TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

According to a scanner thread I subscribe to on FB, there is a structure fire at SFGAm, possibly an electrical building. Fully involved fire. Apparently a majority of the the fire is out, but the firemen are entering the music hall (Grand Music Hall I assume) to check for exposure. If anyone finds anything else out, please share.

Edited by ilrider

According to a scanner thread I subscribe to on FB, there is a structure fire at SFGAm, possibly an electrical building. Apparently a majority of the the fire is out, but the firemen are entering the music hall (Grand Music Hall I assume) to check for exposure. If anyone finds anything else out, please share.

What is the name of the scanner thread?

You kinda have to wonder if other wooden coaster manufacuturers have taken note of what RMC is doing and if they're making strides to catch up

Well there's Hades 360...

^They almost always leave the cranes up overnight, they usually stop work around 5pm, but start around 7 am. You can tell by the amount of cars in the lot as well.

It's fascinating to see how construction threads have gradually taken on a creeper-esque kind of vibe over the years.

(I kid )

I can imagine this will be a major breakthrough for SFGAm as they should recieve much more attention from the general public when it opens in late May... (Sigh) This could very well become the biggest park in the chain ( If its not already) because let's face it, MM and GAdv only have a large roller coaster collection and nothing else in the park, or 2 big coasters and nothing else worth mentioning in the park.

I can imagine this will be a major breakthrough for SFGAm as they should recieve much more attention from the general public when it opens in late May... (Sigh) This could very well become the biggest park in the chain ( If its not already) because let's face it, MM and GAdv only have a large roller coaster collection and nothing else in the park, or 2 big coasters and nothing else worth mentioning in the park.

Lex Luther Drop of Doom

Lex Luther Drop of Doom

Right, as well as Kilomanjaro Drop of Doom.