TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

I believe that the real reason American Eagle no longer runs backwards is because it caused to much damage on the track. Blue side was retracked before it ran forwards again. There is an axle on the front of the train that moves, but a fixed one on the back. Supposedly they couldn't switch the two axles when the switched it backwards which caused track damage. I really did like it better backwards to.

Riding backwards didn't really do anything for me actually. I prefer it forwards, and I definitely prefer the red side by a mile. It has an extra hill on the back stretch, much more airtime, and less meandering flat track than the blue side.

So I see we've been talking about AE alot lately, I agree with that red side is better, it almost always wins!!! Go red!

Do the AE crew (both Red & Blue) make every effort to race the trains?

On a side note: It's Raging Bull's 10th anniversary!!!

One question if someone has back problems, would Raging Bull make them worse, epically since it's not a rough coaster at all???

When I was there sometimes they did. it was a little harder then because they had two trains on red and only one on blue. They didn't always start them at the same time, but blue's lift hill was going faster than red's or something because blue caught up to red on the lift hill. It depends on the line and how many trains are running.

When I was there sometimes they did. it was a little harder then because they had two trains on red and only one on blue. They didn't always start them at the same time, but blue's lift hill was going faster than red's or something because blue caught up to red on the lift hill. It depends on the line and how many trains are running.

Yea, I've noticed that...not to mention that blue likes to jump on the lift!

I think Red goes over first, right?

Blue side needs all the help it can get. The helix kinda ruins the "racing" part of the ride, but it's still fun!

The tough part on Eagle is dispatching the trains at the same time, but i've seen it work pretty well before.

And happy anniversary Raging Bull! I'm surprised Great America isn't making a bigger deal about it like what Cedar Point is doing with Magnum.

The blue side has a 1mph faster lift, but it takes forever to go over it..while red is a snap to crest the hill. And the brakes before the helixes, blue side gets brakes soooo hard and red not as much. And at the end, blue is brakes harder before the final helix then red....so blue has to start 5 seconds before red in order to really come close to finishing together.

V2 is starting to not be my favorite coaster. It now has long lines, low capacity, and no holding brake. And somehow not as fun as it use to...American Eagle is my favorite and Iron Wolf is my 2nd. Viper would be 3rd. Dark Knight coming 4th.

^My opinion would be Raging Bull is just to get it over with. It isn't a must ride for me. Honestly, I think Raging Bull is bumpy....it shakes my head a lot. You would think not since it is a hyper, but somehow, my head shakes.

I would rather ride Viper and Giant Drop then Raging Bull...

While I liked the old sign more, I don't have a problem with the new sign. Six Flags should just stain the lighter wood so that it matches the old supports.

While it might belong in the rumor thread, are there still a lot of orange markers spray painted in the area by Sky Treak Tower, the old Space Shuttle America site, and go-karts?