TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

^I doubt it, unless having automatic breaks and seat belts added equals an X2 makeover.

It's great that it is keeping its name, and I was concerned it would receive a Wiggles theme like the kiddie coaster at SFFT. The coaster is a lot of fun, and it should be a big hit with the families. I imaging the park will advertise like crazy how this came from Kiddieland, but hopefully they advertise this is a kiddie/family coaster and not a thrill ride like they did in 2008.

SFGA has the nations best water park? First the cleanest park, now this...wow. PR people at the park are going a little crazy. Just how big is the water park there?

The press release was fine. Be happy they have saved what would have been a demolished wooden roller coaster. Quit your bitching.

--Robb

Ok, I'm shocked to see this! Six Flags is preserving a historical coaster, would've been a shame to loose this ride

It would be an even bigger shame to LOSE this ride.

Seriously people, this loose/lose thing is getting ridiculous. I see it everywhere!!! These words are very different. Why can people not figure this out!?!?!?

Now will they keep the classic handbrakes or get normal brakes?

My guess is the ride will retain the current skid brakes, but be automatically operated. It would be nice if SFGAm atleast left the levers in place for looks (ala Big Dipper at Geauga Lake). I don't think SFGAm could add fin brakes even if they wanted to because of the curved platform.

This is brilliant! I applaud this move by Six Flags!!!! And while they are in the mood for preserving Amusement History and making good moves, I would like to put a little bug in their ear...

There is another piece of Amusement history sitting in a field in Plainview, TX...and as a bonus it is also a piece of Great America's history. Resurrect Greezed Lightnin as the Tidal Wave!

I strongly commend Six Flags for doing this. What a wonderful surprise and gift for the people of Chicago. Is this the first time they have ever done anything like this in their history(the Park or the Chain)? For that matter, has any of the other chains done this either?

Unless I am counting wrong, SFGAm has 12 coasters. This can only become the 14th if another one will open at the same time.

They are either counting American Eagle as two or they have forgotten they got rid of Deja Vu.

--Robb

Unless I am counting wrong, SFGAm has 12 coasters. This can only become the 14th if another one will open at the same time.

RCDB lists Chang under GAm's coaster count as an "in storage" coaster, so maybe the park counts it as well...but that would mean that Li'l Dipper would be 13, and Chang would be 14. Interesting stuff.