago to Great America this season? The dates have yet to be worked out. We will also be going to other Six Flags & Cedar Fair parks. We have free parking at all Six Flags & Cedar Fair parks. PM me if interested.

I have plans to visit the park this summer, and I was wondering: I have never been to a six flags park before and does this park have any fast pass or fast lane system? Answers appreciated!

Yes they do. They all do. It's called the Flash Pass.

https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/store/flash-pass

I have plans to visit the park this summer, and I was wondering: I have never been to a six flags park before and does this park have any fast pass or fast lane system? Answers appreciated!

Yes yes yes, and you want it. Badly. I got the platinum pass last summer, and it was worth every penny. $110 last year (I don't know about pricing this year), but it will make your day. I rode more coasters than I have ever ridden in any one day ever, and the double rides on everything are AWESOME. Invest in the platinum pass, please. You will not be disappointed.

^

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it was in County Fair across the midway from Demon, where Buccaneer Battle is now.

I was just wondering if someone can help me out with some park history. I know Goliah is where Iron Wolf stood, and SUF is where Shockwave was, where was Deja Vu located?? Is it where X-Flight stands now??

X-Flight occupies the former site of Splashwater Falls...

I was just wondering if someone can help me out with some park history. I know Goliah is where Iron Wolf stood, and SUF is where Shockwave was, where was Deja Vu located?? Is it where X-Flight stands now??

Goliath is in Z-Force/Iron Wolf's former location.

Batman: The Ride is in Tidal Wave's former location.

Superman: Ultimate Flight is in Shockwave's former location.

X-Flight is in Splashwater Falls/Great America Raceway's former location.

Buccaneer Battle is in DejaVu/Sky Whirl/Haybaler's former location.