TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Yeah, that's it. I think the wait might be just a little bit longer

Viper with a full line is like 30 minutes at most (unless there isnt a grouper add 15 minutes).

Viper's line seems to be hit or miss when it comes to the wait time. I've been in a full queue with a 30 - 45 minute wait, and I've had 30 minute waits in the station with no wait in the queue line.

For anyone who has bought their FlashPass online, do you know how long it takes to get through the entire process of actually getting it at the park? I plan on purchasing it online, and then picking it up, in hopes of saving time. Thanks in advance!

I wonder when they will remove that space shuttle?

That Space Shuttle America ride was like the biggest letdown ever. Being a huge fan of Star Tours and the Days of Thunder ride at PKI, I was so psyched for a simulator ride at my home park. The queue theming was OK, but the ride left much to be desired (to say the least).

A shooter dark ride like Buzz or MiB would be a great addition to SFGAm, and that site might be a good place for it. I shudder to think what the wait times would be for something like that, though.

I just went to Great America for the first time ever last week, here is a little recap of what I thought of the park.

Iron Wolf-Hurt like hell I bashed my ears so much, I cant imagine riding this if I had earings.

American Eagle-One of the surprises of my trip I had always heard about the roughness of this ride so I wasent expecting much out of it but honestly I loved it the only part that was kinda rough was at the bottom of the first hill. Great Ride but it takes forever to walk through it's massive line.

Demon- The other surprise of my trip, I absolutely loved it and I thought it was smooth as Glass, call me crazy but I thought it was the smoothest ride in the park.

Batman-It was my first Batman Invert but overall it was okay it was smooth like every other B&M but I felt it was over very quickly and was not as forcefull as i heard it would be. Out of the four B&M inverts i've been on this was the worst.

Ragin Bull- Biggest dissapointment I have ever had on a coaster, While it was still a good ride it did not thrill me at all and was just overall boring. I guess i was expecting too much out of it because I have been spoiled by my local hypers, Bizzaro and Ros. Also it did not help that I watied 2 hours for it when the sign only said one.

Man, I'm really upset I didn't ride the Demon when I was there last month. It is hard to beat the first drop if you sit in the back, and you gotta love the tunnel.

Do they play the Demon song in the queue again, or is that only during Fright Fest? It's been years since I've heard that ...

Do they play the Demon song in the queue again, or is that only during Fright Fest? It's been years since I've heard that ...

The music, the entire 25 plus minute song, has been playing all summer in the que. The speaker is by the tunnel before the lift hill. You can even hear it going up the lift hill.

For anyone who has bought their FlashPass online, do you know how long it takes to get through the entire process of actually getting it at the park? I plan on purchasing it online, and then picking it up, in hopes of saving time. Thanks in advance!

When we went a few weeks ago I had ordered a Gold Flashpass online. You still have to wait in line and see the video with everyone else .. but they hold your pass until 12 noon. I just went there as soon as the park opened and I didn't wait at all. It would be nice if there you could skip the wait to pick up pre-ordered passes.

Cameron.

When we went a few weeks ago I had ordered a Gold Flashpass online. You still have to wait in line and see the video with everyone else .. but they hold your pass until 12 noon. I just went there as soon as the park opened and I didn't wait at all.

Cameron.

OK, thanks. We plan to get there by opening just to pick it up.

It would be nice if there you could skip the wait to pick up pre-ordered passes.

Like a FlashPass, FlashPass?!

What's the difference between the two Flash Passes?

With the regular, you basically reserve your ride that you want. If the normal line for that ride is 1 hour, then you would wait one hour before going to the ride. The advantage being that you don;t have to spend your day waiting in lines, and can get more rides in.

With the gold, you can reserve a ride, wait around 5 minutes or so, and then go a ride the ride through the FlashPass line. So obviously, the gold is more expensive.

I just bought my online FlashPass, and am excited to go on Friday!

If you want to download the song, go here http://www.rcktman.com/greatamerica

That site has pretty much all of Great America's original theme music.

I voted. Raging Bull has 49% and 1914 votes while X2 has 51% and 1973 votes. I'm surprised Bull is holding up so well.