TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Rearranging my plans to make sure I get on this next year. I retract my statement above.....We're in a "Golden Age" of incredibly high quality rides.

I'd love to see what RMC would do with a terrain coaster like Boulder Dash. I know Outlaw Run is a terrain coaster, but not in the same way as Boulder Dash.

I cannot begin to express how excited I am for this ride. I fell in love with RMC's work after my first lap around Outlaw Run, and if this thing is even half of what Outlaw Run is, we're in for a treat. I do not foresee the length being a problem at all, its all about the pacing. Look at B&M inverts, I think Batman is a superior product than Raptor, because the pacing is right on Batman. The same can be said about other rides like X Flight and Gate Keeper. I think the name Goliath is solid for a monster like this one, as its not even used anywhere geographically near Great America. The elements look absolutely insane, and I am confident this ride will track even better than we can imagine. I found Outlaw's trains to be comfortable and accommodating, and I imagine these trains will be too. Is it Summer 2014 yet?

Wow. The first drop looks like a wood version of Skyrush.

Dive Loops are one of my favorite elements. And the upside down element just after the dive loop looks surreal - inverted airtime!

My only complaint is the queue to get on this thing is going to be extremely long. I've only been to SFGam twice, both on school days, and the lines were ridiculous. The second time I had a flash pass which made re-rides possible.

Looks like RMC is systematically going around the Six Flags chain and fixing their coasters, perhaps the Roars will be on their list of fixes. At least Colossus is rideable although not that exciting.

FYI - TPR WILL have a tour to SFGAm next year!

Goliath looks like a great coaster, and more then enough reason for me to get back to SFGAm. I was actually already looking at flights and parks near SFGAm to make a mini trip. So I'm glad to hear TPR will be going back so soon for a tour.

Edited by Mrlittle

Awesome that there will be a SFGAm TPR trip!! Hopefully I'll be able to make it up there, even if it's just for that day!.

I haven't been on an RMC yet, it's pretty awesome the first one I will get on will be in my home park, I'm super excited! I can't wait for Goliath's opening day, I can already feel the sickness coming on that will cause me to miss work that day.

As already mentioned, if you get to the park before opening and make Goliath your first ride of the day, the wait will be under 30 minutes no problem.

SFGAm have potentially the best wood coaster on earth coming in 2014, here's hoping they don't trim the life out of it like Rageless Bull.

Chicago is always a cool city to visit, so now I have an incetive to go to SFGAm as well.

When Outlaw Run was announced last year, I was skeptical of the ride and thought it looked gimmicky. However, that ride has gotten nothing but positive reception. While my preference is still for more traditional wooden coasters (at least until I actually get to ride a Rocky Mountain), Goliath looks spectacular, possibly better than Outlaw Run (although that would really depend on how it runs). Until today, Banshee was my pick for best 2013 coaster, but Goliath definitely looks like the better ride.

FYI - TPR WILL have a tour to SFGAm next year!

Unless there's a really appealing European trip (Scandi would probably be out of my budget) I think I'll shoot for this next year. Not saying this is what the trip should necessarily be, but I was playing around with Google maps the other day and based on the various 2014 announcements an Atlanta to Chicago trip (with a detour to Kings Island) looked like it could make a great line-up.

Edited by rcdude

This is awesome!! I rode all 3 RMCs this year, loved them all, and Six Flags Great America is currently my favorite Six Flags park that I've visited. So the news that my favorite Six Flags park is getting a crazy RMC is nothing but good news to me.