TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Little Dipper construction has started as of last week. Pictures from SFGAm's facebook page. The Farmers Market is also getting revamped, with new shade structures.

19436_288984501355_10583866355_4018160_6349342_n.jpg.8d0aed72b09f1776eef325ff177b8126.jpg

County Fair games removed

19436_289005761355_10583866355_4018409_2447303_n.jpg.faa25ed885e407f60553b6d899d216a5.jpg

Little Dipper Construction

19436_288991736355_10583866355_4018187_5773070_n.jpg.bca96ff1eaf5e8664a5a2da8d461ec32.jpg

Little Dipper Construction

19436_288984541355_10583866355_4018162_7535827_n.jpg.11cfee94a0eb7d831659d8ad712172e3.jpg

Farmers Market, now to be County Fair Food Court

• 2 weeks later...

The park has added new photos on their Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/album.php?aid=156101&id=10583866355&ref=nf

Construction has started on Little Dipper, with the removal of the BBNP net climb structure in progress.

Pictures also show unrelated construction around Farmers Market (renamed County Fair Food Court) and County Fair Games Gallery.

EDIT: Can't seem to get the link working, so copy and paste

They also posted a picture of Space Shuttle America's removal with the caption "Space Shuttle America has been removed for future expansion."

I'm glad they posted some pictures of the park in the winter! It's always nice to see coasters in the snow and some behind the scenes shots.

Recap:

-Little Dipper going in Bugs Bunny National Park where the climbing structure was. Cars have arrived.

-Space Shuttle America removed for future expansion

-"The County Fair Games have been removed. Why?! Stay tuned to find out."

-"The Farmers Market is being reworked to the County Fair Food Court complete with additional shade structures."

^Even though the County Fair Games was a pretty dead area, with the exception of the Wii area, I hope it is just a renovation. With the work that is being done on the Farmer's Market, the area could look pretty nice. Also, the shade structures going into Farmer's Market will be much appreciated on those hot Illinois days.

Also, with Little Dipper going in to Bugs Bunny National Park, hopefully that area will become popular once again as that section was frequently closed due to a lack of guests.

Hopefully, in addition to what we have seen already, Great America continues to improve and clean up the park like they have the past few years. Some of the buildings in Hometown Square and Orleans Place could use a fresh coat of paint if I remember correctly.

They only took out like 5 County Fair games, there will probably be some more over there. It feels more open, and less spooky without the games because it was always so dark over there...

I hope BBNP will also get popular. The screaming of people on Little Dipper will hopefully get the area in a better mood.

I wish they would have more shaded area under the farmers market. Or have a complete indoor area to keep warm in the colder months and cool in the summer months. Eating outside on Opening day was torture!

^ I've heard nothing about that, but I have other news about it.

I just cannot share it.......yet.

I heard about it to and were it's going, and were whats going in were the games used to be by Revolution. I was told to keep my mouth shut, well not in those words.

I was surprised in how much and how many improvements and changes they are doing this year alone.

From Screamscape:

I’ve been told that SFGAm will have two new attractions to announce in the near future. One will replace the Skeeball game in the Country Fair games area, and even expand out into the midway itself taking over sites previously used for other games. I’m told that this will be the first time an attraction like this will be installed in a major theme park. From the sounds of things, the second attraction will replace the rock climb wall. Given the nature of the locations involved, I can only assume these will be upcharge attractions of some kind.

I read that the new attraction replacing the Skeeball game will be one of those new 4-D attractions that Six Flags signed a deal for a little while back. I'm not sure if I believe that rumor though, as that type of attraction seems better suited for the main new attraction of a season, and not a secondary upcharge attraction. If the rock wall is getting replaced, then I can see a slingshot attraction being added, as not much else would fit there.

Would a single arm S&S Swing fit where the rock wall was? The capacity would be horrible but we need a good thrill ride. The flats we have are fun but nothing is really scary or really thrilling.

The Demon lift hill might be in the way...

And what kind of attraction would fit in the County Fair games section?!

Are there any other 4-d attractions besides 4-d shows? Anything that would go where the rock wall is would have to be pretty small right? Ive never examined that are besides just walking past it. Do they have a good amount of room behind it before they run into the Demon?

A giant skillet would be awesome! From what I've eaten the food is just horrible so this could really help out the park. They should give the Panda Express a big skillet so they could cook up some stir fry!

^Really? What makes you say that Six Flags doesn't have a plan for our park? I'm intrigued because nothing i've heard or read has prompted me to think that. In fact, it seems like they are paying lots of attention to the park with many of the small improvements they're making and the bigger ones like the Glow in the Park Parade and Little Dipper.

^Sorry I could have phrased that a bit better. Stupid 4am postings.

I know that the park always has a plan. I was actually quite surprised with how quickly they got the little dipper and how quickly they found an area to put it in. My comment was more directed towards the 2011 installation that everyone keeps wondering about. Theres not a single doubt in my mind though that the big wigs of SFGAm know the score, it's just SFI that doesn't seem like they have much of a game plan. I know they do on a global scale though, just not on a park by park status.