TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

If you are a fan of park history, go into the Carousel store by the Pictorium. They have brought the 1978 park scale replica out and put it on display inside the store. The detail and scale is amazing on it. Bravo to Six Flags for bringing out of storage for the first time in 10 years.

Yeah today was great, I should have a PTR up tomorrow!

As for the Whizzer sticker thing.... That pretty much broke my heart, tore it into pieces, and was THEN digested by goblins.

But on the good side. The sticker thingy seemed to peel easily and some people ha already gone at it so i don't see those lasting more than a month or two really.

Edit: "The Karate Kid" is taking the place of Whizzer on my sexiest coaster list. It's a great addition ;]

I had tons of fun today! It was so great to meet up with everyone. I'm glad that it didn't rain at all and that there was barely anyone in the park. Overall an amazing day!

I also don't like the advertising all over Whizzer. A random sign on a coaster is fine, but those Karate Kid ads were EVERYWHERE!!! They were on the side of the building, on the trains, on the side of the little roof in the Whizzer station, ads on every wall in line, and even the exit walls! I just think they went overboard with this one.

Little Dipper is looking great so far! Once it's done, i'm sure that many families will be going over to that side of the park more. Magiquest looked kinda fun and there were a couple interactive bits on the outside if people wanted to try it out. I don't like how they just repainted everything over there though. The new yellow colors just don't match the patriotic ones of Revolution and American Eagle.

I agree with Q, go check out the 1978 park scale replica! There were many people looking at it and sharing memories of the "good ol' days". It's great to see park history like this.

I took lots of pictures and hopefully enough video to make an antic video and a professional one. Hopefully i'll get those together in the next couple of weeks, but i'll be super busy with school so we'll see what happens.

hey everyone who was at the unofficial meet and greet at the 1978 scale model display, lets all sign in. I know i knew a few people there from their hoodies and the one guy from a coaster expedition. The person in the flannel shirt who stood next to the goofy looking kid with the crazy brush haircut and hoodie with short sleeves and girlfriend who was bouncing around outa sheer boredom, please message me. Also that dude who was seen with that chick, it was all 4 of us at about 4pmish? i would really like to know who you fellows and lassie are! that was seriously the most fun ive had looking at a diarama, it was like TPR: the live event!

Few things i need to add

1. did viper seem dog slow this time around? I'm so use to her being more out of control than that.

2. http://www.kicentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21273&hl=kentucky%20kingdom&st=0 is that the chang track? I know it's just developing but i figure i'd post it here.

3. did the whole park just in general seem friendlier? I know its the begining of the season when everyone is stoked, but still i was taken back at how the park had a bit more of a small park feel to it with everyone saying hey.

4. anyone else notice now during their spiels they also do in park ads for other rides? "thank you for riding superman, please also go check out the dark night" stuff like that

5. If i would have known tpr people were so friendly, i would have joined up to this site a long time ago. Seriously that convo we all had around the diarama was like a group of old friends, and i HIGHLY doubt anyone knows who i am. im a mysterious person like that.

^On cold day and dry days (like it was after the morning) the ride is just boring. However, those hot summer night rides are amazing. I also did notice the "ads" on the exit of many of the flats. However, at least they picked rides that made seance like pairing Revolution with Orbit.

One other thing, do not waste your time on the new Dick Clark show. It is the single worst show I have ever seen. Watching 2 families with no clue on music answer trivia questions to award show clips is just sad. And the "grand" prize to the winning team is one exit pass per person. Mind you, this show took 30 minutes when I saw it yesterday.

I think Viper was running significantly better than the last half of the past season. I didn't feel the lame drag I felt before. But I was not as good as a few years back.

Edit: Is the guys from coaster expedition Cameron? If so I was at the table to, but I don't think you mentioned me in your descriptions.

1. did viper seem dog slow this time around? I'm so use to her being more out of control than that.

2. http://www.kicentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21273&hl=kentucky%20kingdom&st=0 is that the chang track? I know it's just developing but i figure i'd post it here.

3. did the whole park just in general seem friendlier? I know its the begining of the season when everyone is stoked, but still i was taken back at how the park had a bit more of a small park feel to it with everyone saying hey.

4. anyone else notice now during their spiels they also do in park ads for other rides? "thank you for riding superman, please also go check out the dark night" stuff like that

5. If i would have known tpr people were so friendly, i would have joined up to this site a long time ago. Seriously that convo we all had around the diarama was like a group of old friends, and i HIGHLY doubt anyone knows who i am. im a mysterious person like that.

I was wearing a grey TPR hoodie when we were all looking at that cool model, you might have seen me. Viper was running great in the morning but wasn't so good later in the day. I know in the morning th train didn't slow down at the top of the lift hill like it normally does, but later in the day it did. That does look like Chang track, still have no idea where it may be heading. The friendliness of employees is definitely getting better and that makes for a more enjoyable day. Yes, I did notice ride ops promoting other rides. maybe they're encouraging people to do more than just ride coasters? I do think that everyone i've met from TPR are super cool and I love hanging out with all of you guys.

Yes, Viper was definitely running better yesterday than it was, in my opinion, most of the entire 2009 season. Although, from yesterday, the first half seemed fairly mediocre, but the second half was great with lots of airtime and speed. The good thing is that at no point did the train seem like it would stall like it did last season. The season has just started, so we'll see if it stays this way/improves, or if it is going to be a season like last year.

BTW, does anyone know where the camera guy by MagiQuest was from? I wasn't sure if he was filming for the park, or for a news story. I just remember him asking us for help so he could go home.

I think he was working for the park. When I got to the park, he was over by the Goodwill area(wasn't filming), but he then went into the park. He also asked if we could appear in a commercial which me think he was filming for the park. Plus I don't see why a news crew would be going into a park or asking to film us at Magiquest for what would be a quick news story. If it was the opening of Little Dipper, then I might expect to see a news crew inside the park, but not for opening day or Magiquest. For that, if it was going to be on the news, I'd expect the news crew to be out by the ticket booths. The lack of a news van also makes me think it was for the park.

Again, I had a great time yesterday, and hopefully I'll be able to meet up with you all again. Sorry I had to leave early, but I should be able to stay for most if not the entire day next time.

I think he was working for the park. When I got to the park, he was over by the Goodwill area(wasn't filming), but he then went into the park. He also asked if we could appear in a commercial which me think he was filming for the park. Plus I don't see why a news crew would be going into a park or asking to film us at Magiquest for what would be a quick news story. If it was the opening of Little Dipper, then I might expect to see a news crew inside the park, but not for opening day or Magiquest. For that, if it was going to be on the news, I'd expect the news crew to be out by the ticket booths. The lack of a news van also makes me think it was for the park.

Oh I didn't see him at the Goodwill area that morning. My guess he was doing it for the park (or the company that produced MagiQuest). I should have asked him since he stopped us!

Great to hear that Vipers running good, my last ride ride on it was very, very sad compared to my rides on it at the beginning of the season. Whizzer on the other hand looks horrible. It's bad enough that they have to plaster the park with advertisements but do they really need them on the coasters?!? Did they have the movie trailers playing on the tvs in ride queues? If not they should just do that instead of covering rides with ads for it and it would be much more effective.

Also theres a chance I might be going on Sunday and I would love to meet up with anyone.

Did a quick lap with Derek yesterday. We did all the coasters in two hours (except Whizzer and Batman which was still testing).

So happy so see they really painted this offseason. A lot the buildings look new again. The new structure over the County Fair food court is awesome, and will be a great once the weather gets warm. I'm disinterested in MagiQuest. I don't care for the look of it, and I'm not interested in it.

Viper ran great, and the on-ride photo is gone. Demon really hurt (red train), and Eagle was riding like a bat out of hell, and not in a good way. The new effect at the end of Dark Knight freaked me out (I wasn't paying attention), but none of the other sound effects were working.

And I still hate Superman.

I just wanted to extend an invitation for this Saturday to go to the park. Gavin and I area going to head over there for awhile. It should be a decent day, providing Tom Skilling is right.

I won't get there until 10ish since I have to go to the chiropractor that morning. Strange, I'm going to the chiropractor then going to ride some coasters. I might as well just cancel and ride Iron Wolf a few times. That should do the trick.