TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

^There are so many coasters that would benefit from RMC. But the technology is still new, so it's good to wait a few years until they can see how everything holds up*. I'm wondering what happens to the composite material in the steel tubes? Does it crack in places or shrink/expand?

*I bet (and HOPE!) Cedar Fair is keeping a close eye on this.

RMC fills the steel topper track part with non-shrink concrete so it won't crack or shrink in anyway.

^Sometimes results are different than expectations, over time. I'm thinking of all those years (late 80s into the 90s) when we were getting plenty of awesome new coasters from Dinn, and then Custom. Most of them kicked butt for a year or two, then fell apart or were neutered.

Heck, Iron Wolf was smooth and awesome for a while...

Either way, the RMC rides are getting dynamite reviews.

*I bet (and HOPE!) Cedar Fair is keeping a close eye on this.

I know it's been said many times but I can not think of a ride that would benefit more from an RMC renovation than Mean Streak. It has no classic status to maintain, and is so tall and so big that they have to break the hell out of it keeping it dull and airtime free, making it a massive waste of real estate.

Of course, I feel their renovated coasters are kind of ugly (!) and would rather they just knock it down and build a beautiful, innovative new coaster from scratch. But I know cost is a concern.

^ I do not agree that the renovated projects are ugly, but I do agree that a new Coaster or even two in the area Mean Streak is in would be a welcome addition. Especially if RMC were still to be involved.

*My apologies for the Cedar Point reference in the SFGAm thread....just wanted to make the relevant point.

Of course, I feel their renovated coasters are kind of ugly (!) and would rather they just knock it down and build a beautiful, innovative new coaster from scratch. But I know cost is a concern.

I would rather a ride "look foul but feel fair," rather than the other way around. Mean Streak is a nice-looking ride that is very foul of temper.

But to get back to Great America, I'm really looking forward to riding Goliath next year. Great America is one of Six Flags' better parks, and this ride should kick it up to yet another level.

Not sure if you guys saw the contest SFGAm is hosting on their Facebook, but they are looking for a "Goliath Insider" to update their YouTube channel all winter long. Here is my video entry, thank you for your support! Vote for SCOTT SCHAFFER as your Goliath Insider!

I voted for you, Scotty. You are the in the lead with votes right now, so you have good chances of winning and, hopefully, you do win.