TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Well, I have decided to officially announce that I am calling off my "hunger strike". I will for sure be hitting up Six Flags next summer so I can hit these. Odds are I will also end my hunger strike on the flash pass there. This ride looks awesome.

OMFG OMFG OMFG! People seriously! Do you SEE this ride?! This is beyond impressive and sick! If you have ACTUALLY RIDDEN Outlaw Run then you should be nothing but excited for this thing! Seriously RMC! a Inverted Zero-G Stall! How the F*@% do you think of this stuff?! Not only are they doing all of this with wood but they are also creating new and exciting elements! It's like a breath of fresh air in a land of cookie cutter forceless B&M's. I haven't been this excited for the future of the industry in a long time! Don't forget how awesome Medusa looks too! That first drop! OMG! Honestly if this ride isn't enough to excite you and make you go WOW then I think nothing will please you! And seriously the name, WHO CARES! THANK YOU RMC! THANK YOU SIX FLAGS!

For those concerned about length (hehe), get over it. It's not the length of the layout, but what it throws at you. Having now ridden outlaw run I can tell you that this ride will feel a lot longer riding it in person than it does in the POV.

Outlaw Run just throws everything it can at you from beginning to end and this looks like it will do the same thing. Once you go down that drop all perception of time will drift away and you will just enjoy the ride.

Doug "it's long enough" Mandell

The POV literally blew my mind. There is a lot going on with this ride for the small space it's going to fit in. That zero-G roll part has me particularly excited as I can just imagine the hang time through it. Glad I'm only seven hours away.

I also like the logo - definitely stands out from the other Goliaths.

I think it will be a very fun ride but I feel it is too short it just ends so abruptly.

The announcement isn't even 3 hours old and here comes all the complaints.

Wow... I wish my local park had a future 5 star coaster to complain about... After riding Outlaw Run five times on Tuesday, I honestly wouldn't WANT it to be any longer. With elements as extreme as RMC provides, I think short and sweet works best.

Is anyone else really impressed with the SOLID line-up that SFGAm has?

I have never said "what." so many times when watching a roller coaster announcement teaser video. I can't even begin to describe how ridiculous this looks. This is some seriously high caliber coaster. It is not too short, for the amount of "OMGWTFBBQ" that's going on in that space, my first impression was that it actually looked really long. I cannot even contain my moisture right now.

Looks great! The zero-g stall seems like it will be amazing...a tad short, but should pack a punch.

I do find it funny that the CG ride animations this year are very sparse...looks like it was done in No Limits or something as opposed to the really professional ones where you can see the park and all that.

This is a-mAz-ing! I love everything about it already, even it's length. It's going to make people want to get off and get on again. They will also be able to keep the line moving due to its length. I love it! Great choice for this park. Great America needed something to push the limits a little more and finally they have something. This will definitely change the skyline. I am so happy for the park! WOW! Also I noticed that unlike Great Adventure, Great America does not mention the removal of Rajin' Cajun... Could SFA be getting a copy.

I just left the groundbreaking ceremony. It's amazing the size of the area that Iron Wolf left behind. During the ceremony they released a balloon into the area tied to a 165 foot string. Looking up at that balloon was incredibly; everything came into perspective and I began to truly appreciate the scale of this ride. This is a monumentous occassion.