TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

It wasn't until the last day or two that it really clicked with me just how intimidating the steel structure will be. And the drop is looking amazing. Also, I love how it blends with the wood structure so well--is it painted or weathered at all, or just purposely bare? I usually hate the look of yet-to-be-painted coaster steel, but this is perfect!

It wasn't until the last day or two that it really clicked with me just how intimidating the steel structure will be. And the drop is looking amazing. Also, I love how it blends with the wood structure so well--is it painted or weathered at all, or just purposely bare? I usually hate the look of yet-to-be-painted coaster steel, but this is perfect!

I think it was painted a dark brown back in Idaho (or wherever it was manufactured) but I'm not 100% positive.

It wasn't until the last day or two that it really clicked with me just how intimidating the steel structure will be.

I'm not sure - I thought the same thing after seeing Skyrush under construction but it wasn't really intimidating once I sat down in the seat.

It wasn't until the last day or two that it really clicked with me just how intimidating the steel structure will be.

I'm not sure - I thought the same thing after seeing Skyrush under construction but it wasn't really intimidating once I sat down in the seat.

I actually thought Skyrush (unlike most coasters, for me) look taller in person than in the pictures and videos.

Anyway, looks good. I'm one of those people that would have rather had a traditional wooden lift structure but I'm fine with this one, and I'm sure that its awesomeness will make up for that.

I actually thought Skyrush (unlike most coasters, for me) look taller in person than in the pictures and videos.

Anyway, looks good. I'm one of those people that would have rather had a traditional wooden lift structure but I'm fine with this one, and I'm sure that its awesomeness will make up for that.

I think the thing that makes Goliath intimidating is the thin beams that make up the lift structure. That is one thing Skyrush does not have - Skyrush is more of a thick beam.

Also, I love how it blends with the wood structure so well--is it painted or weathered at all, or just purposely bare? I usually hate the look of yet-to-be-painted coaster steel, but this is perfect!

I think it was painted a dark brown back in Idaho (or wherever it was manufactured) but I'm not 100% positive.

Glad I asked! I didn't notice anyone talking about it, and my eyes just weren't telling me the difference. But whatever they did, I think it was the right choice.