TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

I was looking to take a trip down to Great America to take a day off from my internship, and I just wanted to see if there was any news about the single rider line on Goliath, since I thought I had read that it wasn't being used at first. Was it up and running? And is the wait less time than the normal line?

I'm looking forward to taking my first spins on a Rocky Mountain coaster. Yeehaw!

From reading elsewhere, it doesn't sound like there truly is one. I know there was nothing signed for it when I was there and reports have varied since then. There were some reports that once you got to the point in the queue where the Flashpass gate is they were sending single riders up the stairs from there but you still have to wait in the full queue. Seems like more urban legend than fact that such a line even exists.

And then today I find out they WERE handing out Single Rider passes, but they weren't being consistent about how they were handling them. One time through they send you up the Flashpass line. The next time you have to wait through the whole queue and then give your card to the grouper at the top of the stairs. I wish they would figure out what they want to do.

I rode Goliath 5 times back-to-back today using their single rider line. They handed me a pass each time at the entrance and it was collected by the grouper. My 6th time, I was instructed to wait through the overflow queue before receiving a single rider pass. This doesn't make sense... why am I waiting in half the line while watching trains go out empty? I thought single rider lines were there to maximize capacity. It's a confusing system, I wish they would just stick with using the Flash Pass entrance.

I obviously can't tell you what they are thinking, but it could be that other guests waiting in a line for an hour or two get upset when they see somebody riding 5 times back-to-back (even if that person riding 5 times back-to-back didn't make their line any longer). Even if it seems dumb to you, the park has to balance the enjoyment and fairness to all guests.

On a related note, it could be that they have a vested interest in not making it easy to keep riding, because they want you to buy a Flash Pass. They might not want to give anybody ideas.

Does the single rider line mean that they assign seats? Some parks just fill in the gaps and not allow you to choose.

How else would you go about filling in empty seats if you weren't told where to go?

That's why they should be on every ride. Every time I ride Millemum Force at Cedar Point they always have to delay the train just so they can get a single rider.

So for instance if I want to sit in the back, I have to wait in the normal line right?

You may get lucky in the "single rider line" and get the seat you want, but it's just wherever there's an empty seat at after they load all the other passengers on so you don't really get to choose.

Many times when I visited a park by my own lonesome and there is a ride that features a SINGLE RIDERS LINE, then I have this attitude of " I don't care where I sit or with whom I sit with because I don't have to wait that long in line to ride." As for coasterkid124's query - if you want to sit in the back, then yes you must wait in the normal line with everyone else. In the single rider's line, you sit where the ride attendant tells you to sit and act happier than a pickle in a salad bar.

To me, if the SINGLE RIDERS LINE is open, and knowing that this will be my first ever ride on a RMC, then I don't care where I sit because any seat is better than no seat on Goliath.

How do you like them pickles at a salad bar?

I rode Goliath 5 times back-to-back today using their single rider line. They handed me a pass each time at the entrance and it was collected by the grouper. My 6th time, I was instructed to wait through the overflow queue before receiving a single rider pass. This doesn't make sense... why am I waiting in half the line while watching trains go out empty? I thought single rider lines were there to maximize capacity. It's a confusing system, I wish they would just stick with using the Flash Pass entrance.

I obviously can't tell you what they are thinking, but it could be that other guests waiting in a line for an hour or two get upset when they see somebody riding 5 times back-to-back (even if that person riding 5 times back-to-back didn't make their line any longer). Even if it seems dumb to you, the park has to balance the enjoyment and fairness to all guests.

On a related note, it could be that they have a vested interest in not making it easy to keep riding, because they want you to buy a Flash Pass. They might not want to give anybody ideas.

Really? Those people can go in single rider line if they want to. They choose to wait longer, sorry if someone who is taking advantage of a totally fair perk gets to go more often. This is a terrible excuse, if that's what Six Flags is thinking theyre even more poorly-run than I thought.

Hey everyone!

My family is planning a trip to the Dells and are planning on stopping at Great America either on Monday the 21st or Friday the 25th. We wanted to know which day would be the least crowded. We may be forced to go on Monday anyway, so hopefully the crowds won't be too harsh then. We are thinking about getting Gold or Regular Flash Passes, and using our Gold passes to enter the park early. That way we can rush to Goliath and ride until lines get long, and then pick up the Flash Passes and use that the rest of the day. Is this a good plan or will we not need the Flash Passes?

Hey everyone!

My family is planning a trip to the Dells and are planning on stopping at Great America either on Monday the 21st or Friday the 25th. We wanted to know which day would be the least crowded.

By all means any Monday should be better than any Friday.

rush to Goliath and ride until lines get long

So, one ride then...

Just a warning for those visiting the park this summer on a weekend or weekday, get there at least 40 minutes before the park opens at 10:30 otherwise you're in for a long wait for Goliath. Ever since the ride opened, they let people into the park about 30 minutes early to head on over to Goliath and wait in line until the clock hits 10:30 and the rides officially open. Although, yesterday they started operating Goliath 10 minutes (10:20) before the park actually opened to get the line moving. Not sure if they've been opening the ride early the last couple weeks as well since I've only been there a couple times since Goliath opened. Yesterday was a Wednesday and the entire queue including most of the overflow queue block in the County Fair midway was filled up (at least a 2+ hour wait) before the park technically opened at 10:30.

After riding it a couple times in a couple different places, I have to say that every part of the train is thrilling and very smooth. I know Goliath is brand new and uses polyurethane wheels and Outlaw Run uses steel wheels and had been operating over a year when I rode it, but Goliath is noticeably smoother. Although, OR is more out of control so that is expected. Not calling OR rough in anyway as it may be the 2nd smoothest wooden coaster on the planet right now, but Goliath is a bit more re-ridable and comfortable. With that said, OR still beats it out but Goliath is the best possible coaster that could've been added to that narrow plot of land at the back of the park that Iron Wolf once occupied. I applaud you RMC and Six Flags Great America. Well done.

I have a situation and could anyone give me some more info on it

When I was living in NJ, I bought a season pass online via the Six Flags Great Adventure website. I paid for it, printed out the voucher but never had a chance to go to Six Flags to process the voucher and get my Season Pass card/ID.

Now that I just moved to Chicago, can I use my printed voucher and get the Season Pass card at the SF Great America?

Reason that I asked is because on the voucher, the instructions say the following:

"You must show a photo ID matching the name on voucher (except young children)

Season Pass provides unlimited visits to Six Flags Great Adventure or Six Flags, Hurricane Harbor NJ. After processing at Six Flags Great Adventure or Six Flags Hurricane Harbor NJ, your ID can be used at other Six Flags Theme Parks.

In-park discounts and free admission for friends (on select days) will be available on your first visit in 2014."

I don't know if they would be able to scan my voucher (which I got from SF Great Adventure), process it, and give me a Season Pass card at SF Great America. Obviously I don't want them to say that they can't do it here and I need to do it back in NJ .

So now that the ride has been open a few weeks, how exactly does the single rider line work? (or not work if the case may be.) And is it consistently open?

Edited by robbalvey

Still doesn't really answer my question of how the single rider line actually works. Where do you even go to get into it?

I believe some who have asked have entered through the flash pass line. I asked yesterday and the attendant at the entrance of the ride said he had no knowledge of a single rider line and everyone must wait in the regular queue.

Still doesn't really answer my question of how the single rider line actually works. Where do you even go to get into it?

When there "is" a single rider line, you go through the Flash Pass Entrance. But there is no consistency in when they offer this line, and many employees don't seem trained enough to give a valid answer.

I have a situation and could anyone give me some more info on it

When I was living in NJ, I bought a season pass online via the Six Flags Great Adventure website. I paid for it, printed out the voucher but never had a chance to go to Six Flags to process the voucher and get my Season Pass card/ID.

Now that I just moved to Chicago, can I use my printed voucher and get the Season Pass card at the SF Great America?

Reason that I asked is because on the voucher, the instructions say the following:

"You must show a photo ID matching the name on voucher (except young children)

Season Pass provides unlimited visits to Six Flags Great Adventure or Six Flags, Hurricane Harbor NJ. After processing at Six Flags Great Adventure or Six Flags Hurricane Harbor NJ, your ID can be used at other Six Flags Theme Parks.

In-park discounts and free admission for friends (on select days) will be available on your first visit in 2014."

I don't know if they would be able to scan my voucher (which I got from SF Great Adventure), process it, and give me a Season Pass card at SF Great America. Obviously I don't want them to say that they can't do it here and I need to do it back in NJ .

Season passes are different prices at different parks. The perks are also park exclusive and not transferable. Unfortunately you will need to go back to NJ to get your SFGAd pass processed and then you can visit other parks, just like you already mentioned.