TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

^They almost always leave the cranes up overnight, they usually stop work around 5pm, but start around 7 am. You can tell by the amount of cars in the lot as well.

It's fascinating to see how construction threads have gradually taken on a creeper-esque kind of vibe over the years.

(I kid )

I can imagine this will be a major breakthrough for SFGAm as they should recieve much more attention from the general public when it opens in late May... (Sigh) This could very well become the biggest park in the chain ( If its not already) because let's face it, MM and GAdv only have a large roller coaster collection and nothing else in the park, or 2 big coasters and nothing else worth mentioning in the park.

I can imagine this will be a major breakthrough for SFGAm as they should recieve much more attention from the general public when it opens in late May... (Sigh) This could very well become the biggest park in the chain ( If its not already) because let's face it, MM and GAdv only have a large roller coaster collection and nothing else in the park, or 2 big coasters and nothing else worth mentioning in the park.

Lex Luther Drop of Doom

Lex Luther Drop of Doom

Right, as well as Kilomanjaro Drop of Doom.

This thing just looks fantastic, cant wait for the day I get to ride it.

But may 24th is about 6 weeks away, and it looks like they have quite a lot to do. I mean first they have to get the lift hill up, finish the track, station, and a lot of testing. But I know this winter hasn't been easy for them, building such a large ride.

I remember Iron Rattler was opened pretty late as well. Don't worry! It's not like this is Vliegende Hollander.

I'll give you an A for effort, but a better coaster to make that joke about would have been Flying Turns...

I remember Iron Rattler was opened pretty late as well. Don't worry! It's not like this is Vliegende Hollander.

I'll give you an A for effort, but a better coaster to make that joke about would have been Flying Turns...

Or Orphan Rocker.

Sometimes you've gotta think outside of the box, guys!

I think you're forgetting Safari Off Road Adventure which has 3+ hour waits on a regular basis and seems to be the most popular ride at Great Adventure.