TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

^ my guess on the 60's style characters is that they are much more family friendly. Especially with the joker. Think about all of the frightened kids if they dressed him up like heath ledger in the Dark Knight As a park you want to excite the under 10 crowd not give them nightmares.

What was the smoke/dust looking stuff in a few of those pictures?

That was a fog machine (the American DJ Accu Fog 1000 by the looks of it) - the machine shoots fog in a ton of directions. Maybe they were demonstrating what fog machines they'll use on the ride.

Might I put a few questions out there for those whom were at No Coaster Con:

Return of popular shows- Did they make mention of which ones?

What did they mention about Raging Bull?

The 3-point shootout sounds very similar to the attractions at Cedar Point and King's Island. They always seem to attract people at those parks, so I'm sure they'll be fairly successful at SFGAm.

^^ Raging Bull is being repainted the same colors, also Raging Bull will be one of the 6 coasters (others being Batman, Superman, Iron Wolf, Eagle, and Dark Knight) to have mandatory lockers for loose items.

Shows returning in 2008 are Show Stoppin', Marvin The Martian, Reflections: Sounds of the 80s, Get Ready To Wiggle, both Parades (though bothe are in the front of the park this year), Spirit of America, Manny B., and Country Rocks.

^ I wasn't at the NCC, but I heard about Raging Bull getting a shiny new coating of paint! Hopefully they'll scrape all the gum off of the supports, too

YES! It has needed paint for quite some time now. I'm glad they are doing this, it will add to it's sex appeal!

^^ Raging Bull is being repainted the same colors, also Raging Bull will be one of the 6 coasters (others being Batman, Superman, Iron Wolf, Eagle, and Dark Knight) to have mandatory lockers for loose items.

They're worried about loose items on a mouse?

I have to agree with the no paying part. That makes sense. However, loose items should be stored prior to a ride on any roller coaster, mouse or rocket. Without a doubt this can greatly improve a ride's capacity. Especially since this ride will not have the ride vehicles stop in the station, there will be no time to stow loose items. This is my view on the issue.

If we have to pay to use a locker (which we are REQUIRED to use), that will be the difference between me buying and not buying a season pass this year. Hopefully you won't have to pay and it will speed up the boarding process. Do the lockers lock?

• 2 weeks later...
^ Tis true. I saw it today on my wat through Gurnee.

Good bye old lawn ornament.

Yes, it looked very pretty when we went back in June!

By all accouts the two Giant Boomerangs that are being removed had the most downtime out of all four. Hopefully Silverwood will have Deja Vu working more often than Great America seemed to have it working.

I have to say that I'm sad to see this ride go. I had been deathly afraid of it until I rode it two visits ago. The ride op gave my cousin and me the very last row at night, and the ride was INSANE! It wasn't rough or anything, it was just awesome. It's too bad that the ride was so unreliable... now was it Vekoma that screwed up or SF?

Wait, so if you have loose items, you HAVE to use them? And they cost $1-2 every time you use them? That's stupid. Unless you plan on re-riding a ride or the wait is almost 4 hours long, that's $1-2 extra dollars per ride!

^you're right, and I believe Six Flags (the old management anyway) vowed to not purchase any rides from Vekoma anymore. I have a feeling the new management wouldn't rule them out for a family coaster or something, but I think the days of big Vekoma prototypes at Six Flags is over.