TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

• 3 weeks later...
If Little Dipper does in fact go where Space Shuttle America was... I will be kind of sad. Their need to be more rides towards the back of the park.

I just think that it will look out of place where SSA is, and then there will be no more room IF Chang is supposed to go there, or a HH expansion. The best place, to me, so far is BBNP. The area has mainly just been forgotten about, compared to Wiggle's World and Camp Cartoon. Also a picture posted on SFGAmWorld.com places LD in BBNP, and it looks like a decent fit.

IMG_8258.jpg.dcec5935679d02779fe966800071d032.jpg

If you look on the Great America site I cant find a single refrence to BBNP. Its not under themed areas, and none of the rides are listed under kids or family. If you ask me BBNP was neglected. When I went this summer we walked through to use the bathrooms and before anyone was there it was dirty and looked faded in some spots. That made me really sad because when I was little BBNP was my favorite area in the park. But if I had to pick something to replace it, it would be Little Dipper. I havent been on it, but Ive been on its mirror image clone at Little Amerricka which is a great ride and should do great in the park.

EDIT: The site says there are three kids areas, but when you click on the kids map it shows all four.

Six Flags Great America is having a Grad Night for graduating seniors on April 30th. Here's what it says on their site along with an email I received regarding prices for this private event.

Make plans now to join our first annual grad night exclusive event! This is a private party in Great America from 5:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m. with limited attendance, less lines, dance areas and lots of fun! This event is for all graduating high school and junior high students. Please contact SFGAMspecialevents@sixflags.com for more information.

Link

Thank you for contacting Six Flags Great America. The ticket price for this event is $29.99 plus tax per person for admission and $39.99 plus tax per person if you would like to do admission into the park as well as our all-you-can-eat Grad Night Dinner Party in our picnic grove. Since this is a private event where the park is not open to the general public, season passes are not accepted and therefore you would have to purchase the $29.99 plus tax ticket or $39.99 plus tax ticket if you wanted the admission and Dinner Party. There is no discount for season passes or groups as this price is the same price as our normal season group discount. Your family member and friends can certainly come, this is an event meant to celebrate all of the graduating seniors. Please also keep in mind that tickets for this event must be pre-purchased a minimum of 5 business days in advance and you can do so by; placing your order over the phone with a credit card by calling 847-249-1952, downloading and order form online and sending it in with payment or purchasing your tickets online using a credit card and printing the right from your computer.

This actually sounds like a lot of fun!

And as for Little Dipper, BBNP has been dead for a while now. On days when Camp Cartoon is full BBNP is empty. Besides SWF, this is the only area it could fit. Hopefully if it does go there, it will bring some life back to that neglected area.

The date of the first Glow In The Park parade has been announced.

Coming May 2010, the Glow in the Park Parade will feature state-of-the-art floats, incredible light design and Cirque-style music.

The Glow in the Park parade will kick off at 9:30 p.m. on Memorial Day, May 29, and will run nightly through August 15. The parade will start in Hometown Square and will take approximately 30 minutes to wind through four themed sections including Carousel Plaza, Orleans Place and Mardi Gras.

Here's the link along with a pretty sweet video. I think the Glow In The Park parade will be a hit with everyone!

Link

I just got an update from a friend at NoCoaster and SFGam has confirmed that the Little Dipper will go into Bugs Bunny National Park and some rides will be moved around.

They also said that the ride will continue to use the Hand Break.

And they plan to open the ride sometime in June.

^I should just clarify, all that was said is that the hand brake on Little Dipper will remain, not that it would necessarily be used. It was later said that a safety system will be installed as well. So it seems to me we'll be looking at a set up like Big Dipper at GL where the levers are there, but the brakes are automatic.