TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

^Would the 165 ft. be the lift then? I would love a RMC woodie, but I just don't see how something with that tall a lift fits in the IW space. Now, I have a feeling that just like with X-Flight, that space will be used well and in ways we never considered to fit a new coaster with something 165 ft., so I am ruling nothing out yet, but I would expect any woodie there to have a smaller lift, like a GCI. I am guessing a launch coaster, but even that will require maximizing avaliable space.

^^Outlaw Run's overbanked turn does count I believe. I know when it was originally leaked it didn't state it as one, but now the park, RMC, RCDB, the fact sheets (etc.) all say that it has three inversions. So that more than likely isn't it.

I have a good feeling that this will be some sort of launched coaster and I would not be surprised if it was a Full Throttle layout.

EDIT: Robb, you just win! Automatically corrects to YOLOcoaster. It's hilarious!

I would love a RMC woodie, but I just don't see how something with that tall a lift fits in the IW space

They have the Wilderness Theater area to use to, and could even loop around the Yankee Clipper lift hill. I'm leaning towards this being a Premier, but they could fit a RMC woodie.

I'm saying it will be a Premier Rides launched coaster with a 165' tall inversion and not much else. Could be more like YOLOcoaster, or possibly more like SFDK's Superman... with the size or Iron Wolf's area, I'm guessing more on the style of Superman. The broken record would be the world's tallest inversion (which I believe was previously held by YOLOcoaster).

Tallest inversion is Gatekeeper's first drop which is a 164 ft. dive drop. Full Throttle has the largest loop in the world at 160 ft. If the loop is 165 ft on SFGAm's new coaster, it will break the tallest vertical loop and tallest inversion records.

^^World's Tallest Vertical Loop is held by YOLOcoaster right now at 160 feet.

^The total drop on GateKeeper is 164 feet, but the inversion is taken at the highest point of the ride (170 feet), so it wouldn't take the tallest inversion record at 165 feet, but it could take the tallest vertical loop record.

Edited by Coasterguy21

Well remember: when advertised, these 'records' can be exaggerated. For all we know, the Guinness World Records clue could mean that three records will be set and have no affiliation with Guinness whatsoever. Full Throttle was said to be the worlds tallest and fastest looping coaster when it was announced, which it technically isn't. So whose to say the new addition to the park, which I believe will be a premier launch coaster, will be the tallest, and fastest, looping rollercoaster, again. That would mean that the new ride (should it be based off Full Throttle) will have a 165 foot loop/top hat and be 71+mph. That would make the loop taller then Full Throttle's, and it will be faster as well. It isn't unlike Six Flags to exaggerate the 'records' a little bit, meaning that 2 of the 3 records might be tallest and fastest, and the third I'll leave on the table for speculation. It could be a "first of it's kind inversion", which the barrel roll on Iron Rattler was advertised. It's the first on a hybrid, but not on a coaster, (this is how the claims or 'records' are exaggerated).

Just my two cents worth. . .

I hope the coaster isnt identical to YOLOcoaster. I feel like that addition was so half assed. I'd hate to see it repeated. Especially in a far superior park (IMO). I'm fine with a launched coaster, and a worldest tallest loop, but after that I'd like it to be unique to the park, and certainly not such a sudden ending like YOLOcoaster. Heres hoping....

I would love a RMC woodie, but I just don't see how something with that tall a lift fits in the IW space

They have the Wilderness Theater area to use to, and could even loop around the Yankee Clipper lift hill. I'm leaning towards this being a Premier, but they could fit a RMC woodie.

Oh, I know. I think Wilderness Theater needs to go with either type of coaster to free up space. I was just wondering if even with that space in play, there is enough space to support a lift hill 165 ft. high. I would think a more compact woodie would go back there. But, like I said, I am sure they will utilize the space well and and anything is possible.

I personally believe it's just going to be a larger version of Superman at Discovery Kingdom (although hopefully with two three car trains and a Mr. Freeze style transfer track).

Too low capacity for this park IMO.

Something to note.... If it is a premier launch coaster it will be different than YOLO... That is definitely a built into the terrain and with the area that it is probably going there is a lot of room to work with. It is right on the Park Border, support buildings and picknic areas could be changed, and Camp Cartoon network is always a dead zone. Just thoughts.