TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

NIce trip report, Airtime&Gravity. I visted the park July 22, 23, and 25 and the crowds were really light the 23rd and 24th due to the rain. But I suppose nothing will keep people away from a Satuday visit.

I noticed Batman's missing wheel covers as well. It took me a minute to realize what was "off" about the train. I much prefer them with the wheel covers on.

I felt Viper was running amazingly. But I always think that!

EDIT: I thought I'd add a few photos from my trip to the park on Sunday, July 25th.

The park was packed because of the nice weather and the fact that it was a Sunday. However, my flash pass saved the day!

005.JPG.a2ca1dba78e51dd598136ea1fc92ed8a.JPG

Superman: Ultimate Flight. It has a pretzel loop. Moving on.

008.thumb.JPG.7b498cfce7bf477b68f2cedaf3b5e281.JPG

I can't decide whether or not I like Sky Trek Tower's new paint job.

013.thumb.JPG.2c1c45289deba43fa8aed48a07f67c45.JPG

I saw one person walking around with a Magiquest wand.

019.JPG.56bcf06dcc816f0875719c41876aa774.JPG

Yes, King Chaos was closed all three days.

020.JPG.8729b50a76657b0fd385739742557eba.JPG

They've got balloons!

028.JPG.75f51112be2c4792d8fbd6f9e0614093.JPG

Yes, please! V2 is so insanely awesome. I could ride it all day like a giant swing set.

027.JPG.070e8a34a100763d021309daf6b4ce9a.JPG

I see some intensity over there.

035.JPG.4d2f3409adc27043a2afa9e071ad7979.JPG

Once was enough.

040.thumb.JPG.b5a49394fadc481e74e012adc5759eb2.JPG

The best coaster at Great America.

052.thumb.JPG.c07ac1dddc6c13b94ee22a53ec8b7b15.JPG

Hmmm.... If only it were smooth.

050.JPG.549be1c2c1ce3634c8e216d2a45d672b.JPG

"They dun renamed the Batman!"

064.JPG.c3580f653d15b4a97b90180298c941a7.JPG

Viper. I love it dearly.

066.JPG.c108b651307e36d68be0a8315f06a41c.JPG

I love every second of it.

058.thumb.JPG.c463db1b03bb175ebaffc5f65809394a.JPG

Lots of people.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not crazy about the paint scheme of Sky Trek Tower either!!! my .02

SFGAM is my homepark and I have a season pass, so I get there as often as I can. Going again next Mon./Tues. and with all the kiddies back in school, should be able to rack up a lot of re-rides. Yay for me.

I know that something new is supposed to be added next year, (grrrrr, where's Chang?) but to be honest, I haven't seen much in the way to indicate where the new attraction might go. There's space where the Space Shuttle used to be. There's space where Splashwater Falls used to be, but I have seen no new markings, survey crews, etc....to indicate that anything IS really going to happen next year.

I heard a rumor that the area where Splashwater Falls was, will be filled by a giant HD-3D screen with "live-webcam" pictures of new attractions that have been installed at all the other Six Flags Parks, but that it will be an upcharge attraction.

^ LoL...

I heard a rumor that the area where Splashwater Falls was, will be filled by a giant HD-3D screen with "live-webcam" pictures of new attractions that have been installed at all the other Six Flags Parks, but that it will be an upcharge attraction.

^ That sounds more like a joke or a sarcastic response to me, just saying. I could hear some bitter fan-boy saying something like that just because he's pissed his home park isn't receiving a new attraction. I don't know if SFGam is or isn't getting anything new, I just took that comment as more of a joke; an almost funny one too!

Yes - Removing Demon (and combining that space with SWF) would be fantastic .. although I personally don't expect that to happen anytime soon. At the event on Friday it was stated that an official announcement regarding 2011 attractions will be made before the end of August.

Cameron.

I think The Time Machine would be a better fit for that Chang spot. HRP would need to liquidate and SF pick that up- now, now, now for that to happen.

I'm pretty sure that Great America doesn't have the room for a long out and back looping coaster. At least Chang was a little more compact.

I went to SFGA exactly one year ago today, and it was the best time I've ever had at a park, everything, all day was a walk on, to this weird ridiculous level. Today, that was one busy park. Does anyone local have any idea of what changed in a year?

^Your last visit was probably just luck. Lately, and especially noticeable this year, Six Flags Great America has been really crowded. Great America doesn't have the capacity to handle the crowds it gets, and while it is great financial wise for the park, it means guests will have to wait in long lines.

Had the whole Entertainment Village proposal been built, Great America would be in better shape to handle the crowds it gets, but it now has to make do with its limited land. For those who don't know, the Entertainment Village would have been built across the tri-state and include(to what I understand) retail, hotel, conference center, parking garage, a water park, and possibly even the corporate office/headquarters. Unfortunately, Six Flags was unable to get the permits that would have been necessary to build the bridges or tunnels to get guests between the two sides of the park.

I really hope we get some sort of huge capacity ride that will attract a lot of people away from current attractions. The last time something like that was built was Superman:UF. I would love to see some awesome flats be added like Skyhawk, or one of those new starflyer things. We already have a GREAT collection of flats, but that doesn't mean they should stop. That being said, it's about time for a new, Large, coaster to be added...I'd still love to see that rumored dive machine.

The SFGAm fanpage on Facebook began a "countdown" today towards the new attraction, being revealed on September 1st.

The Countdown Begins! See what's coming to Six Flags Great America in 2011. We're announcing on Facebook First. Check out the “Coming in 2011” tab to see if you can solve the puzzle...

Clicking on the "Coming in 2011" tab lead to this picture, ala most of the new attraction teasers on Facebook.

sfgam2011.jpg.bd4e25462d8cfada084fccb0eca4cb6e.jpg

(8/26/10) A local area Police officer is attempting an 11 hour coaster marathon at Six Flags Great America to raise funds for Special Olympics Illinois. On Sunday, August 29th, from 10am to 9pm Officer Eric Wang will be riding the Whizzer in uniform for 11 straight hours in an attempt to break his record from last year, which was 117 consecutive rides on Whizzer.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_great_america.htm