TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

^That is an awesome picture, I just wish the train wasn't so blurry

So if all of these things are true that people are finding in the videos... this is going to seriously be the best addition at SFGAm in 14 years, maybe even of all time depending on what the coaster is like. I don't want to hop on the bandwagon in case that we got it wrong but it seems like everything lines up so perfect. I hope they don't pick Goliath for a name... anyone else heard other ideas for a possible name?

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m so ready for these totally arbitrary and nonsensical covid rules to be over.  So a waterpark with no masks was fine all summer but they can’t run a coaster Or a Scrambler with a bunch of empt

This is life in Illinois. We're everything that's wrong with California, without the view.

Posted Images

^I agree that it has the potential to be the best addition to SFGAm ever, especially if it's anything like Outlaw Run or even better. I hope it isn't Goliath either but something that's original. Goliath is becoming overused for too many different types of coasters in the SF chain.

I agree, Goliath is an over used and imo a really lame name for a wooden coaster. If my dreams came true they would name it Grizzly and have it be a park of the Yukon Territory. The reason Yukon Territory is because that section of the park has a no big attractions apart from Loggers Run. A Wooden Coaster would also fit in with the theme of Yukon Territory (Unlike County Fair, which is now just a clusterf*#k of random rides.... actually Buccaneer Battle is the only out of place themed thing I can think of....) plus from what it looks like the ride will be mostly located on the part of the park. But that is just my "How SFGAm should be" Along with Dark Knight Coaster being themed to Scooby Doo (Aimed more for the Familys, instead of Nolan's edgy batman...... sorry i'm rambling again....)

In conclusion, It should be named something else other than Goliath, but if that's the name i'm ok with it.

I also found it interested that he was at the Giant Drop... Giant among coasters has always been a tag line for the Goliath coasters in six flags. I believe its going to be Goliath as well... I just don't understand the whole journey theme? I wish they would go with Titan instead.

I also found it interested that he was at the Giant Drop... Giant among coasters has always been a tag line for the Goliath coasters in six flags. I believe its going to be Goliath as well... I just don't understand the whole journey theme? I wish they would go with Titan instead.

I think follow the journey was the referring to the journey from the original video to the official announcement. The first video said something like "will you follow the journey to the new ride for 2014?" Not exactly sure though.

Who really cares about the name when the ride is likely to be really kickass!?!

Do people get off the ride and say "Man, that ride was incredible! I just wish it had a different name"???

I noticed he was wearing a neon shirt.

I think people read way too much into things.

What color of neon? Details, man, details!

The videos are rendered at 30fps (frames-per-second), clearly the new coaster will have 30 pops of air.

(Joking aside - great catch with that Iron Rattler postcard on the pin-board..)

Cameron.

I personally think it will have a 24 foot hill, a 5 degree first drop, and be 85 feet long. Ok, with that out I just can't believe they're going with an RMC. I have been on two of the Rocky Mountain Construction rides, Irat and NTAG, and NTAG is my favorite ride on the face of the Earth. This better be good if it's going to dethrone my NTAG.