TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

I dont know if anyone else thinls this but i think a zacspin would fit sfgam perfect for 2012

I don't know about that, we already have enough kiddy coasters and family attractions.

I think 2012 will be the year we get a big coaster, or something else that's really big.

^ I wouldn't call a ZacSpin a 'Kiddie Coaster' at all.

Still I don't think it would satisfy the hard core coaster enthusiasts at SFGAm.

All it does is spin you around over and over again as you take curve after curve vertically.

I really don't want another spinning/wild mouse type coaster.

I want something with inversions, 5-7 at least.

After losing Chang to SFGAd, I think it's time we get a coaster that will be equal to 2003's S:UF if not better than it.

It has been several years since then, and all that's happened is that we've lost a great coaster (Deja Vu) and got more family/kid attractions.

Now we're getting the waterpark expansion, still not what I wanted, but okay.

They better give us something good in 2012, or else, I'll be spending a little bit more time at SFMM.

When did they announce the loopers?!

They didn't announce any new coasters yet...

I think that is in reference to the looping slides. I'm not sure they ever did. I've been checking the official SFGAm page reverently and nothing has been mentioned there about them. I'm really excited to see these go in this season! Hurricane Harbor really might become the best waterpark in the nation, as they've been claiming it is since 2006!

GreatAmerica.png.181f76326e5428088d4c42dd04cd6567.png

How it all fits together!

It's one thing to have the best waterpark in the nation, but there's only so much time you can spend in the waterpark.

I would have much preferred we got Chang instead, at least if we did, it would have partially filled the looper gap left by Shockwave. We need another mega looper coaster, I hope in 2012 we get it, or something close.

And no more family/kiddie rides, I had enough of those!

No compact flat thrill rides either!

WE NEED A NEW BIG ROLLER COASTER FOR 2012!

Still I don't think it would satisfy the hard core coaster enthusiasts at SFGAm.

Do you really think that it is Six Flags' main priority to satisfy the "hard core coaster enthusiasts at SFGAm"? Six Flags is a business [along with Cedar Fair, Disney, Universal, etc.]. I think that most enthusiasts tend to forget that.

All it does is spin you around over and over again as you take curve after curve vertically.

After losing Chang to SFGAd, I think it's time we get a coaster that will be equal to 2003's S:UF if not better than it.

It has been several years since then, and all that's happened is that we've lost a great coaster (Deja Vu) and got more family/kid attractions.

They better give us something good in 2012, or else, I'll be spending a little bit more time at SFMM.

Again, is SFGAm's next multi-million dollar attraction only directed towards attracting you to the park? Coaster enthusiasts do not account for even 1% of SFGAm's target audiences. Also, SFGAm did not "lose" Chang to SFGAdv, SFGAm was possibly going to install it, and had the plans ready in case that decision was made, but in the end, it was decided by corporate to install the ride at SFGAdv.

Six Flags will decide an attraction for the park that will attract more families and teenagers, as well as the biggest spenders, to the park. That is Six Flags' main goal. Attract more customers, not coaster enthusiasts who complain every year that a mega-50 million dollar-supercoaster is not added.

^...and even when one is added, it is not good enough.

I see nothing wrong with this, and while I'd like another coaster added, there are a lot of other things I think would be better such as a Ferris Wheel, star flyer, dark ride, or even better food options.

Parks that focus just/or mainly on thrill seekers have a lot of coasters, but it the end, they aren't the best parks. For a corporate, non Disney, park, SFGAM is one of the best around with a great ride and coaster selection. Plus, even if a coaster enthusiast/teenager decides not to visit since there isn't a major new coaster, there is probably a family ready to take their place.

I still believe Chang would have been a failed attraction due to Iron Wolf's poor reputation, so a water park expansion, with two looping slides that Six Flags will probably make a major marketing point, is a much better replacement.

Have you been on one of the ZacSpins!?!?!? It is NOTHING like a mouse, it is one of the most extreme coasters I've ever been on and that's a LOT of coasters. People would easily get '5 - 7 inversions' on Insane at Grona Lund!

Have you been on one of the ZacSpins!?!?!? It is NOTHING like a mouse, it is one of the most extreme coasters I've ever been on and that's a LOT of coasters. People would easily get '5 - 7 inversions' on Insane at Grona Lund!

No Elissa, I haven't been on a Zacspin yet, not till I go to SFMM.

But until then, I don't think SFGAm will be seeing a ZacSpin anytime soon.

Not until the results are seen from SFMM...

Anyway, I feel like SFGAm might be letting me down when it comes to the coaster department.

So I'm defiantly inclined to go check out SFMM, because they have more and better coasters than SFGAm.

Those new loopers will look amazing at the front of the park, definitely intimidating. I'm not sure if I am yet comfortable at trying it out first thing, as I still think the other body slides at SFHH are too intense for me. We'll see!

How can you have a looping water slide!?

Wouldn't the water fall out?

Also, the person on the slide would injure themselves on it.

It's not a vertical loop right?

^

The park is getting SuperLoop slides which IMO are more of a big helix than a loop. The closest thing to a vertical looping water slide is a Aqualoop, but there are no (at least currently open...) vertical looping slides.

http://www.proslide.com/rides_08_d.php

Frankly, i checked out the Proslide website's description of the SuperLoop and it just looks like a regular slide to me.

The image you posted looks like two open speed slides with two on the side with a couple of large turns, doesn't look like nothing special.

Also, it looks like mid level is just a double "Tornado" slide with a snake curve at the bottom.

Really, is this what SFGAm choose? It doesn't look like anything special. We already have slides and a Tornado that look like what's being shown.

I think SFGAm would of been better off with Chang/Green Lantern instead.

^They're slides Great America doesn't have though and offer completely new experiences for the average guest. Plus this, the lagoon pool, and wave rider increase the capacity of Hurricane Harbor by 30%. Also, the goal of the superloop is to hug the sides of the slide through the helix from the forces.

Really, is this what SFGAm choose? It doesn't look like anything special. We already have slides and a Tornado that look like what's being shown.

Really? You are complaining that these slides are similar to stuff we already have, and then going on to say we should have gotten Chang, ANOTHER B&M Stand-Up

Really? You are complaining that these slides are similar to stuff we already have, and then going on to say we should have gotten Chang, ANOTHER B&M Stand-Up

Another stand-up coaster doesn't bother me. Even if it was converted to floorless, it would have been a better addition to the park in the long run.

I'm one of the people who goes to SFGAm for the coasters, I did the waterpark a few times (last time being in 2006 when Tornado was new), I haven't been in the waterpark since then, because it's just not that thrilling for me to be riding a water slide.

I'm one of the people who goes to SFGAm for the coasters, I did the waterpark a few times (last time being in 2006 when Tornado was new), I haven't been in the waterpark since then, because it's just not that thrilling for me to be riding a water slide.

That's cool. Probably somewhere between 250,000-500,000 people are gonna disagree with you though. They win.

Another stand-up coaster doesn't bother me. Even if it was converted to floorless, it would have been a better addition to the park in the long run.

If it was converted to a floorless, then yes it would be a great addition. But that was never in the plans. I would much rather let Great Adventure have Chang and Great America get a new coaster in 2012 or 2013 than get another B&M stand-up and then wait another 9 years for a major coaster.

If it was converted to a floorless, then yes it would be a great addition. But that was never in the plans. I would much rather let Great Adventure have Chang and Great America get a new coaster in 2012 or 2013 than get another B&M stand-up and then wait another 9 years for a major coaster.

Perhaps we get a B&M Prototype 4D coaster?

Like the one that's being built at Gardaland, but with an original layout?

I still think many big corporate parks could use a real good darkride. It seems to be a lost artform in the states.

This this this this this this this this this.

The biggest thing I look forward to when visiting any theme park other than the coasters are dark rides. Flats and towers and kiddies and waterslides are fun and all, but dark rides are unique experiences to each park. If we lived in my world, every park would have three.