TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

^Back is the best. I really prefer front on all, well most roller coasters. But Demon is better in back. IT is smoother then front, but yet bumby is still exposed during the ride. The front you get pushed into the loop pretty hard with some strong g's which I love. But bumpy in corkscrews, but back you get airtime in the front drop. But for some reason, I get tossed and turned in the tunnel in the back seat.

But I think it is running great. They re-did the restraints and added a new coat of yellow on the other. I don't know if it is because I got taller, but definately smooth.

I APPROVE!

My rides on Demon this year have been highly enjoyable. Almost no head banging at all!

Also...I have noticed that on the side of Demons black train they painted flames on the side of the car. Are these new or have I just not been paying attention?

Either way I think they are sexy!

My rides on Demon this year have been highly enjoyable. Almost no head banging at all!

Also...I have noticed that on the side of Demons black train they painted flames on the side of the car. Are these new or have I just not been paying attention?

I completely agree with both of those statements. Demon has been running pretty well this year. I the airtime on the first drop in the back row. I also was wondering if the flames on the side were new this year. I think my suspicions have been confirmed and the train looks awesome!

^You could put your camera over the fence from the midway.

Glad the GP is having some love for the old ride. I would hate to see it go.

What is everyones opinions on Revolution? I opnionly hate it. It doesn't go that high, and I get sick from it because I get pushed into my seat. MaXair looks better since you sit on outside and it goes high and doesn't spin as fast. Althought revolution looks cool at night during fright fest with the fog machines on the ground with fog everywhere.

Post 100 in this thread

I like Revolution better during Fright Fest because it runs a faster program. On normal days I would take maXair over Revolution, but not during Fright Fest. To me Revolution is one of the better flats in the park, along with King Chaos. Come to think of it, we have a pretty bad collection of big flats.

^ Agree with the flat rides not being good at all. I've also seem King Chaos break down a good 4 times in the last 2 weeks as well. Which sucks as I enjoy the ride.

With revolution, try riding it being the only person in the ride. The thing is beyond bumpy and just feels weird. I would also take maXair over it (except during Fright Fest as well.) However, I enjoy the smaller version of maXair even better. Got a chance to ride the one at Adventureland and loved it.

With the black train on the Demon, it looks outstanding. The really got some TLC during the off season and it shows.

I think that we have a great collection of flats, just a lack of thrilling flats. The only thrilling ones IMO are Revolution, King Chaos, and Giant Drop. I think Revy is a fun flat but could be better, kinda like Skyhawk at Cedar Point. I do prefer Maxair over it. While the Fright Fest program is way better than the normal one, it made me just a little queesy which is rare for me but it was still better than normal.

^ They also re-did the logo on the front of the train. It really fits the theme of the ride more than the neon yellow train. That train just sticks out to much.

The yellow train has been there for years. I like it the best.

WE may have a bad collection of flats. During Fright Fest, it gets better. Chubasco turns into a really fun flat during Fright Fest because it is in the dark. But I though we could use one more thrilling one that could be.....idk. A S&S swing like Skyhawk?

Even though we have a bad collection of thrill rides, water rides seems to be good. Too bad they took out Splash Water Falls, we would have 5 water rides!

^ I've got to work, but I might be able to meet you later in the day, if you're staying til close.

Let me know.

Well, Cameron's coming too, if you needed any further incentive.

Am I correct in thinking that parking is something astronomical like $15? Our tentative hotel is right across the street from the lot entrance so I'm beginning to wonder if I should just walk over.

And I might as well ask it now: any recommended touring plans? The extent of my knowledge is to head for the lower-capacity rides first (TDK, Superman, Ragin' Cajun et al).

^Yeah, parking is $15 in the cheapest lot.

If you don't get a flash pass, hit Superman early as the line gets very long. Same for Ragin Cajun', and even though it might have a short line, it moves slowly. V2 can also have long wait times due to it obviously being able to only run one train.

^I demand two-train operation!

Also, answered my own question, from the Country Inn site:

1. Walk approximately 10 minutes and arrive at the gate of Six Flags. No need to pay for Parking - a $15-$25 value

2. Visit Norstates Bank in our parking lot for discount Park tickets - show your room key and purchase 1 Day Park passes for $35, a $54.99 value.

Am I correct in thinking that parking is something astronomical like $15? Our tentative hotel is right across the street from the lot entrance so I'm beginning to wonder if I should just walk over.

And I might as well ask it now: any recommended touring plans? The extent of my knowledge is to head for the lower-capacity rides first (TDK, Superman, Ragin' Cajun et al).

Yea. $15 for the back lot and $25 for the closer front lot. It depends what hotel. There is a Holiday Inn but it is across a highway. If it is Keylime Cove, they have a bus that you can take to the park. But I would recommend walking if it is close. I have the parking pass so I just use that.

I would go on Superman first. Then to Verticle Velocity. Raging Cajun has a single riders line and that can be taken care of any part of the day. Dark Knight will be a long line so if you want to do that after Superman, it is your choice. American Eagle usually has both sides going, so that is a ride with high capacity. Iron Wolf you can take on any park of the day. Along with Demon American eagle.

I will tell you rides that usually get a long line

Superman-just popular hour wait

Raging BUll-fast moving line less then 2 hours

Verticle Velocity-could get an hour and 30 minute wait.

Dark Knight-moderate moving line. 1 hour 20 minutes

American Eagle- 40 minutes. A must ride, classie coaster

for other rides

Whizzer- 20 minutes. Must ride, last one of its kind in north america

Viper- 40 minutes. loaded with airtime

Demon. 20 minutes or less. 30 minutes rare.

Iron Wolf- 10 minutes. Ride it to get over it. First B&M coaster ever built

Jetsens Sprocket Rockets- 2 minutes? hah

Rajun Cajun- 50 minutes. Single riders line recommended

Batman- 45 minutes t0 hour and half, fast moving line.

Water rides are a must ride. They are all fantastic. Giant drop doesn't get a long line. but Roaring Rapids can get 40 minutes.

Giant Drop will be my first Intamin Drop Tower, and I'm afraid of heights. I'm making it a goal to ride that thing. (Not to mention Superman as my first flyer, though I hear it's overrated compared to others of the type.)

I'm really hoping July 6th (Monday) will be far enough away from the July 4th celebrations that the crowds won't warrant an exorbitantly-priced FlashPass/Q-Bot dealy.

That is a very true statement!

As for the giant drop. It looks way scarier than it is!

My friends have riden it terifided And screaming on the way up. When the ride is over I usualy hear "That wasn't scary at all!"

So I recomend you give it a go!