TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Well after it leaked out that SFOGs was going, I thought this would happen at the other parks.

sad, I actually got to ride it twice last year (SFOG) too and loved it!

I think in all I got 3 or 4 rides. I was even there opening year, but far too early to ride it.

I find it hillarious that the one at Ill. didn't open until OCTOBER.

Glad I got to ride it a couple years back. It was one of those days that it opened about 1 pm.

I think over the next few years there will be a few more differnt coasters removed from other parks.

Still wondering about SFMM. I am guessing its on the todo list along with flashback.

I am just glad I got to ride all 3 of the Vu's at the differnt parks.

I have had a total of 111 rides on DeJaVu over the past 6 years. And I think that ours is open the most and is the most reliable. The one at SFMM might not be down as much, but it is closed a lot more because of staffing. At least, the only times it was closed was when it rained during the summer.

And if they do move it, the ride will never operate like it will again. Think of each individual valve, wire, bolt, ect that were modified to perfection over the years. Then there going to take it down and move it.....good luck to the buyer

And the ride will not be out in a few weeks....it took over 6 months for the construction alone, there is no way they can take it out and ship it within a few weeks. I think there will be left over parts and stuff from DeJaVu next year at opening.

But here are some pictures from last night.

M_0001.jpg.6bb68c20545a14af72d9890f8fb1016d.jpg

POV shot....the next best thing to being on the ride.

2068819123_7_17_20051_04AM_0002.jpg.50b496b2368c9037c2fe45d52c98e975.jpg

damn....9 people off for 5,000

1337954544_720051_05AM_0001.jpg.b2ed2227aabdff1490dd4faf5117ee55.jpg

:(

106244593_7_17_20051__0001.jpg.e4b53b739074492273faebf749ce1372.jpg

Good bye black out G's on the loop....

1393061650_7_17_20051_21AM_0001.jpg.1a46080ee9493084d593b0d9d260f0cc.jpg

The re-used Hellavator sign...now what will they use this sign for?

1385524889_7_17_20051_17AM_0001.jpg.d5832b870bccc36e73c00f89eb1bc5b9.jpg

The last time you can stick your hands in the wheels :(

I will miss that...

1362279615_7_17_20051_05AM_0001.jpg.c97126608b87c7f2177ce54b54d5cd94.jpg

The third last time the catch car will be used

1410816305_7_17_20051_00AM_0001.jpg.9331d67ef7ba3e258e68efda5961012c.jpg

The party deck lights were on for a bonus!

400054115_7_17_2051_17AM_0001.jpg.600ef16890cfb24e8193a654ed0a2060.jpg

Eric and Aaron in 1A for the last time

208516082_7_17_27AM_0001.jpg.1533c16df540b8bad5370e33c5ab8995.jpg

I kiss the ride for a final good bye.

276349807_7_17_20_02AM_0001.jpg.d97d2527e23667d7bee477397e92d0b5.jpg

All the rides getting ready to say goodbye.

626372228_7_16_200510_47PM_0001.jpg.db1f8088db6814c7674fbd0d2c9e9f45.jpg

A mis catch at tower one around 7:30 scared us....but it was fine.

Just went back and forth for a few mins.

Oh well, I got my ride on it...once.

While I will miss this ride, I don't care that it is being removed.(sounds like a paradox) The line was always really long, and the capacity was horrendous. However, it is at my home park, and it is the only ride that scares me after I've ridden it. If I knew it was leaving, I would have tried to get more rides in. Hopefully the dive machine rumor is true, because that would be an excellent replacement, and it would really put SFGAM on the map.

I'm one of those that has been fortunate enought to ride all of the "Vu's".

It certainly wasn't my favorite ride but I did ride occasionally. I actually thought the uptime at SFGAm over the past couple seasons was pretty good. I know it was a maintenance and capacity nightmare though.

I got the ride-ops and John Curty from SFGAm management to sign my wristband for the final rides last night.

Bye-Bye big green lawn ornament!

First, no I am not a ride operator, I just knew when to go and never waited in a line greater than 40 minutes.

Second, it is much quicker to de-construct a ride than it is to put it up. It is very possible to get that thing out of the park in 3 weeks. The buyers pay for the removal and shipment as well, so the park can careless how long it takes, but the buyers want it asap.

I really did not like either of the Deja Vu's I've been on. Just not my thing. I'm happy these are going away. Hopefully SFMM's is next.

Hopefully not until I make it back out to California. I still need that one to complete the set in America. They are still the scariest coaster(s) I have ridden so far.

There actually has never been a day that I've been at SFoG and Deja Vu wasn't running. It was always up when I went.

SFGAm was also open the day we were there with TPR...

Last Deja Vu credit I need is at SFMM... Which will be next summer hopefully.

Sad day I've always loved Deja Vu...

Wishing SFMM's Deja Vu away is naughty! No presents for you from Santa this year!

As for staffing issues and Vu at SFMM, I've never seen such problem. Of the 5 times I've been to Magic Mountain, Vu was closed only one time and that was because they synchronized it's rehab with Psyclone demoltion...they re-opened it a couple days after my visit. So to me it seems that the major bugs are out of Vu.

So if SFGAm's Deja Vu is going overseas, where is SFOG's going? I thought theres was going overseas as well.

Here is a video from the TPR Midwest trip:

TPR Loves Deja Vu

Dude, did that first girl that walked by in the video say "Its just like having sex!" or is it just me? Guess she likes it rough...

Anywho, yes its sad to see it go. I always really liked it, it just scared the shit out of me! Now all I need is SFMM's and Im set...

Here is a video from the TPR Midwest trip:

TPR Loves Deja Vu

Dude, did that first girl that walked by in the video say "Its just like having sex!" or is it just me? Guess she likes it rough...

Anywho, yes its sad to see it go. I always really liked it, it just scared the poo-poo out of me! Now all I need is SFMM's and Im set...

Yep, she sure said that.

Deja Vu at SFGAm was my first "Boomerang" type coaster. I'll be missing the coaster that got my "Boomerang virginity."

I still have yet to ride the original Boomerang, but at least I got the Deja Vu and the Invertigo credit (nerr to you Casey and Erik ).

Glad I got this credit, but I'm going to have to settle for 2 from 3 with SFOG DV going.

I've had a pretty good run with the magic mountain DV, it's always been running and getting there early after opening and/or the single riders line makes it a short wait.

I am curious about where it's going, along with the SFOG DV (if it's relocating) and the rumoured relocation of Chiller, please be Australia any of them (not likely I know).

I only regret this because I never got this credit. I hit SFGAm last year, but didn't make it on this. I was going to make a quick trip to SFGAm this month to get the 6 credits I'm missing there, but I couldn't get off my lazy butt.

Dang it!

missed credit

I have been on SFMM's Deja, and wasn't too fond of it. I suppose it's much better than a standard boomerang or invertigo, but it's still just a junky Vekoma to me.

I look forward to riding the Vekoma woodies on the Europe trip next year. Maybe I'll finally get to like a Vekoma for a change.

Deja Vu at SFGAm was my first "Boomerang" type coaster. I'll be missing the coaster that got my "Boomerang virginity."

I still have yet to ride the original Boomerang, but at least I got the Deja Vu and the Invertigo credit (nerr to you Casey and Erik ).

You have to remember that I already had the SFGam Deja Vu credit and the Invertigo at SFA, so no real big loss.

Wow... This comes as quite a blow.

These rides are my second favorite coaster in the SF chain. Unfortunately, the SFGAm and SFoG models are the best due to their location in the park. This is really disappointing. I do really hope the SFMM one is spared, but I don't know...

Having said that. The ride was only good if you managed to get in 8B or 7B, and that was very hard to do with the priority seating. Plus, if you got in an A seat the ride wasn't worth a 5 minute line. And of course, the lines are absurd and move incredibly slowly. I didn't mind it on one or two trips, but wouldn't wait for it very often.

I just hope the SFMM one is spared...

Glad that i got on it earlyer this month. Yes capacity is bad and it was down a lot but i am sure gonna miss it. Just glad to have had the chance to ride it if only 3 times since it has sat there. As for roughness i don't think it was that bad. At the beginning of october i sat on the outside back row and only hit my head twice and it was at the same point on the first turn of the boomerand (and the second on the way back).

R.I.P Deja Vu

^It's a lot more reliable than people give it credit for. In fact, it hasn't been closed the many times I went this year (other than for the Psyclone dismantle) and it's (infrequent) breakdowns usually last 10-20 minutes now.